• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ACTUAL REACH CONTENT/STORY SPOILER
the thread title is technically inaccurate and we literally had that discussion when thinking about whether to rename the game with Reach addition, but a technicality won on a technicality...

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Thank god for steam. So glad I don't have to deal with the microsoft store right now

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Windows Store being Weird; says installed.. nothing else.

Launch 'the game' and all I get is a simple window with a logo, and nothing happens.

Where is this download supposedly occuring?

Oct 26, 2017
z9M11ZDdXJ1dVze7sneSw6en-dE=.gif

The waiting game sucks, I wanna play Halo: Reach!

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Windows Store being Weird; says installed.. nothing else.

Launch 'the game' and all I get is a simple window with a logo, and nothing happens.

Where is this download supposedly occuring?

just go into the microsoft store, click the ... in the upper right hand corner and click downloads and updates.

Click get updates

click download update

21.72GB

SteelOak

Oct 28, 2017
I am sorry but can I only buy Halo Reach or do I need Master Chief Collection? It's confusing. On Halo Reach Steam page it says that " This content requires the base game Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam in order to play. " When I am on MCC page Halo Reach is listed in between all games that are included in MCC. So why there is option to buy only Halo Reach?

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
PSA: Game becomes ready to start at ~2.7GB on Xbox One. Reach is 19GB (SP+MP combined).

I recommend launching into the game and making Reach a priority.

Fingerthing

Oct 27, 2017
Also crowdfunding some tech help. I've got Xbox Game Pass for PC, and every time I press install it thinks about it for a few seconds, before cancelling the download. No errors. Anyone else have this issue?

EDIT: I managed to solve this by installing it through the Microsoft Store, instead of the Xbox Game Pass.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I am sorry but can I only buy Halo Reach or do I need Master Chief Collection? It's confusing. On Halo Reach Steam page it says that " This content requires the base game Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam in order to play. " When I am on MCC page Halo Reach is listed in between all games that are included in MCC. So why there is option to buy only Halo Reach?
You're allowed to just buy Reach. The store page is misleading

Blitzpwnage

Feb 11, 2018
Sitting at 10.9 MB/s on Steam right now with 10.0gb downloaded. Servers seem to be holding.

Edit: Jumped to 11.6 MB/s!

7 minutes to go then back to work. Remote desktop is great! I can play when I get home now. :)

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Delete and redownload
Great now it's just saying Error; from the actual collection "One or more items can't install"... from the convoluted as hell Halo Reach option "This is an update to a game you haven't downloaded."

Yay, chicken before the egg.. seriously the biggest absolute piece of shit piece of software in all of gaming is the Windows Store

Youngfossil

Oct 27, 2017
Great now it's just saying Error; from the actual collection "One or more items can't install"... from the convoluted as hell Halo Reach option "This is an update to a game you haven't downloaded."

Yay, chicken before the egg.. seriously the biggest absolute piece of shit piece of software in all of gaming is the Windows Store
Close the xbox app reopen it and check for update in windows store

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing happens when you try and launch the game from Xbox (Beta) app w/GamePass PC. This is after installing the update from the MS.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Remember if you have the game "Installed" but not really, look above the Play button and there should be "Update" button. Weird how they did it.

Having no problems with download though, 20 MB/s.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
ACTUAL REACH CONTENT/STORY SPOILER
the thread title is technically inaccurate and we literally had that discussion when thinking about whether to rename the game with Reach addition, but a technicality won on a technicality...
What about ODST then? :P

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Why would Steam be on fire? It's handled bigger launches, I'm sure. It didn't break when Monster Hunter World came out last year, for example.