• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
343i set the bar so low with the original MCC launch that failure seems like progress. Good to know.

I've been playing the game with 0 issues aside from audio. That's well above most launches I've experienced this year.

If you call that a failure then there is nothing else I can say to you because it will be pointless.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a little disappointed that there aren't more visual improvements. :( Otherwise, I haven't had any issues, and having a 200+ frame rate is weird lol.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing the game with 0 issues aside from audio. That's well above most launches I've experienced this year.

If you call that a failure then there is nothing else I can say to you because it will be pointless.
The audio issue alone is a failure on 343i. It's bad enough that I'm just gonna wait for a patch now to continue the campaign. Fact is, if your game launches with a glaring, obvious flaw that couldn't have possibly been missed in QA....and your entire playerbase notices and starts complaining minute 1 of release, you fucked up.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
6ydqTrU.jpg

Here's what it looks like.

I didn't set it to the smiley face. It wasn't that by default, but even changing the emblem did nothing. Those aren't even the colors I have for it. It doesn't even show up on my spartan in the customization screen.

UMFjdjG.jpg

So idk, it just seems weird how my very srs spartan warrior would have this goofy smily on his armor. I get it if I as a player did this, but I can't get the smiley off.
I... I don't see a Smiley Face anywhere.

The UNSC logo is there... but?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The audio issue alone is a failure on 343i. It's bad enough that I'm just gonna wait for a patch now to continue the campaign. Fact is, if your game launches with a glaring, obvious flaw that couldn't have possibly been missed in QA....and your entire playerbase notices and starts complaining minute 1 of release, you fucked up.
It was known. And said it the latest blog they keep improving it and testing it. So nothing was "missed" or anything

Audio Issues

To update Halo: Reach for Xbox One and PC required entirely changing the encoding for the game's audio which has resulted in it sounding different from the original release. We are aware that areas of the title don't sound like what you or we ideally want them to. It will take some time to work through solutions to improve the overall experience for audio and that work is already underway. When it is ready, we will flight to test the fixes we can make prior to updating the title. We also plan to go into more detail on our Reach audio journey in a later blog.

We did recently fix an issue with dynamic audio that we also saw some of the community report, this fix will be in for launch and has been reported to be improved in our Ring 1/2 flights.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017

It's a failing for sure, but it doesn't make the entire launch a failure. My friends and I are still having a ton of fun.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
It was known. And said it the latest blog they keep improving it and testing it. So nothing was "missed" or anything

That's why I said "couldn't possibly have been missed by QA". They knew, and despite there being no pressure for a December 3rd release, decided to release the game in its current state. That's unacceptable, imo, and I think they should have delayed the release as a result.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Also anyone feeling like the game is jittery or looks weird at high FPS, it's due to the camera being unlocked but basically everything else running at 60 refresh, 343 is aware of this and looking at it

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
That's why I said "couldn't possibly have been missed by QA". They knew, and despite there being no pressure for a December 3rd release, decided to release the game in its current state. That's unacceptable, imo, and I think they should have delayed the release as a result.
We knew also. So you can always wait then. They detailed everything before release.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone got the game pass version working (stupid windows store)? As having issues loading it?

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Also anyone feeling like the game is jittery or looks weird at high FPS, it's due to the camera being unlocked but basically everything else running at 60 refresh, 343 is aware of this and looking at it

I'm not sure this is the case. I try to focus entirely on the camera movement to see if its at 120hz and I don't think it is.

wellpapp

Aug 21, 2018
Gothenburg
So uh I can't start the game now. Today when trying to start it from the Start Menu (since starting via the app doesn't work) it just opened up a Microsoft Store page for some Windows app needed, which was already installed. Tried to reinstall the game, something bugged while uninstalling and now while trying to reinstall it again I get a new error message every time. Stable as a rock!!

The support page says that Xbox Live Services are limited and malfunctioning currently, revolving around MCC. Oh well, the audio issues did ruin some of the joy.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
So uh I can't start the game now. Today when trying to start it from the Start Menu (since starting via the app doesn't work) it just opened up a Microsoft Store page for some Windows app needed, which was already installed. Tried to reinstall the game, something bugged while uninstalling and now while trying to reinstall it again I get a new error message every time. Stable as a rock!!

The support page says that Xbox Live Services are limited and malfunctioning currently, revolving around MCC. Oh well, the audio issues did ruin some of the joy.
right click the app in the start menu, go to app settings. click reset. I had something similar happen with AOE2. (doesn't actually reinstall it despite what the reset button says, at least in my case). Store key issues most likely.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Uh no. I'd rather play the game right now and have the audio be fixed down the line than not play at all and wait for the game to launch when the audio is fixed down the line. It's not game breaking and if you wanted to wait for the launch until the audio was fixed then you can just not play and wait until it's fixed lol.

It's a known issue arising from changing Reach's audio engine and they are working on it.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Can somebody tell me why I have this avatar?

It's amazing but I have no idea where it came from lol

7586b4aaaba49e4ffdbf03467eaee9e8.png

wellpapp

Aug 21, 2018
Gothenburg
right click the app in the start menu, go to app settings. click reset. I had something similar happen with AOE2. (doesn't actually reinstall it despite what the reset button says, at least in my case). Store key issues most likely.

Because I somewhat already "uninstalled" the game, the app settings isn't available. It still pops up with an broken icon when searching for it in the start menu, but only the Windows app list opens up while clicking on it. There's probably an issue of still existing files somewhere. The game is gone from the Game Pass list of games installed, but I can't reinstall it.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
I had trouble connected to a match last night after playing through the campaign. Now the game won't boot up while other games I have installed through the Xbox App do.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
I have a campaign question/goofy observation for Halo lore:

why is the Sabre Program top secret? It's a surface-to-orbit fighter that in the cutscenes in game has a relatively archaic launch procedure compared to something like the Longsword.

Love the campaign but this part has always stuck out as funny.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Lol was watching Doc yesterday and that showed up indeed. So many confused people in the chat and asking who that is. All you get was "its a janitor" from some people and that made some people even more confused lol

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
We knew also. So you can always wait then. They detailed everything before release.
I don't think the onus should be on the consumer to pick out a line in the beta patch notes, realize its importance without ever having played the game, and hold off on purchasing accordingly. The game itself seems to be getting enough positive attention that I can't really blame anyone for missing the audio issues until they actually play the game themselves.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Last gen people went ga ga over Halo 4's graphics but I maintained that Reach was superior looking due to it's high quality art and more natural lighting. Beneath the flashy look of Halo 4 with tons of high contrast bloom and glossy surfaces, Halo 4 wasn't actually as impressive in terms of the lighting accuracy and naturalness in colour transitioning. And with Reach at high resolution finally, we can see how high quality everything was under the surface.

The skyboxes for one were ridiculously detailed for a last gen game and hold up even today, this is one area where the 343 games have lagged quite a lot as Halo 4 and Halo 5 skyboxes are just bloom heavy, masked behind DoF and not that dense nor that detailed in comparison. This particular vista in pillar of autumn level is the single most memorable view out of any Halo game for me and the skybox in particular made sure to imprint itself in my memory permanently. The best part is that they aren't just static pictures but they animate.

PsjGASE.jpg

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
Last gen people went ga ga over Halo 4's graphics but I maintained that Reach was superior looking due to it's high quality art and more natural lighting. Beneath the flashy look of Halo 4 with tons of high contrast bloom and glossy surfaces, Halo 4 wasn't actually as impressive in terms of the lighting accuracy and naturalness in colour transitioning. And with Reach at high resolution finally, we can see how high quality everything was under the surface.

The skyboxes for one were ridiculously detailed for a last gen game and hold up even today, this is one area where the 343 games have lagged quite a lot as Halo 4 and Halo 5 skyboxes are just bloom heavy, masked behind DoF and not that dense nor that detailed in comparison. This particular vista in pillar of autumn level is the single most memorable view out of any Halo game for me and the skybox in particular made sure to imprint itself in my memory permanently. The best part is that they aren't just static pictures but they animate.

PsjGASE.jpg
Absolutely, Reach skyboxes, especially the one in the Pillar of Autumn mission you mentioned (and I would add Long Night of Solace too) are among the most memorable vistas ever seen in a VG for now.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
I have a campaign question/goofy observation for Halo lore:

why is the Sabre Program top secret? It's a surface-to-orbit fighter that in the cutscenes in game has a relatively archaic launch procedure compared to something like the Longsword.

Love the campaign but this part has always stuck out as funny.
I've always just assumed ONI liked to abuse their ability to classify shit at will (sort of like real life government agencies). Plus there might have been other classified stuff there.

But yeah it is very odd.