• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Story wise its Reach, Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3: ODST, Halo 3, Halo 4 and Halo 5.
But Reach is made after Halo 3 ODST with the idea you played 1 to 3 already. So its also a option to play Reach after ODST to follow the release time line. Not really a option atm tho for PC users offcourse.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
Australia has to wait until December 4th for this.

giphy.gif

legendofjelda

Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
I'm used to playing Halo games in co-op on Legendary, but I fear the regular deaths will be off-putting to my co-op partner (who is new to the game) this time. Then again, mouse and keyboard controls probably make the game a little easier, so perhaps the difficulty under it will be too simple. Does anyone know if it will be possible to adjust the difficulty upwards mid-campaign if the Elites are just dying a bit too quickly? Or do you have to start from scratch to do so? I know it's possible to scale it down, but... how about up?

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
So crazy to think Halo is actually back on PC. It's been awhile old friend.

HotAndTender

Dec 6, 2017
Does anyone know the full size for MCC at the moment? I'm looking on installing it tonight but with my 15mbps download speed Halo Infinite will probably be out before it's finished.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I'm used to playing Halo games in co-op on Legendary, but I fear the regular deaths will be off-putting to my co-op partner (who is new to the game) this time. Then again, mouse and keyboard controls probably make the game a little easier, so perhaps the difficulty under it will be too simple. Does anyone know if it will be possible to adjust the difficulty upwards mid-campaign if the Elites are just dying a bit too quickly? Or do you have to start from scratch to do so? I know it's possible to scale it down, but... how about up?

You can't change difficulty mid-mission whatsoever. You always have to do that in the mission select screen.

The only way to make it even harder than Legendary would be to activate a couple Skulls. They modify a couple traits that can make the game a nightmare, especially if you want to combat the LASO (Legendary All Skulls On) challenge/achievement.

Does anyone know the full size for MCC at the moment? I'm looking on installing it tonight but with my 15mbps download speed Halo Infinite will probably be out before it's finished.

Do you actually want to install every game or are you just in for Reach?

Either way, read this.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
I will give the MP another go but not expecting much as it was Reach MP that killed Halo as a series for me. The Campaign was excellent and may be my favourite of the bunch. The real fun starts when Halo 2 is released. I hope my old UK/EU crew will be running MLG customs a fair bit and playing BTB.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I know, but can you complete three missions on Heroic and then go back to the mission select screen and start the fourth mission on Legendary? Or does that require starting at mission 1 again?

You don't have to start from mission 1. Every mission is unlocked from the start and you can choose any mission you want in the mission select screen.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Got back in to Halo in a big way over the weekend.

LAN'd it up with my two best mates and we got through the entire ODST campaign on Legendary in a sitting and it was awesome.

Following day we played some Halo 5 Warzone Firefight which plays far smoother than I remember.

Very excited to get back through this with them.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I really turned around on Reach's campaign after replaying it a couple years ago on Legendary. Looking forward to giving it another go on the X this time around, no more motion blur!

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Are people going to play online with a controller or KB&M? I really like how CODMW splits players based on input and wish all games would do that on PC...but I'm guessing that probably won't be the case here...

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhat excited for big team battle and invasion, could not give a shit about the rest of the game.

I know it's already on PC but Combat Evolved on Steam can't come soon enough

Oct 31, 2017
As someone who have only played Halo: Combat Evolved (first game that I played) I am super excited for this.
It wouldn't be an understatement to say that I have almost waited a decade to play more Halo games.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I'll stick to controller since it's so natural or learn MKB, prolly MKB.

I'm just so excited I have two of my closest gaming buddies picking this up.

First order is BtB and going through the campaign in coop on legendary.

Excited for Halo again... what a time to be alive.

Where's my HaloGAFers at

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Are people going to play online with a controller or KB&M? I really like how CODMW splits players based on input and wish all games would do that on PC...but I'm guessing that probably won't be the case here...

Maybe judging by the Blog Post: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-november-2019

Controller Aim Assist on PC

We are not currently planning to make changes to auto-aim when using a controller on PC. The team is currently investigating the best way to handle input types (keyboard & mouse, controller, or both) when playing. If we make any changes to magnetism and aim-assist values for controller, it will close some doors and create a new set of challenges to work through.

We have heard from the community about a suggested "opt-in" option and are discussing the impacts this would have on matchmaking by splitting the population and increasing search times. If we do choose to pursue an "opt-in" feature after launch, it will require a good bit of time to design, implement, and test. And of course, if any such changes are made, it would also need to go through flighting for additional feedback and validation.

Halo has been on PC before and looking back to the CE and Halo 2 PC titles, both shipped with a similar level of controller and mouse magnetism and aim assist. Players on these titles could play with a controller or a mouse and keyboard against each other just like what's offered in Reach today.

There are two key design mechanics at play depending on which method of input a player uses in Halo: Reach. Player magnetism is what gives the reticule a gentle nudge to stick to a hit location. Pretty much every shooter on the market has some degree of magnetism to assist players. This code only applies to controllers because it is substantially harder to aim with a controller relative to the precision offered by a mouse. Aim assist is a degree of "bullet bending" that is applied when players shoot at opponents to ensure a shot that is close enough registers as a hit and is core to how Halo weapons like the Needler work. This code is the same across both controller and mouse and keyboard inputs.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty epic moment that Reach and soon other Halo games that never saw PC will be releasing not only on PC but also steam. Very cool.

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I can't wait for it, not played Reach in such a long time

Though I will say its odd that its before the MCC games as Halo 2/3 are far more iconic for the MP

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Halo 5 will have to come eventually. They can't just ignore it on PC. Especially with Halo Infinite continuing the story. We need every single Halo on PC.

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
How do you install this on X1? I am in the MCC and I can't remember where you go to choose what to install and what not to. Thanks.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Oh thanks. Found it. So we cannot preload Reach then?

No preload, yet. We'll probably have to wait until the actual patch/update goes live, which will probably happen with the global release at 10am PST tomorrow.

Not sure on that, though. Maybe we'll get more info today.

We have a VR mod in the works, Moa vehicle mod and play as covie forces mod. The last one will be amazing if they rework invasion to be human vs covie forces rather than just elites

Can't wait!