• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna wait until Combat Evolved comes out before getting the MCC, but I'm glad to see the Halo games finally having an updated version for PC. My wife didn't play games until recently, and the Halo series is the set of co-op campaigns I've been itching to play through with her.
No split-screen on PC just FYI.

unknownspectator

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This title is a reach, but I'm excited nonetheless.
giphy.gif

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are many times in Swat when a player with bad aim will spot a player first but will be killed by the player he spotted because he missed.

Don't forget that pro and hardcore game types like to remove weapon and sandbox elements just because they think utility weapons are the only things that matter in Halo.

This is ridiculous

Every single pro/hardcore mode still has powerups and power weapons on map. They may remove some weapons and move stuff around but they would never remove that framework of controlling powerups and power weapons.

Bungie/343 design the game with an all encompassing audience in mind. Pro gametypes are designed specifically for top tier players.

And fuck anyone who thinks we shouldn't spawn with a utility weapon. I love MCC but by far my #1 complaint is we still have bullshit AR starts plagueing the game in Halo 3. Remove that garbage.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Collection of trailers for Halo Reach (limited to four media pieces lol)

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
And fuck anyone who thinks we shouldn't spawn with a utility weapon. I love MCC but by far my #1 complaint is we still have bullshit AR starts plagueing the game in Halo 3. Remove that garbage.
I filed AR starts as a bug report during flighting.
Not really

Seriously though remove AR starts.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
This is ridiculous

Every single pro/hardcore mode still has powerups and power weapons on map. They may remove some weapons and move stuff around but they would never remove that framework of controlling powerups and power weapons.

Bungie/343 design the game with an all encompassing audience in mind. Pro gametypes are designed specifically for top tier players.

I don't get why they removed smg starts in H2 Classic but didn't remove Ar starts in 3.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
The servers are going to be slammed tomorrow when this hits. I am going to rinse the campaign been so many years since I played Reach!

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why they removed smg starts in H2 Classic but didn't remove Ar starts in 3.

I'd argue SMG starts are more useful than AR starts in Halo 3. At least you can dual wield and be formidable.

There's honestly no excuse. 343 learned their starting weapon lesson in Halo 5. Give us the damn BR's.

And remove Last Resort from 4v4.

Guess it depends on what you define Halo as

You can think SWAT is a super fun mode and even have it be your favorite way to play Halo.

But removing power weapons and shields from the map is taking a LOT out of the game.

It's a popular custom game mode, but it is not representative of Halo gameplay.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
I was just thinking 4 player co-op could be a really cool mod for Halo 1&2 for MCC even something like replacing multiple Chiefs with ODSTs with different starting loadouts.

I'd argue SMG starts are more useful than AR starts in Halo 3. At least you can dual wield and be formidable.

There's honestly no excuse. 343 learned their starting weapon lesson in Halo 5. Give us the damn BR's.

They're truly the successors of Bungie being stubborn about AR/SMG starts.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't hate Swat I just don't recognize it as a core gametype, it's a step above gimmicks in action sack. Also I was being facetious about removing it from playlists.
Oh ok my bad, definitely had a slight woosh moment lol. That's fair tbh, I think they only made it a separate gametype due to popularity, kind of like Grifball getting split from Action Sack over time.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019

You can think SWAT is a super fun mode and even have it be your favorite way to play Halo.

But removing power weapons and shields from the map is taking a LOT out of the game.

It's a popular custom game mode, but it is not representative of Halo gameplay.

Halo for me is absolutely about map control. That and then shield system are the core. And nadeshots.

And reversals. Yum yum.

QUICK LET'S HAVE THIS DISCUSSION AGAIN

mreastman

Prophet of Truth
Jan 2, 2018
Do you guys think this will run on my little Surface Pro 6? It's the i5 variety. Having a buddy over for some local co-op.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys think this will run on my little Surface Pro 6? It's the i5 variety. Having a buddy over for some local co-op.

There's no local co-op on PC unfortunately.

Wait, so is tomorrow just Reach? I assumed from the Steam page we were getting them all. I haven't followed all the flight releases and stuff.

Yep, just Reach. Halo CE will begin flighting early next year. The rest will be added over 2020.

Last edited:

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is ridiculous

My point is there is no one way to play Halo. But the fact is Swat is and always has been a more populated playlist in each Halo game over Hardcore/MLG playlists.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
This video is from an older I5 with a slightly weaker iGPU, running at 768p.

Dunno if it's the case for Intel integrated GPUs as well, but AMD APUs are super reliant on RAM, so your mileage might vary.

mreastman

Prophet of Truth
Jan 2, 2018
There's no co-op on PC unfortunately.

Ah yes, I know! Sorry it wasn't super clear. I've got my rig and buddy will be on the surface.

Here is a video of it running on UHD 620 (which I assume is the gpu you have from a quick google search). No idea if throttling/heat will be an issue on that though:

You're incredible, I absolutely should have done my own search or at least given you my specs. Thanks for sharing this!

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My point is there is no one way to play Halo. But the fact is Swat is and always has been a more populated playlist in each Halo game over Hardcore/MLG playlists.

Part of the beauty of the halo sandbox is how many cool game modes you can make out of it.

That being said, that is all SWAT is. It's a game mode that was popular enough to justify its own playlist. It firmly belongs in the same grouping as Infection, Grifball, Husky Raid, Castle Wars etc. It's another way to play Halo, but its not core halo.

That would be like calling gun game core CoD.

Popularity aside, MLG is closer to core halo than SWAT. MLG is just slight tweaks to the core formula.

SWAT just straight up removes core elements.

Honestly my frustration with SWAT is a lot of my friends were more casual Halo fans and preferred it to normal Halo. We would hop on and they would want to always play SWAT. I remember one even said that he never liked how cheap it felt for someone to steal his kill or for him to shoot someone first and them still killing them (nice self own).

I always wanted to play real Halo but SWAT was too popular :(

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Think I'm gonna play some 360 Reach on the One X tonight as a send off.

Thank god it's only one more evening of putting up with that godawful motion blurring...

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Probably my most played game ever with 60+ days of game time back in the day. I am inheritor on Reach X360 and can't wait to play back this game in a clean quality (finally the horrible motion blur is removed)
Remember Reach folks!
Remember when i had to use Raptr to track game time and it said i had played 1500 or so hours of it think its the only multiplayer game i have ever put that much time into Powerhouse is still my favorite map for a shooter period

TheDanger

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe I got the whole day off tomorrow and need to wait until 7 pm for the release. (Europe)