• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Welp, that suuure was unexpected. Game Pass PC download servers getting hammered. I'm currently downloading with 1MB/s. I usually have a speed of around 30MB/s. And no, it's not my connection, Battle.net downloaded the MW update that just got pushed out with full speed.
Sorry to hear that -- must be local to you though. It's been downloading around 70MB/s for me from the Microsoft Store.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Not having a preload for this was pretty idiotic. By the time I get the installation started tonight, I'll be waiting another 2 hours if this is upwards of 40 GB.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Soo the game seems to randomly cap itself at 60 FPS for a few seconds while driving the car, then jumps right back up to 120+ FPS again. Super weird. Maybe some kind of workaround to prevent physics from breaking?

Oct 25, 2017
Where do I find my settings file?
I'm getting graphical glitches after setting the res to 4k now I don't see anything and can't change it back.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Trying to play on Gamepass. Click Play and Xbox app minimizes and nothing happens, no error code or anything. Sweet.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What about ODST then? :P

VQFlOV6.gif

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Launch into the game at arround 2.7GB when it becomes "Ready to start" and make Reach a priority. It's downloading updates to games you already installed for some reason. Had to cancel an ODST update.
I'm at just under 10GB and clicking 'ready to play' doesn't do anything in the app.

edit: saw above, was able to launch in the start menu not via the app itself but can't do anything in game, just says content is installing still

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
I'm downloading MCC on Xbox for the first time and it's just downloading whole 94GB. I started it up and there is no option to select what to download at all. Am I missing something?

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Mine was taking forever to download (1 mb/s) and then I closed everything out and it finished super fast.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I'm downloading the MCC on xbox app (PC). It's about 20gb, is this all the download or do you have to DL Reach on top of this after?

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at just under 10GB and clicking 'ready to play' doesn't do anything in the app.

I thought you were on Xbox. My bad.

I'm downloading MCC on Xbox for the first time and it's just downloading whole 94GB. I started it up and there is no option to select what to download at all. Am I missing something?

Navigate to Options & Career -> Settings -> Gameplay -> Change Installed Games.

There you can adjust everything.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Guns are sounding a little weird and muted to me, noticed it right at the start when firing the Assault Rifle. Using Dolby Atmos for Headphones. Can anyone else confirm?

EDIT: On PC.
They confirmed that the sound engine is kinda sorta busted and gonna take some work to get where they want it.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Almost 70,000 players on Steam and most people haven't even come close to finishing the download. Are... are we really back?

Hope that's wrong, that'd be pretty atrocious.

I wouldn't really mind that tbh. It's only minor improvements on the original game, still probably running on toasters regardless of settings.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I really hope that whatever issues people are having right now are temporary and aren't affecting too many people. This is more than MCC's big chance at a redemption arc, this launch means a lot for the PC community and a solid experience out of the gate is paramount to ensure that Halo finally gets a shot at a real comeback.