• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I played multiplayer last night for a little over a hour and had no issues, no hitching, audio sounded just fine.

Ryzen 5 3600
Radeon RX 590 Sapphire Nitro+
16 GB DDR4-3200

Shrug...are the issues only in the campaign?

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a lot of screen tearing on every match is there a way to fix it? I'm getting 70fps to 120fps on average and the screen tearing still happens

My specs: GTX 970, i7 4790k, 32GB Ram

Dec 21, 2017
What is the red next to my rank?

oO77ksH.png
Red team?

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a lot of screen tearing on every match is there a way to fix it? I'm getting 70fps to 120fps on average and the screen tearing still happens

My specs: GTX 970, i7 4790k, 32GB Ram
It's because you have vsync off, if the framerate goes above your monitor's refresh rate there can be screen tearing. It's likely due to driver updates because in the flight I had an uncapped framerate and no screen tearing.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a game from a different era, but I agree, movement and lack of mobility haven't aged well.

Funny, I kind of feel the opposite. But I have felt this way about Halo gameplay when compared to virtually all other shooters. MCC always feels like a sweet breath of fresh air when I play.

Yes you are slower in reach. Even with sprint. If you have jetpack you get some of the destiny mobility but lack the speed. But you are 100% more free in terms of combat.

You can aim accurately from the hip. You have more access to grenades. You don't lose all your accuracy if you jump in the air. Headshots feel consistent.

I also like that, despite the armor ability bullshit introduced in Reach, it feels very fair. When I die I know it was largely my fault (barring some stupid armor ability shit). In Destiny I get killed by one hit melees from sprinting titans, supers, shotguns on spawn, etc etc.

I've hated Destiny pvp for that reason every since Destiny 1.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Gyro aiming works at its best with mouse input. While the rest of the commands are the controller. When there's no possibility to do the hibrid setup, you need to use all controller (no gyro or bad gyro emulating sticks), or configure mouse/keyboar on controller. The last option is my way to play Destiny 2 on steam, and Im very pleased with my config on Switch Pro

Do you have a picture of the kind of setups you're talking about? Genuinely curious to see what this would look like. I've never felt the need to look into anything like this before, but you've got my curiosity piqued :)

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What would the benefit of a controller/mouse setup even be? I'm not being dismissive, I just can't think of a setup using both that would seem functional, but that's because I've never tried it.
Not being able to mix inputs is a legitimately big problem for Steam Controller/Switch Pro/DS4 users - Steam Controller uses trackpads for mouselike aiming, and all three controllers can use gyro controls for motion-based precison adjustments for aiming, and it works very well when properly configured. You can play without gamepad inputs, technically, but it's not quite as good as having that full functionality, aka analog movement. You either have to go full 360/Xbone pad (which I now consider the worst gamepads due to lack of gyro) or completely emulate a keyboard/mouse, there is no way to mix.

Splatoon is the prime example of a shooter taking full advantage of gyro controls for precision aiming, and the Steam Controller is often bound with shooters to have gyro enabled by default, turning on when you touch the right trackpad and off when you take your thumb off, which allows you to reset the controller rotation without pressing a button.

Me, I just like fucking around with trying to get the best of both worlds, aka both analog movement and mouse aiming.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I suppose I'm a little confused as to why you have to manually unlock customization items in the season menu, since there is no actual player choice because you have to unlock everything.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Funny, I kind of feel the opposite. But I have felt this way about Halo gameplay when compared to virtually all other shooters. MCC always feels like a sweet breath of fresh air when I play.

Yes you are slower in reach. Even with sprint. If you have jetpack you get some of the destiny mobility but lack the speed. But you are 100% more free in terms of combat.

You can aim accurately from the hip. You have more access to grenades. You don't lose all your accuracy if you jump in the air. Headshots feel consistent.

I also like that, despite the armor ability bullshit introduced in Reach, it feels very fair. When I die I know it was largely my fault (barring some stupid armor ability shit). In Destiny I get killed by one hit melees from sprinting titans, supers, shotguns on spawn, etc etc.

I've hated Destiny pvp for that reason every since Destiny 1.

This this this this this this this this this.

This is always ignored or forgotten or passed over in these chats. Even Halo 5, which has more mobility options (for all, a good move) is still distinct because of these things.

Every other shooter lets you run around a lot and THEN limits you when it comes to the actual fighting: you slow down when aiming, you have (95% of the time) to aim (down sights/scope), you have cooldowns or death=resupply, or your unlocks permit Y but not X. Halo has never done that (relatively: Reach and 4 brought in menu choices affecting gameplay, and were rightly criticised for it; Warzone relied on REQs which if you didn't play regularly, could conceivably hamstring you) and it's why I fucking loooooovee ittttttt. It's far closer to old school arena, but is distinct again.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh I hate popping shields to get a kill off. It never feels consistent.

Is it the bloom? If so I guess I hate bloom now.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot how crazy spawns are in halo

i remember distinctively getting spawn killed in halo ce now, a repressed memory

seeing people spawn right in my line of sight feels wrong coming from games like cod where people give the devs hell for bad spawns

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have a picture of the kind of setups you're talking about? Genuinely curious to see what this would look like. I've never felt the need to look into anything like this before, but you've got my curiosity piqued :)
Mind you that this is for people that like to use a controller on PC, through the steam overlay. Basically you can configure the controller the way you want, and use gyro in each game. Steam Controller, Dualshock 4, Switch Pro, All compatible. My config is simple in a Switch Pro. Basically the Gyro turns on when I press the left trigger and/or the left bumper (for hipfire). The lb is also a modifier while pressed to change buttons and is bound to shift, because I hate to press the left stick to run lol. The Steam overlay allows unthinkable customization for controllers. (I'm not at home right now, so no pic)!

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone played on Zealot yet? Is it post update zealot where the top of the map is restricted?

Oct 25, 2017
I played Reach for a while on PC and it was feeling really good to be back on mouse and keyboard. My first Halo was Halo PC. While most peoples first online halo multiplayer experience was with Halo 2, I'd already been playing H1 online for a year. Using a controller was an adjustment. So to me, Halo on PC has always felt like home.

Then I gave Reach a shot on Xbox too and coming straight off PC, using a controller felt like marching through molasses. Mouse+Halo just feels right. So snappy and direct. I'm rusty as hell but it's fun. Default KBM bindings were a little weird though, I had to slightly modify them.

I'm excited to get the rest of them on PC later and then all will be as it should be.
I just hope that when H1 comes around they will have incorporated fixes to bring it more in line with the xbox graphics. It always bothered me on PC that Gearbox's was kind of screwed up (I eventually played it through on xbox also), so I hope 343's version is much more definitive.
The community has already put in so much work over the years to fix graphics (Mortis) and interpolate animations+more, it would be a shame if these sorts of things did not make it into this final product in some form, since this is likely the version to be preserved going forward.
It's Christmas time again and I'm remembering last Christmas my commitment of a christmas popcorn tin to Stinkles if these types of fixes end up in the MCC.

But for the moment, I am very happy to be playing another Halo on PC. Mouse headshots are the best feeling headshots.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if Halo 5 had it but Halo definitely needs back fill in their non comp games going into the future. Tired of games where people leave and it just makes it awful.

I also hate getting stuck on teams who have never played a halo before.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if Halo 5 had it but Halo definitely needs back fill in their non comp games going into the future. Tired of games where people leave and it just makes it awful.

Nah fuck join in progress unless there's an opt out option. I hate joining in the middle of a match and if my teammates quit and it's lopsided I'd rather quit and move on to the next one.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH

I think competitive mode shouldn't have join in progress, but social should.

I'm loving the game on PC but there are a few things I don't like. 1, I can't do ranked team slayer. 2, I play Halo with a gamepad and I think 343i should do input based matchmaking like COD: MW. kb/m seems to have a clear advantage (especially at distant ranges) and it isn't fair for the players who want to play the game the way it was originally designed. Hopefully they at least include this in Halo: Infinite.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
So, the sound of this game is... off? The music is too loud, the effects (particularly weapon fire) too low. The voices sometimes are very high sometimes the opposite. I'm trrying to tweak the optiosn and I'm wondering if someone did something similar?

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
So, the sound of this game is... off? The music is too loud, the effects (particularly weapon fire) too low. The voices sometimes are very high sometimes the opposite. I'm trrying to tweak the optiosn and I'm wondering if someone did something similar?
Yeah, the sound is absolutely borked in this release. I wish I didn't notice it. :(

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Halo 4 was the only Halo to have join in progress if I recall. H5 Warzone too maybe.

And it was very controversial. Halo tends to be more competitive and win based than something like Battlefield. It sucks joining into a losing match.

The best system I think, is something like Halo 3 with built in loss forgiveness given certain conditions.

Wins are worth a point.
Ties are zero.
Losses are -1.
Quits are -2.
(This is roughly how Halo 2 EXP ranks worked. Not 1-50, I'm talking about needing 4000xp to become brigadier or whatever)

These points are put into an EXP based rank system with rewards tied to it. If you're grinding the ranks you don't want to be quitting. You'd rather take a loss.
If someone on your team quits, loss is forgiven but you only get a certain amount of forgiven losses per day/week.
There is a built in forfeit feature that needs unanimous vote. This is to prevent a team from not capping the final flag and just killing you over and over. You get a loss for this.
There IS join in progress but its only for disconnects.

The issue with MCC is it has an absolutely BRUTAL system for quitters. The idle protection is insanely strict. If you leave a game you are banned for a couple minutes. There's no forgiveness.

Meaning if a teammate leaves you on a CTF game, the other team can kill you over and over for 15 minutes. If you quit you are banned from searching for 5-10 or whatever it is.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Halo 4 was the only Halo to have join in progress if I recall. H5 Warzone too maybe.

And it was very controversial. Halo tends to be more competitive and win based than something like Battlefield. It sucks joining into a losing match.

The best system I think, is something like Halo 3 with built in loss forgiveness given certain conditions.

Wins are worth a point.
Ties are zero.
Losses are -1.
Quits are -2.
(This is roughly how Halo 2 EXP ranks worked. Not 1-50, I'm talking about needing 4000xp to become brigadier or whatever)

These points are put into an EXP based rank system with rewards tied to it. If you're grinding the ranks you don't want to be quitting. You'd rather take a loss.
If someone on your team quits, loss is forgiven but you only get a certain amount of forgiven losses per day/week.
There is a built in forfeit feature that needs unanimous vote. This is to prevent a team from not capping the final flag and just killing you over and over. You get a loss for this.

The issue with MCC is it has an absolutely BRUTAL system for quitters. The idle protection is insanely strict. If you leave a game you are banned for a couple minutes. There's no forgiveness.

Meaning if a teammate leaves you on a CTF game, the other team can kill you over and over for 15 minutes. If you quit you are banned from searching for 5-10 or whatever it is.

I like Overwatch's way.

You have Quick Play which is anything non competitive, you only have an xp rank and no skill based rank. So back fills should happen there.

Competitive there is no back fill and bans are eventually some what harsh for multiple quits. If some one does leave there is a count down of like 2 minutes for them to rejoin if it ends up being some kind of connection issue. After the two minutes you can leave with the loss but no extra penalty for quiting.

Also I heard there was cheating going on now on this version?

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like Overwatch's way.

You have Quick Play which is anything non competitive, you only have an xp rank and no skill based rank. So back fills should happen there.

Competitive there is no back fill and bans are eventually some what harsh for multiple quits. If some one does leave there is a count down of like 2 minutes for them to rejoin if it ends up being some kind of connection issue. After the two minutes you can leave with the loss but no extra penalty for quiting.

My issue is I only play ranked if I'm with a team for sweaty games. That's generally how Halo went.

I still want to have good games in social. And I always hated getting put into games where my team is horrendously down.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
You can't play the other games without playing Reach first? WTF? I can't select the other games in the selection screen.

BIG J

Oct 27, 2017
I like Overwatch's way.

i dont always want to play ranked to have a fun match. once quiting and join in progress is allowed, it devalues matched, in my opinion.

My issue is I only play ranked if I'm with a team for sweaty games. That's generally how Halo went.

I still want to have good games in social. And I always hated getting put into games where my team is horrendously down.

this

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i dont always want to play ranked to have a fun match. once quiting and join in progress is allowed, it devalues matched, in my opinion.

this

Again this is quick play aka social.

I dont play ranked play list but certainly it should have a variety of modes as well within reason. Like Objective based ones and Slayer based ones.

Its honestly the worst to get into a game and then have someone leave and no one replace them. No matter what team you are on. You either have paltry amount of people to kill or you're getting destroyed constantly and if it's objective based you better hope the enemy team is willing to do it as quick as possible.

I don't think it would ruin the social games area of Halo to have back fill in a time in the world where back fill is wide spread for games in the quick play and social area. It keeps it moving and you dont have to exit out of match making to get a new group.

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
Then what did I pay $40 for?
From the game's description on Steam.
For the first time, the series that changed console gaming forever comes to PC with six blockbuster games in one epic experience. This bundle includes all titles in the collection that will be delivered over time, beginning now with Halo: Reach and ending with Halo 4 in 2020.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
I think that's my bigger issue with MM right now. If most of the team leaves except one guy on the enemy team and there's still more than 5m on the clock, they should be able to quit with no consequences.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Okay then. I looked at the "package info" part and the not the description.
Don't feel bad either... as there is no discount for owning Reach and buying the game later. If you buy the MCC, it's £30... if you buy everything separate, it's about £10 more overall.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Don't feel bad either... as there is no discount for owning Reach and buying the game later. If you buy the MCC, it's £30... if you buy everything separate, it's about £10 more overall.

Well, I guess the next game will come out after I'm finished playing Reach, which I never finished on the 360.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I guess the next game will come out after I'm finished playing Reach, which I never finished on the 360.
Right! And if you like the multiplayer there's a lot here with firefights and pvp to keep you going! And when the rest releases, you don't have to budget for it.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Played a few matches last night... It's like I never stopped playing. Feels so good and runs like butter on my 1060. All these years of waiting finally paying off, thank you Microsoft!

Protein

Oct 27, 2017
Died then spawned in front of like 5 spec-ops Elites in Firefight. Jesus Christ. They deleted me in milliseconds.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain

Wins are worth a point.
Ties are zero.
Losses are -1.
Quits are -2.

What they could do is a system like this:
- You can ONLY be placed in a game in progress when you START matchmaking, after that the game will not put you in any other game in progress until you end the session and start matchmaking again. This way you get max one join in progress per session, so it's not frustrating.
- If you get a join in progress and you win, it counts +1 point. But if you lose you don't lose any points. You are not punished for joining a losing match. If you quit you do get punished tho.

There. People get a chance for someone to fill their missing spot in the team, and that person isn't punished for it.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah there's something off with it, I was firing the assault rifle last night and I couldn't even hear it over the music.