• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I really hope that whatever issues people are having right now are temporary and aren't affecting too many people. This is more than MCC's big chance at a redemption arc, this launch means a lot for the PC community and a solid experience out of the gate is paramount to ensure that Halo finally gets a shot at a real comeback.
Well from what it looks like the game animations are capped at 60 FPS and it's extremely noticeable if you play on a 144hz or higher monitor so I would imagine it's probably going to be a widespread issue. The game ran fine during the beta other than the mouse input issue but now it's just so much worse...

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Is armor customization shown in the campaign? That was one of my favorite parts about Reach.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
playing with proper FOV and mouse control is so refreshing, i can easily hit grounded plasma grenades

is there no way to toggle the secondary emblem layer anymore? gamebreaking if true

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Well from what it looks like the game animations are capped at 60 FPS and it's extremely noticeable if you play on a 144hz or higher monitor so I would imagine it's probably going to be a widespread issue. The game ran fine during the beta other than the mouse input issue but now it's just so much worse...
And of course I just upgraded to a 1440p, 144hz display.
1yUR.gif

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
Are you serious we still only have 50 local files?! 343 seriously said they would increase the amount we could have. This is makes custom games damn near impossible if we want to play 3 and Reach. In past halo games we could have thousands of files. Why is it still 50?

Also what happened to the dynamic menu backgrounds? They're gone and instead there's a static image.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I played hardcore and got 18 kills while the second highest kill count on my team was 4. It's good to be back.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Cross-game Playlist is such a neat thing. Can't believe I didn't notice it until just now. Putting the whole MC saga in one playlist is so nice.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Probably as usual for Windows Store games no in game language settings, right? Which means that I'll have to change the Windows language settings in order to play it in english instead of german.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see I'm not the only one with the audio issues. Audio effects (gunfire) and companion voices are super weak right now through my headphones. Hope this gets fixed soon.

Reticence

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Setting my framerate limit in rivatuner to 141 seems to be causing my game to lock itself to 120fps most of the time instead of the cap I set, goes up to 144 if I disable it.

Oct 27, 2017
It's really weird to have gone from apex to this. Like there's been all these FPS advances over the last years that have slowly become baseline for an fps.

Oct 26, 2017
Ok tried to play Reach and the game put me into Halo 2:A, wtf

nevermind didn't notice the playlist reset when I was editing it

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2018
been a long 15 GB to download, any other time of the day it would have gone by quick (got 60 GB of Titanfall 2 downloaded in the same amount of time earlier), but of course the evening time is when others are using the wifi.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Quick first impressions: I'm getting destroyed, the feel of the game is going to take a hell of a lot of getting used to. Also the sounds are absolutely dreadful, really hope they get fixed soon.