• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
It had fighting for months and months too and they chose to release it in that state
They really should reach out and get three teams together. One gets the games up and running, second team works out the bugs that pop up as well as additional features they want to add , and a third team is there to work out the networking.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not a genuine Master Chief Collection experience if there aren't glaring, ugly, laughable mistakes that could have been avoided with more time and attention!

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Could you please explain that analogy and how it applies to 343, doesn't make sense to me.
Piling people on a problem doesn't necessarily lead to a faster solution in software dev. It's not a linear scale.

Even if they know the solution to the problem it's not guaranteed piling more people on dev will get the solution out the door faster. That's a lot of messy merges and potentially broken builds.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That audio issue must be an absolutely massive challenge for 343, insane how long it's taking them to figure out a possible way to fix it. They should ask for help from some other company.
Dont worry.

Its not like 343 have a history of promising fixes and then ghosting for 4 years.

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Piling people on a problem doesn't necessarily lead to a faster solution in software dev. It's not a linear scale.

Even if they know the solution to the problem it's not guaranteed piling more people on dev will get the solution out the door faster. That's a lot of messy merges and potentially broken builds.
That makes sense. Thanks.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
Are there any tips on improving performance? I just picked this up and it seems stuttery. I know audio issues aren't fixed but it just doesn't feel smooth

Deleted member 55966

Banned
Apr 15, 2019
I believe they had a bug in animations above 60fps if I remember correctly. Not sure if they fixed that yet or not though.

Evilmaus

Oct 27, 2017
So my Halo experience starts and ends with the Halo 2 campaign. I've never been one for multiplayer and never owned any xbox apart from the first, which I got secondhand years after release specifically to play Halo 2.

Now that MCC is coming to PC, I'm taking this as a chance to play through all the campaigns as the release, and my experience with Reach so far is that it's just... kinda bad?

I don't know if I've got rose-tinted glasses for the Halo 2 campaign, or my expectations were too high or what, but it just doesn't feel great or seem particularly interesting so far.

Curious to hear where people say this ranks as far as campaign quality goes for the series?

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Played them all since day one. Halo 2 is the best for me. Sounds like you're in much the same boat. The others are worth playing though.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I've tried to play this at various times over the last couple of weeks and simply can't get into a game. I'm on PC via windows 10 store, and no matter what I select (ranked, social, firefight) I get nothing. It's cross play with steam right? Its like NO one is playing when I log in.

Terin

Oct 31, 2017
Something that me and a few people are getting ready for the CEA launch :)

Oh heck, was just lamenting with some of my friends how we'd have to wait for an official custom games browser, didn't even consider how mods could take that over

Extremely excited to have this see the light of day, hope it comes together!

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Oh heck, was just lamenting with some of my friends how we'd have to wait for an official custom games browser, didn't even consider how mods could take that over

Extremely excited to have this see the light of day, hope it comes together!
Right now it's figuring user experience, everything works just fine but since we can't hook up to MCC UI functions we can't exactly tell when you are in-game and etc. So working around that is all that's left.

Right now it's a button with a toggle, you just press End in-game to toggle the Keg button on and off or just press f10 to go right to the custom browser

starpower

The Fallen
Jan 23, 2018
Canada
From now until Monday, March 9, 2020, earn Double XP in Halo: The Master Chief Collection!

We've doubled the amount of XP per match you can receive and doubled the amount of XP per medal earned!
steamcommunity.com

Steam :: Halo: The Master Chief Collection :: Double XP

From now until Monday, March 9, 2020, earn Double XP in Halo: The Master Chief Collection! We've doubled the amount of XP per match you can receive and doubled the amount of XP per medal earned! This Double XP event ends on the morning of March 9th. Be sure to take advantage of it while it lasts!

Nov 7, 2019
We sum up much of the latest news & reminisce on the days of LAN parties if anyone is in a Halo mood.

anchor.fm

Episode 27: Optics, Totally Fried by Sacred Icon

Bryan & Joshua bring you a complete gongshow of an episode. The recording was plagued with issues as we tried to bring you video content that was unsuccessful. Topics include Halo news & speculation, lore & LAN parties. Thanks for hanging with us.

Oct 25, 2017
hey guys, can someone help me out with game pass? I recently uninstalled MCC for storage space but with CEA out, i'm trying to install it again (PC, btw) and it just doesn't install at all. When i go into the games individually ,they say there's something missing, when i try to go the normal way downloading the MCC first, it doesnt install. Tried through the app and through the microsoft store and nothing. I just want to play the damn game. I hate this app so much, it's such a piece of shit. :(

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
As far as I can tell, 16:10 support is fixed, which is nice given that I never saw it on the known issues list.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
So I played Halo Reach with Unlimited framerate and it felt really bad. Has it always been this bad?

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I sold mt X1X, couldn't justify its existence now that MCC is on PC. The only two things I'll be missing are Halo 5 and Fable II BC. I really hope they eventually bring Halo 5 over to PC/Series X. It makes sense not to while it's not the legacy title and given the XBone's memory limitations. Plus they probably don't want to commit to it while there's still fixes/features to implement into the current MCC. It would be strange to be missing one mainline Halo game from PC while everything else is there so hopefully 343 hires a third party to port it.

Last edited:

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
So I turn on my Xbox and all my games are uninstalled. Cool. Must have been the last update. I redownload everything (which takes like an entire day) and now the game has horrible performance issues. I only play H3/H2 multiplayer and it is atrocious. Serious framedrops during MP no matter what the map.

I guess reinstall the whole thing again? This game is a never ending saga.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
So I turn on my Xbox and all my games are uninstalled. Cool. Must have been the last update. I redownload everything (which takes like an entire day) and now the game has horrible performance issues. I only play H3/H2 multiplayer and it is atrocious. Serious framedrops during MP no matter what the map.

I guess reinstall the whole thing again? This game is a never ending saga.
If you only play H2/H3 multiplayer then why not just install those components (if this wasn't what you were already doing)?

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
If you only play H2/H3 multiplayer then why not just install those components (if this wasn't what you were already doing)?

I stay away from that feature now because I had to reinstall once before due to messing with it. Tried to remove some of the campaigns and then my MCC just wouldn't launch.

I could write a novel about my experiences with this game. Yet... I keep coming back.

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
Is anybody else getting horrible lag like this in Halo CE MCC multiplayer on PC? It'll usually play like this for several minutes before booting me out, but so far it feels like I'm the only one who experiences this.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way I can uninstall CEA from PC with GamePass without uninstalling the entire game?

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Gotta say I was pretty excited to hop back into Halo after starting playing on PC again. I downloaded the MCC via XGP a few days ago and I finally booted it up today and I was just met with a huge disappointment.

It's the 21st century, my country, Lithuania, literally just celebrated 30 years of independence from the USSR (on March 11) and the first thing I was greeted after booting up the game, was a screen written purely in Cyrillic. I think this is Ukrainian, but either way, Cyrillic has not been in the country for 30 years now, so why am I seeing this shit?

9vU93Ij.png

Just why? I don't even want to play the game now. Is there anywhere to report this to the devs? Get it fixed or something?

Nov 14, 2017
Gotta say I was pretty excited to hop back into Halo after starting playing on PC again. I downloaded the MCC via XGP a few days ago and I finally booted it up today and I was just met with a huge disappointment.

It's the 21st century, my country, Lithuania, literally just celebrated 30 years of independence from the USSR (on March 11) and the first thing I was greeted after booting up the game, was a screen written purely in Cyrillic. I think this is Ukrainian, but either way, Cyrillic has not been in the country for 30 years now, so why am I seeing this shit?

9vU93Ij.png

Just why? I don't even want to play the game now. Is there anywhere to report this to the devs? Get it fixed or something?
I'm Australian and got a message screen in Korean after installing CE:A, so I think there might be some problems with that system in general.