• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Can't even seem to launch it using the Xbox (beta) app for Game Pass on PC. Ughh

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming the servers are fucked because I can't get a match. Reminds of... those days

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Anyone experience a black screen while loading into a game and being disconnected? I don't get a crash it just kicks me out but stays on a black screen every few games i play. Don't know why i tried re-installing, rolling back driver, updating driver.

dipship31

Oct 26, 2017
Again, welcome to Reach. Note that the sound is currently bugged and they're still working on how the game feels above 60 fps because keep in mind Reach was originally built for a console running a PowerPC CPU, at 30FPS.

Glad to hear the sound is actually bugged. It sounded pretty bad to me, but wasn't sure if that's always how it had been.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to hear the sound is actually bugged. It sounded pretty bad to me, but wasn't sure if that's always how it had been.

It's something they've been working on for a while. It was present in the final PC flight in early November and they had noted that it was there so I'm hoping for a fix soon-ish.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the audio issues should have been worked out before launch. Sure, Reach is only $10 so it's not a HUGE deal, but you'd think 343i would have figured this shit out by now, lol.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Again, welcome to Reach. Note that the sound is currently bugged and they're still working on how the game feels above 60 fps because keep in mind Reach was originally built for a console running a PowerPC CPU, at 30FPS.
Higher framerates felt fine during the flights, I don't get what's up now.

sponger

Dec 7, 2018
You don't need to. Reach is included in Game Pass.

UK, updated MCC - Halo:Reach - play mission - sends me to Store to buy the game. (XB X version with XGPU) Can someone confirm is game included in Game Pass Ultimate?

I'm really confused with the message.

EDITED: I needed to download separately Reach Add-on. (10mb) It works now. Few screens here and there. It was very unintuitive, but it works.

Last edited:

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Why doesn't my Xbox ever download updates until I turn the console on myself? Wasn't that a big feature for having instant-on enabled? I should be playing reach instead of sitting through the update.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
So my brother is having a weird error with his account in reach. There's question mark for his tag and he can't join any games, right away goes to "game over".
I'm thinking it's a syncing issue, as I was able to play no problem.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Rough first evening. I'm getting fucking destroyed. Hopefully things pick up, cause now it was mostly just frustrating.

The progression seems really lame, too. I thought we were gonna get daily and weekly challenges? Now it's just... Grind exp, get season points for level ups, unlock every cosmetic item in a linear fashion one after the other with no actual input from the player?

Deleted member 55421

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
Rough first evening. I'm getting fucking destroyed. Hopefully things pick up, cause now it was mostly just frustrating.

The progression seems really lame, too. I thought we were gonna get daily and weekly challenges? Now it's just... Grind exp, get season points for level ups, unlock every cosmetic item in a linear fashion one after the other with no actual input from the player?

lol thats pretty much halo. Every game is a sweat fest. And the progression is great, it had nothing before this update. Just ranks.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

A completely linear progression system in 2019 without all the bullshit. It's so beautiful.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017

That's just enough to keep people going it seems

ara

Oct 26, 2017
That's just enough to keep people going it seems

Seems like it. I don't really care about the actual progression that much, but I do wish we had dailies/weeklies. Always loved doing them in the X360 days of Reach. Good motivation to boot up every day and play different game modes, etc.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
So what happened to "We'll release it when it's ready." 343?

The audio is fucking atrocious

Deleted member 3856

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So is the Steam version working fine? Because on Game Pass it seems to be a bit buggy. Twice now I've tried starting the campaign and each time I unlocked a random achievement during the opening cutscene (????) followed by the sound cutting off completely. Actually got a different achievement each time lol. I mean, what...

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I start the game that says "play" on its button in Xbox PC Beta App, I also restart from the Windows Menu > MCC and I just get this screen doing nothing. Guess I'll try to reinstall or something...

9sOeju9.png

EDIT: uninstall and then clicking "pre-install" button now is downloading approx. 45Gb. Should go better this time...

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
FYI - If you enable the Relay setting under Multiplayer options you're gonna have a bad time finding matches... Toggling it off fixed matchmaking for me.

Deleted member 1722

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone been having audio issues? I just played some of the campaign and it looks and runs great, but most of the time I can't even hear my own weapon being fired? The mix is very very odd sounding. I am using headphones btw.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck are there AR starts fucking eh 343.