• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
bcIXxqA.jpg

sGXCbBJ.jpg

MCC Era Discord

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Things to be added within the day:

Full PC Settings Details
Graphic displaying metacritic / open critic scores (Metacritic Score - 91 For the Xbox 360)

Media:

Cost:
$10 via Steam

Additionally this OT will be updated to incorporate ALL future releases of the Halo Franchise on PC as part of the porting process of the Master Chief Collection.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Launch Day Times
NOTE: You cannot preload the game or use a VPN to gain early access. All release times are simultaneous.

10 AM PT
12 PM Mexico City
1 PM ET
3 PM São Paulo
6 PM London
7 PM Lagos
7 PM Berlin
9 PM Moscow
2 AM Beijing (Dec 4)
3 AM Tokyo (Dec 4)
5 AM Sydney (Dec 4)
7 AM Auckland (Dec 4)

Launch Day Multiplayer Playlists

SOCIAL GAMES
  • 1v1 Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Slayer
    • Maps: Countdown, Zealot, and Forge World (MLG Element, MLG Sanctuary)
    • Settings: Hardcore ZBNS
  • 2v2 Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Slayer, Flag & Bomb, Zone Control, Asset Denial
    • Maps: Countdown, Powerhouse, Reflection, Anchor 9, Battle Canyon, Solitary, and Forge World (Asylum, Select)
    • Settings: Title Update
  • 4v4 Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Slayer, Flag and Bomb, Zone Control, Asset Denial, Action Sack, SWAT, Snipers, and Grifball*
    • Maps: Boardwalk, Countdown, Powerhouse, Reflection, Sword Base, Zealot, Anchor 9, Tempest, Condemned, Battle Canyon, Penance, Solitary, High Noon, and Forge World (various)
    • Settings: Title Update (Grifball is Vanilla)
  • 8p FFA Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Slayer, Zone Control, Asset Denial, Action Sack, SWAT, and Snipers
    • Maps: Boardwalk, Countdown, Powerhouse, Reflection, Sword Base, Zealot, Anchor 9, Condemned, Battle Canyon, Penance, Solitary, High Noon, and Forge World (various)
  • 12p FFA Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Infection
    • Maps: Boardwalk, Countdown, Powerhouse, Reflection, Sword Base, Zealot, Anchor 9, Condemned, Penance, Solitary, and Breakneck
    • Settings: Vanilla
  • 8v8 Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Slayer, Flag and Bomb, Zone Control, Asset Denial, Action Sack, and Snipers
    • Maps: Boardwalk, Boneyard, Spire, Breakpoint, Tempest, Highlands, Ridgeline, High Noon, Breakneck, and Forge World (various)
COMPETITIVE GAMES
  • Halo: Reach Team Hardcore
    • Game Variants: Hardcore Slayer, Hardcore CTF 3, Hardcore CTF 5, and Hardcore King
    • Maps: Countdown, Zealot, Battle Canyon, Penance, Forge World (MLG Sanctuary, MLG Pit, MLG Nexus)
    • Settings: Hardcore ZBNS (based on MLG v7)
  • Invasion
    • Game Variants: Invasion
    • Maps: Boneyard, Spire, Breakpoint, and Forge World (Broadcast, Floodgate, Overgrowth, Refinery)
    • Settings: Vanilla
FIREFIGHT
  • Heroic Firefight Limited
    • Game Variants: Firefight Limited and Generator Defense Limited
    • Maps: Beachhead, Corvette, Courtyard, Glacier, Holdout, Outpost, Overlook, Waterfront, Unearthed, and Installation 04
  • Firefight Arcade
    • Game Variants: Arcadefight, Fiestafight, Fistfight, FRGfight, Nadefight, Plasmafight, Rocketfight, and Sniperfight
    • Maps: Beachhead, Corvette, Courtyard, Glacier, Holdout, Outpost, Overlook, Waterfront, Unearthed, and Installation 04

Last edited:

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait.

Halo Reach is the only Halo game I haven't played.

Btw do the games in the MCC actually hold out their original menu screens?

PepperedHam

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Man I am so hyped to play some Halo on PC. It's been so so so damn long since my friends and I got to play a Halo game (haven't had an Xbox all gen).

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Stoked for this. Been too long since I've played and I loved the game modes in reach. I actually remember playing the originals multiplayer beta.

Did it have big team battle I forget.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
ONE MORE DAY, LETS GO

I'm so excited to be playing Reach again, and finally on PC. It feels like I've reopened a time capsule of my childhood playing with friends for hours every night after school. Got new (and better) friends I'm playing with now though, but we're still just as excited.

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
If i have mcc on xbox, and I've bought reach through the store... will it patch in? or do i have to go in and download it?

Oct 27, 2017
Is it a global release/launch time (10:00 AM PST on Dec 3rd) for both Xbox/PC GamePass and Steam or is it launching earlier for the GamePass (and I guess the paid Xbox version) versions?

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Beat the campaign but never played the MP (Didn't have Live Gold at the time and the talk of the armor lock kind of drew me away) but excited to try it out now. Hope it's good!

Honestly it's just a nice appetizer while I wait for Halo 1/2/3 MP.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone tell me how the package for MCC works? Like, if I buy Reach first, will I get a discount if I later decide to purchase the whole MCC?

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Beat the campaign but never played the MP (Didn't have Live Gold at the time and the talk of the armor lock kind of drew me away) but excited to try it out now. Hope it's good!

Honestly it's just a nice appetizer while I wait for Halo 1/2/3 MP.

There are 2 forms of Halo REACH MP on MCC

1. Title Update Reach reduces bloom to 85%
2. NBNS which is the hardcore settings where there is no bloom and no sprint.

NBNS Reach is the best Halo multiplayer this decade

Oct 25, 2017
As I'll be playing Halos for the first time it sucks that they're not starting with Halo 1. But I'll keep waiting.

Deleted member 4260

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Excited to play this again. While far from my favorite Halo multiplayer experience, I still played it a ton and enjoyed it, despite its issues. Playing this at 60 FPS will be a treat.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Reach sucks, looking forward to it on PC.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
There are 2 forms of Halo REACH MP on MCC

1. Title Update Reach reduces bloom to 85%
2. NBNS which is the hardcore settings where there is no bloom and no sprint.

NBNS Reach is the best Halo multiplayer this decade

Yeah I'll definitely keep an open mind. I'm not really into SWAT so it'll be interesting to see what other playlists are popular.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but I don't have $50 (CAD) lying around after Black Friday, whereas I can squeeze in $10 until I need to drop more
When I bought Reach on Steam there was no option to buy the rest of the package for the remaining $30 (I ended up refunding and then just buying the whole package) so you may want to wait until you have the money to spare to get the whole thing. Maybe do a gamepass trial for a month to play the game if you haven't done that yet.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm super excited about playing this again. I wasn't a fan of the multiplayer (damn you armor lock), but I'm game for Legendary Campaign and Firefight. MCC is gonna get even crazier with the achievements.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Please have uncapped framerate

In the last PC flight, we were able to further test our experimental implementation of variable frame rate (VFR) and the feature does not meet our quality expectations. We always knew and stated that some of these features would be a bit dicey given that the underlying games are old (9 years in this case) and were designed to run at 30FPS on a fixed platform (Xbox 360). The way VFR was built for Halo: Reach on PC created a variety of negative side effects and issues ranging from increased mouse input delay (which is the opposite of what should happen) to instability. The team has been hard at work on fundamental improvements which are showing very promising results in Ring 1/2 flighting.

We know this is a very important feature for the community, and with some recent refinements, VFR will be included at launch. Based on the recent improvements receiving positive feedback, we wanted players to have the option to use the experimental VFR option on Day 1. We look forward to your feedback and will continue to monitor this closely post-launch.

From the latest MCC Development: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-november-2019