• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the consensus on framerate? Should I just cap to 60 despite having a 144fps monitor?

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
God damn it the MS servers are getting a pounding!
My Gig connection is tapping out at about 30Mb/s

chur

Oct 25, 2017
Game feels weird after thousands of hours on Destiny. Audio is muffled, but other than that the game is running great on Steam.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
Damn, how big is a download for such an old game? 1.3GB download and it says 2.5% in Game Pass app on Win 10. What the hell....

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Well from what it looks like the game animations are capped at 60 FPS and it's extremely noticeable if you play on a 144hz or higher monitor so I would imagine it's probably going to be a widespread issue. The game ran fine during the beta other than the mouse input issue but now it's just so much worse...

Ah so that's what's weird. The mouse input feels quite good now at 144hz but yeah the animations are throwing me off. Were they uncapped in the flights?

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
If I played Reach on 360, booting the game on One or PC will unlock all the achievements I unlocked back in days?

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah with Reach, the brand new UI, I think this is not only the best package of content ever released but my favorite game this gen by far.

Outlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I own the Legendary edition of Reach, but never played the original MCC release.

Does my flaming helmet from owning the Legendary version of Reach cross over to this new MCC?

Oct 17, 2018
Does MCC use the new gamertag system? Like if I change my name to something new, will it have numbers next to it in game if the name isn't unique?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have screenshots of the new progression system? What the first unlocks are, when you get the flaming helmet effects, what the final unlocks are, etc.?

So why some people are claiming on the Steam forum they got all the achievements including the Legendary Coop ones etc? It's impossible they completed the game on One, it released 2 hours ago.
Are you sure they aren't referring to achievements for the other games in the collection? Those achievements are already in the Steam version even though the games for them aren't yet, so I wouldn't be surprised if people who played the collection on Xbox One are unlocking Steam achievements for the rest of the collection.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
I get a black screen and an eventual crash every time I load into a match. Racking up these 5 minute bans

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Campaign plays damn good on my older machine at 1080p w/ Enhanced. i5-4690 w/1070. Haven't tried multi yet but I'm impressed.

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
The stealth 42GB X1X update is killing me.
I was so pumped to play at least 4 hours straight, but probably I will manage to Reach 3 hours (thanks Gigabit connection at least!)

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
I can't seem to launch it from the gamepass launcher on PC. Tried correctly and it froze at the title screen. I might need to reinstall.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I tried playing this game over the weekend, and every single match I got into had an insane amount of lag to the point of being unplayable. This was at various points over the weekend and my 30 mbps connection was fine.

Was I just unlucky or is this still a known issue with the game? If it is, is this Reach patch meant to improve that?

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
So why some people are claiming on the Steam forum they got all the achievements including the Legendary Coop ones etc? It's impossible they completed the game on One, it released 2 hours ago.

Halo: Reach speedrun WR is 1:34h. Maybe they broke the WR?

Joking aside... They are probably lying or cheating. Either way, only Xbox One achievements carry over and not Xbox 360 ones.

The stealth 42GB X1X update is killing me.
I was so pumped to play at least 4 hours straight, but probably I will manage to Reach 3 hours (thanks Gigabit connection at least!)

Prioritize Reach in the customize installation menu after your game becomes "Ready to start". I had an update for ODST, which I cancelled.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried playing this game over the weekend, and every single match I got into had an insane amount of lag to the point of being unplayable. This was at various points over the weekend and my 30 mbps connection was fine.

Was I just unlucky or is this still a known issue with the game? If it is, is this Reach patch meant to improve that?

Are you talking about 360 Reach or MCC in geenral? They were doing server work on MCC over the weekend.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Not sure what's up with hdr??? I turned it on in Windows, hdr signal popped up after first cinema but went to option menu, there's no hdr mentioned or a slider?? Is it detecting hdr or not?

USF

Oct 28, 2017
Great now it's just saying Error; from the actual collection "One or more items can't install"... from the convoluted as hell Halo Reach option "This is an update to a game you haven't downloaded."

Yay, chicken before the egg.. seriously the biggest absolute piece of shit piece of software in all of gaming is the Windows Store
Hey man did you find a solution for this?
I'm having the same issue