• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
if I buy just Reach will the rest of the collection then be $30 when I decide to buy it?

Does anybody else know? I'm considering gifting Reach to a friend but if the bundle doesn't scale its price accordingly and it remains $40 for MCC vs $10 per game a la carte, I may as well gift the whole thing.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Does anybody else know? I'm considering gifting Reach to a friend but if the bundle doesn't scale its price accordingly and it remains $40 for MCC vs $10 per game a la carte, I may as well gift the whole thing.
On Steam the collection is still showing at full price for me.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I really hope this is good, I played the original Halo but that was it due to not owning an Xbox but I loved the gameplay. I'm very worried about the quality of the ports so I'll hang on for reviews, but £30 is a great price so I'll pick it up if it turns out to be solid.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Do we know what the Xbox One X versions runs at as far as Resolution and Frame Rate?

Razilez

Oct 25, 2017
Can we switch the aiming reticle to the centre of the screen now for the MCC games on Xbox? I remember them changing it after Halo:CE and disliking it, didn't make any sense to me.

Anyways very excited to be playing this shortly!

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
if I buy just Reach will the rest of the collection then be $30 when I decide to buy it?
It's currently configured as a package (as opposed to a bundle) on Steam, which means you'll see no discount for the collection if you already own one or more items in the collection.

This might change later on as new games are released however. Whatever the case may be, we won't know for sure until Microsoft/343i clarifies this.

Last edited:

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
It's currently setup as a package (as opposed to a bundle) on Steam, which means you'll see no discount for the collection if you already own one or more items in the collection.

This might change later on as new games are released however. We should probably forward this to Microsoft/343i for clarity!

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Will MCC on Steam be like Gears 5 and allow us to earn XBL achievements as well as Steam achievements?

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
I got the notification 'Reach is ready to start' but it does not show up in the campaign menu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious what kind of numbers this game does tomorrow on Steam. It's been a best seller pretty much since it was available to preorder.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Why isn't there preload on Steam? That's big sad.

Ah gamepass only lets you install 10 MB as well. Wtf. It's 24 GB, let us preload 343!

Last edited:

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
It has been too long since I've stomp on some covenant scum. Super excited for tomorrow.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I love that your going for the usual Steam unlock time at 7pm for us Euros even on Gamepass. Just love it.

T_T

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe these mad lads have me excited about playing Reach, the worst of Bungie's Halo games.

But I'm still gonna have a blast in co-op with this on KB/M and a properly centered crosshair.

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Halo Reach on PC might be my most anticipated game of the year. Cannot wait.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
343i should just flip the switch and let us play early.

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
Halo Reach on PC might be my most anticipated game of the year. Cannot wait.
#1 Top Seller game on Steam already!

ms1ho9g5u5241.png

giphy.gif

RankFTW

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I keep trying to preload on Game Pass on PC and it says 24 gig to begin with then only downloads like 10 meg. Anyway to preload the full game now?

Jacobson

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering why the game won't unlock for me until 11 hours from now... until I realized that I have the US as my region (since we don't have game pass here).

This is going to be my first time playing Halo. Is Reach the first in the story chronologically?

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
I was wondering why the game won't unlock for me until 11 hours from now... until I realized that I have the US as my region (since we don't have game pass here).

This is going to be my first time playing Halo. Is Reach the first in the story chronologically?

Yes it is the first. Unless you count Halo Wars I believe.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yes it is.

EDIT: Above is right, I forgot all about Halo Wars. Wars occurs in 2531 while Reach occurs in 2552

So your order is, if I'm not mistaken

1. Halo Wars (2531)
2. Halo: Reach (2552)
3. Halo: CE (2552)
4. Halo 2 (2552)
5. Halo 3: ODST (2552, during the events of Halo 2)
6. Halo 3 (2552)
7. Halo 4 (2557)
8. Halo 5: Guardians (2558)
9. Halo Wars 2 (2559)

Last edited:

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
Yes, and following titles will also be released chronologically story wise:
  1. Halo: Reach
  2. Halo CE
  3. Halo 2
  4. Halo 3
  5. Halo 3: ODST (even if this will take place between H2 and H3)
  6. Halo 4
(then I suggest all PC friends to pick up an Xbox and continue the story with Halo 5).

Prepare for a Legendary journey (that will lead to Infinite)!

Last edited:

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Yes, and following titles will also be released chronologically story wise:
  1. Halo: Reach
  2. Halo CE
  3. Halo 2
  4. Halo 3
  5. Halo 3: ODST
  6. Halo 4
(then I suggest all PC friends to pick up an Xbox and continue the story with Halo 5).

Prepare for a Legendary journey (that will lead to Infinite)!
Halo 3: ODST story takes place before Halo 3.

Last edited: