• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
Runs well, plays like Halo, that's all pretty good. Sounds like a 144p YouTube video tho and I have no fucking clue why, I'll boot up Reach on BC to double check if the quality has always been this bad or the codec they used to convert these for the MCC just really didn't do the game any favors.

Disappointing that progression isn't the same as it was in Reach but I guess I could have seen worse implementations, overall tho I'd say the base foundation is good but it's rough around the edges otherwise.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
its a season pass approach kind of like Apex and Fortnite do it. They also dont let you choose what you want. You unlock whatever is next.

And keep in mind, you aint paying 15$ for this season pass.

It's not really comparable to those, though, it's all stuff Reach has always had. It's not a battle pass when you're just unlocking base game content. The original game had a perfect approach so I'm personally definitely disappointed they decide to go with this sort of thing.

The linear approach is a bit puzzling exactly because it's not a paid BP. Either way, I hope they add challenges soon. I want that extra motivation.

Last edited:

Sunny

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this question has been answered before. But I'm planning to buy scarlet when it comes out. If I buy MCC on steam. Will it be cross buy with scarlet?

Or will I need to purchase MCC again?

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
Game is running very smooth for me 4K 70 to 120FPS on the highest settings

My PC specs are: GTX 970 i7 4790k and 32GB of RAM

I just finished the campaign the game looks better than ever however I do have 2 complains screen tearing is present on cutscenes and the audio quality and mix is bad it needs a fix but aside from that KUDOS 343 you have done an amazing job you deserve all the success

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Halo 3 will play much better

Man... I'm not sure how many people will feel this way loll. It feels more floaty, weapon sandbox kinda sucks, BR is terrible, etc.

Halo 3 just feels eh to play. I wish I could take the movement and weapons of Halo 4 and put it in Halo 3 with its maps. Would be amazing.

Deleted member 55421

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
It's not really comparable to those, though, it's all stuff Reach has always had. It's not a battle pass when you're just unlocking base game content. The original game had a perfect approach so I'm personally definitely disappointed they decide to go with this sort of thing.

the base game took literally forever to unlock anything. How is that the perfect approach? I don't think youre properly remembering the old game.

Also, the old game would not let you buy stuff until you reached and certain rank. Only when you reached that rank would it appear as available in the store.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
The game has frozen multiple times while trying to launch it and access the settings.
Guess I'll come back in a few weeks.

It also doesn't launch via the Xbox app, probably because it is pointing at some dummy package.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Yeah, I really don't like it. I have to play through hours and hours of gameplay to unlock armor after armor that I don't want to use. Like, I'm never going to use any elite armor, but that's what's next on the unlock schedule, so it's what I'll get.

Kurumi

Oct 26, 2017
So halo is really blowing up on PC? That's good. Playing Halo Reach again is going to be fun. I'm going to have to get used to playing on KB+M instead of controller.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
the base game took literally forever to unlock anything. How is that the perfect approach? I don't think youre properly remembering the old game.

I don't particularly consider speed being a factor here, I'm just talking about the general mechanic. Sure it could've been faster, though I never minded the slow speed either.

Grind credits and unlock whatever the fuck you want. Do daily and weekly challenges to get bonus credits. That's it. Perfect.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I signed into a wrong username and now it wont let me back out without creating an email or outlook. what do i do

wellpapp

Aug 21, 2018
Gothenburg
I've played through 5 missions already and I'm having a blast, runs and sounds good for me. Some textures having problem loading (or just lacking), and always the stuttering lag every time I get an achievement through the Xbox App on PC. Other than that.. not anything gamebreaking, no crashes. Man, I've only played through Reach once before, maybe 6+ years ago. Feels weird being able to play Halo on PC for the first time since Halo Vista back in.. 2008?
The music is fantastic.

Anyone else unable to start the game through the app? I have to start it outside of the app in the Start Menu. Sound isn't broken for me, what I've noticed.

Last edited:

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Pretty disappointing performance for me, with a 1060 at 1080p it runs mostly at 90fps but when i enter battles it dips into 40's!? Also, wtf is that trash of a video settings selection? Only 3 presets and no advanced settings, or am I missing something?

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox App on PC download speed is atrocious right now. The download also keeps flagging and error and restarting itself. It is amazing they haven't figured this shit out yet.

Shambles

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox App on PC download speed is atrocious right now. The download also keeps flagging and error and restarting itself. It is amazing they haven't figured this shit out yet.
That was happening to my steam download but it went back up to normal speed once I changed the download server. Does the xbox app have a similar option?

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Pretty disappointing performance for me, with a 1060 at 1080p it runs mostly at 90fps but when i enter battles it dips into 40's!? Also, wtf is that trash of a video settings selection? Only 3 presets and no advanced settings, or am I missing something?
That's strange, a 1080 handles this at 4k running at 120fps. Perhaps it's not the graphic settings rather something else in software or hardware causing the drops?

Sunny

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta purchase again
You won't need to purchase it again.
2ueAxJk.png

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Steam version definitively isn't crossbuy with any platform. Even if you bought the game on the Windows Store, you still wouldn't get the Xbox version; the platform you buy the game for is the only version you get.

If you want to play on the next Xbox, you should get the Xbox One version since it'll be backwards compatible.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Almost everything you're saying aside from the performance, audio and chat issues is basically Reach by design. This is why it's so contentious.

That's just Reach.

Halo 2 and Halo 3 will play much better :)

Thanks hah, I hope so... campaign seems pretty fun so far at least.

The audio is fine, don't over-exaggerate the issue.

So my first multiplayer game didn't have any audio issues. I exit, turn on performance mode in the nvidia control panel with low latency set to ultra, load it up again and join another multiplayer match on a different map and it is totally messed up.
After that I played a campaign mission and it seemed mostly fine... might be hit or miss.

Maybe the 1060 is being under-utilised? You can go into nvidia control panel -> manage 3d settings -> program settings -> Add -> find halo MCC -> power management mode -> Prefer maximum performance.

Worth a shot, I do that for pretty much every game where I care about fps.

If you havent played Halo a lot and been play modern game (CoD) then it will take adjustments.

I mean this IS Reach (gameplay side)

Yeah, you're right...but damn I was not enjoying 4v4 at all. I'll try some different modes. But the campaign is making me quite happy, like seeing those little covenant dudes run around. Missed those guys (only played the first halo on OG xbox).

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man... I'm not sure how many people will feel this way loll. It feels more floaty, weapon sandbox kinda sucks, BR is terrible, etc.

Halo 3 just feels eh to play. I wish I could take the movement and weapons of Halo 4 and put it in Halo 3 with its maps. Would be amazing.

What I would give for the Halo 3 MLG movement/jump settings to be put globally. MLG Halo 3 feels DAMN good but its held back by being limited to the hardcore tryhard mode.

But for what its worth, you are slower and more sluggish with a smaller jump in Reach. It just feels faster because most people start with sprint. I believe the FoV is the smallest in the series too which doesn it no favors. It should feel fantastic on PC. Halo 3 is probably my favorite in the MCC which is an unpopular opinion these days.

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this question has been answered before. But I'm planning to buy scarlet when it comes out. If I buy MCC on steam. Will it be cross buy with scarlet?

Or will I need to purchase MCC again?

None of Microsoft's games on Steam are cross buy with the Xbox version.

Xbox Play Anywhere is only between Xbox and the Windows Store/Xbox PC App.

That said, MCC is not Xbox Play Anywhere. You have to buy it on Xbox separately from either of the PC versions.

You won't need to purchase it again.

Incorrect.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
Played a couple games on Gamepass for PC and its been pretty flawless for me. Man it feels good to play Reach again and feels great with M+KB. Btw whats everyones FOV for this? I have it maxed out.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Started playing Reach campaign with my brother, an annual thing we do, and I'm in love with it. I'm having weird input lag issues, but it's not so bad that it's detracting from the fun. I fucking love this game.

2PiR

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
i am still confused, can i play this on Xbox when i get home or no? i own MCC

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
The devs did a great job of upholding that classic Halo Reach experience with the customization and everything.

It's so weird that it feels like playing for the first time at launch.