• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
No split-screen on PC just FYI.
And there goes my interest in the PC versions. If there's one thing I'd personally want from Halo on PC, it's being able to play split-screen at 60FPS without severe LOD cutbacks.

That's a real shame. I'm tired of split-screen getting cut from PC versions. First Forza Motorsport, now this. At least Gears 5 absolutely nailed it.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
And there goes my interest in the PC versions. If there's one thing I'd personally want from Halo on PC, it's being able to play split-screen at 60FPS without severe LOD cutbacks.

That's a real shame. I'm tired of split-screen getting cut from PC versions. First Forza Motorsport, now this. At least Gears 5 absolutely nailed it.

Shoot did they remove it from 7? Ugh. WHY.

I don't like this trend at all. I've always wanted to be able to have Halo on a laptop, and then plug it into a TV or something in a hotel. Lugging around an Xbox just isn't worth it just for that, since I'm usually bringing a laptop anyway.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Sucks that it's cut but I can't imagine a lot of people use split screen on PC. I could be wrong though.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Not sure what kinda work goes into something like that.

But if it is a decent undertaking you gotta imagine its just a super simple business decision.

Halo console games have limited or gotten rid of splitscreen because they viewed the demand as not being enough to justify the work needed to make it happen. That and it wasnt worth sacrificing fidelity to make sure it holds up in split screen.

I gotta imagine the market for split screen on a PC is incredibly small if they already thought the console splitscreen market is small.

I do think 343 wants to make infinite possible in split screen so we will see.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit, I thought that this would drop at midnight (in 40 minutes here). Tomorrow at 18:00??

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There was a preinstall button for MCC with XGP/ultimate but it got ready so quick I doubt it actually preinstalled the full game. Just a loader or something, when started the usual message of "you're too early".

Deleted member 4372

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this cross-play between Steam/Windows Store? Can I party up w Steam friends if playing via Game Pass?

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
Not sure what kinda work goes into something like that.

But if it is a decent undertaking you gotta imagine its just a super simple business decision.

Halo console games have limited or gotten rid of splitscreen because they viewed the demand as not being enough to justify the work needed to make it happen. That and it wasnt worth sacrificing fidelity to make sure it holds up in split screen.

I gotta imagine the market for split screen on a PC is incredibly small if they already thought the console splitscreen market is small.

I do think 343 wants to make infinite possible in split screen so we will see.
Personally I view split-screen as one of the defining features of the Halo series. It's what made me love the games. Playing through the campaign on Legendary, getting our asses beat, and trying out stupid shit like standing on banshees was so much fun. Then there's the spawnpoint system that made it possible to play higher difficulties and muck about at the same time.

PC's have the potential to do split-screen with fewer cutbacks, and seeing developers skimp on it is a real shame. I can understand the business decision (especially since we're talking about making it work across many engines for MCC), but as a consumer and a longtime fan, I don't give a shit. I don't want a cutdown version and an inferiour product.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
So i'm kind of confused. If I have gamepass, I don't need to purchase anythign additional, right? MCC/Reach (as a standalone) are purchase-able on Steam if you don't own gamepass, right?

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
Shoot did they remove it from 7? Ugh. WHY.

I don't like this trend at all. I've always wanted to be able to have Halo on a laptop, and then plug it into a TV or something in a hotel. Lugging around an Xbox just isn't worth it just for that, since I'm usually bringing a laptop anyway.
Yeah, it's nowhere to be found in FM7. :'(

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
So i'm kind of confused. If I have gamepass, I don't need to purchase anythign additional, right? MCC/Reach (as a standalone) are purchase-able on Steam if you don't own gamepass, right?
All you need is Game Pass, you'll get to play Reach tomorrow and the rest when they release.

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
Is this cross-play between Steam/Windows Store? Can I party up w Steam friends if playing via Game Pass?

Yes correct there is going to be crossplay enabled on the Steam and Windows store versions

Correct if you have Xbox Game Pass on PC (or the ultimate version) you will get the Windows store versions of the games, if you don't have it and preffer the Steam version you can buy each game separately or all of them for $40

I have mcc on Xbox. Is there a way to download reach now or will I have to wait till it releases?

Wait till it releases there is no preload on any plataform

Deleted member 45460

Banned
Jun 27, 2018
Game sucks but it's a nice little time waster until Infinite comes out.

Halo 1 should be the starting point, not this game.
Game doesn't suck, at all. They decided to go chronologically with the PC releases because the wanted to get Reach completely remade for modern systems so doing that first made the most sense.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Game doesn't suck, at all. They decided to go chronologically with the PC releases because the wanted to get Reach completely remade for modern systems so doing that first made the most sense.
Multiplayer sure does suck in Reach.

I know why it is the first one to be ported to pc. I was telling that guy that Halo 1 should be the starting point if you're new to the series.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

fae.gif

source.gif

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Reach is the only Bungie Halo that I never played the campaign, so I'm super excited to play it this week.

Does the game pretty much stick to the book?

strife85

Oct 30, 2017
Thank goodness for gamepass. Was going to buy this but bought a month of GP for $1 instead to try it out ;D

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I could see MCC topping Dota 2 and CSGO tomorrow or the next day.

Everyone is gonna want in on that Halo action.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
I am so hyped to play this on my Xbox One X tomorrow since I just finished Jedi Fallen Order. I never played this one for some reason, and my friend at work swears that it is his favorite Halo campaign.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I could see MCC topping Dota 2 and CSGO tomorrow or the next day.

Everyone is gonna want in on that Halo action.
Completely anecdotical, but I''ve been seeing a lot of people in my Twitter which, like me, had never played Halo and have the entire thing pre-ordered. Gonna be interesting how the game sells considering it's also on Game Pass.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I am so hyped to play this on my Xbox One X tomorrow since I just finished Jedi Fallen Order. I never played this one for some reason, and my friend at work swears that it is his favorite Halo campaign.
It's a consistent campaign that doesn't reach the lows of levels like Cortana, but there's nothing as good as the Ark, Covenant or Assault on the Control Room either.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped playing Halo after 3 and only played Reach during the final flight. I'm not a fan. Hate the DMR. Imma wait for H3.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

It's pretty good and with them upping the resolution, bumping it to 60fps and fixing the AA, the game looks and plays great. It's cool to see the last Bungie Halo title get a new coat of paint as we head towards Infinite.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Can I download just Reach off of GamePass if I want to? I don't want to download 110 GB (nor do I have the free space for it) just to play the Reach campaign, but it seems like it's the only way.

Terin

Oct 31, 2017
Can I download just Reach off of GamePass if I want to? I don't want to download 110 GB (nor do I have the free space for it) just to play the Reach campaign, but it seems like it's the only way.
On Xbox? Yeah, you start downloading the MCC, which is a few gigabyte, then you can go in the game and select what specific games you want and don't want.