• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Layman's opinion and all, but I think the judder might have to do with running the game above 60fps

Well it's definitely that, but I think it's also pushing more than 60Hz. Maybe it can only update 30, 60, 120 and that is locked to a specific interval? Not sure how that would appear at a variable refresh.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
At the bolded. That was the DREAM. I remember when the first MP details of Halo 4 were coming out and we got that beautiful Halo 4 BR Gif. We thought we were saved. Little did we know...

I jumped in Halo 4 a month or two back and damn. If it wasn't for armor abilities, or the streaks or whatever, I would've really loved the game. The weapons sandbox, movement, and melee felt sooooo good.

With that said I'm really excited 343 is changing the art style up for Halo Infinite. I liked certain things they did with Halo 5, but ultimately I think I would prefer artwork closer to the original trilogy.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Can there be a threadmark that refers to the known audio issue bug? That would be great.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The launch seems to be doing something to the Xbox/Game Pass app for PC. My download is going, but the app just displays solid grey, which has never happened before. I'm going to be checking on a second computer shortly to see if the issue is showing up there, too.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
i just had a thought. probably isn't the case but it'd be funny if the muffled audio issue some folks are having was the game applying the filter from the low-gravity section of the game where it shouldn't be

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Im really still not the biggest Reach fan

i dont like the maps. None of them feel like classics

im eager for halo 3 and ce in that regard.

Hwoar

Dec 16, 2017
Since everyone is talking about the audio, I take it I am doing something wrong because for now I declare this game unplayable with K/M.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What I would give for the Halo 3 MLG movement/jump settings to be put globally. MLG Halo 3 feels DAMN good but its held back by being limited to the hardcore tryhard mode.

But for what its worth, you are slower and more sluggish with a smaller jump in Reach. It just feels faster because most people start with sprint. I believe the FoV is the smallest in the series too which doesn it no favors. It should feel fantastic on PC. Halo 3 is probably my favorite in the MCC which is an unpopular opinion these days.

Halo 3 is still my favorite halo title, Alot of my peers feel the same way too, I don't think its that unpopular of an opinion, at least I hope it isn't. Ultimately I think that 2 has the best mulitplayer but 3's campaign and NEARLY as great multiplayer experience put it above 2 for me.

adumb

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
So it was flawless until Long Night of Solace, when suddenly the cutscene began to hang, before sticking on the same shot even after gameplay had begun. I quit, but now when I try to resume it just kicks me back to the menu. Weird.

ReCross

Oct 25, 2017
Is the party invite fucked for anyone else? Me and my friend can't seem to form a party...It works sometimes but most of the time we fail to join each other's party.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Yeeeeeah I'm uninstalling this for the time being. When audio is fixed I might boot it up again. It's just not that great to begin with, stale and simple, issues on top of that tips it into not-worth-my-time-territory.

Deleted member 4179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just got kicked off XBL mid game, was told to sign back in. Of course, there wasn't any obvious way to do that quickly. Why not just... just fucking do it automatically? What? Eventually I was kicked out of the game by Easy Anti-cheat.

I really enjoyed my first four games... game felt really good, controls were good, network stuff felt responsive... I thought they'd gotten this right. For once. But this is obviously broken garbage too, and now I'm requesting a refund. Not going through this with MS/343 a fourth, fifth time now?

Edit: Maybe this is a steam thing reading the comments. I guess I'll give it a day or two before I do anything rash.

Last edited:

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Mouse button 4 and 5 are not working for me. Despite working fine in the control settings and registering every input when I try to set them, once in game they don't seem to want to work.

A really minor problem, but just wanted to see if anyone else is running into it.
even with the DLC?

DLC maps made the game a lot better imo. I really love Highlands, idk why.
I had a similar issue back when it launched, just not really caring for the MP map design, though I never played the DLC maps. I bounced off Reach MP pretty quickly. I just wasn't feeling it compared to 2 and 3. I'm excited to spend some time with it again.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
I wish there was a normal TU 4v4 ranked mode. Not team hardcore. It only has like 4 of the maps, I wanted to play on the games other 12 maps or so.
And was invasion always 6v6... seams small.

Deleted member 54292

Banned
Feb 27, 2019
Oh man the sound is really... not good lol. Hope this is resolved soon cause it's like high pitched and muffled simultaneously. A sharp noise came through my headphones that was piercing when a marine was talking on coms. Feels good to play though 🙏

SteelOak

Oct 28, 2017
Game looks great in 4k but I can't say the same about sound lol. Weapons are sounding so bad there is really no point in playing for me. Totally destroys the gunplay feedback. I hope it is something they can fix.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I like how Bungie is listed as a developer of the collection on Steam but it's the very last on the list.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
My first Halo match on PC - feelsgoodman.

mJexa3m.jpg

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
I am pretty awful. I need to figure out the best settings for MB+K and then I should go from awful to less awful. Reach for the stars!

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017

Soundchaser

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think the audio issues are going to be fixed within two weeks? I think I'm going to refund the game if it's not fixed before the refund window is over.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I had a similar issue back when it launched, just not really caring for the MP map design, though I never played the DLC maps. I bounced off Reach MP pretty quickly. I just wasn't feeling it compared to 2 and 3. I'm excited to spend some time with it again.

Naw I agree. Most of the vanilla maps are bad. I was just commenting I felt like the DLC really added to the game. We received a few new maps and then 5 or so remade Halo CE maps. It really helped make up for the lackluster maps.

Deleted member 54292

Banned
Feb 27, 2019
Just got kicked off XBL mid game, was told to sign back in. Of course, there wasn't any obvious way to do that quickly. Why not just... just fucking do it automatically? What? Eventually I was kicked out of the game by Easy Anti-cheat.

I really enjoyed my first four games... game felt really good, controls were good, network stuff felt responsive... I thought they'd gotten this right. For once. But this is obviously broken garbage too, and now I'm requesting a refund. Not going through this with MS/343 a fourth, fifth time now?

F

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm completely baffled that the audio issues were on the Flights

What the fuck were they doing during those betas?

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the line "the Covenant is on Reach" was always very underwhelming for me the first time I played Reach. Like Jorge said "this is the fucking Covenant", only on the ending of the first mission we at least got the "Did you say Covenant? " "Affirmative is Winter Contingency" "May god help us"
I'm also kind of wondering why there's a war going on in the first place? Gears 4 had the same kind of problem, whatever's supposed to establish the conflict isn't explained at all. Why are the humans and the covenant fighting when I'm pretty sure they're both on equal footing and intelligent enough to communicate with each other? Why do the protags in Gears 4 hate living under the COG despite them I think being the good guys in the previous games, and the world having gone to shit? I shouldn't have to look up this kind of basic plot info.

Deleted member 4372

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brothers and sisters, any word on if I buy Reach on it's own, and I want to get MCC collection at a later date, will I receive a partial credit towards it later for having purchased Reach?

Oct 25, 2017
The game is really great at 1440p120.
Played the whole evening.
Just two little issues: I couldn't switch the resolution to 4K, the graphics glitched out and I couldn't see anything. The audio mix sounds a bit off.

Aside from that it's so much fun and I can't wait to get back.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
never played the dlc maps. what were they?

Bungie's last map pack, Noble Map Pack

Defiant Map Pack with Condemned (Solid 4v4 map), Highlands (gorgeous BTB map), and Unearthed (Firefight map)

Anniversary map pack, with Beaver Creek, Damnation, Hang Em High, Prisoner, Timberland (Halo CE PC map), and Headlong (Halo 2 City BTB Map)

voEy0VM.png