• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Penance might be one of the worst maps to ever touch any online multiplayer title. It's so one sided it's kind of insane.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
If they're going to have AR/pistol starts they should do zero bloom pistols.

Penance might be one of the worst maps to ever touch any online multiplayer title. It's so one sided it's kind of insane.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zealot is the best map in the game.
Nope, it's a trash map and it always has been. Very little actual map and weapon control because there are way too many lines of sight and only two power weapons (one of which is useless in most situations). It suffers from alot of the same problems Halo 5 maps has.

Last edited:

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man just got this today and man I think this game has the worst sound quality in any game I've ever played, they have to fix it ASAP.

I'm just at 92 minutes so I'm tempted just to refund it but I don't want to leave my friend who got it yesterday and now has 2.6 hours in it high and dry.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man just got this today and man I think this game has the worst sound quality in any game I've ever played, they have to fix it ASAP.

I'm just at 92 minutes so I'm tempted just to refund it but I don't want to leave my friend who got it yesterday and now has 2.6 hours in it high and dry.
I almost did the same, but the multiplayer is fun enough to ignore the absolutely abysmal audio. I bought this for the campaign ayyyy lmao

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
They need to add bleed through to all non TU game types. Invasion is annoying to play already with 100% bloom.

Dec 21, 2017
Nope, it's a trash map and it always has been. Very little actual map and weapon control because there are way too many lines of sight and only two power weapons (one of which is useless in most situations). It suffers from alot of the same problems Halo 5 maps has.
MLG version is better, but controlling top gold and the two landings is a good strat for that map.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
Playing Reach reminds me of how much I missed Halo, and how much I don't like Reach. Holy fuck I can't wait for Halo 3.

Deleted member 55966

Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Finished the campaign on Heroic today. Reach's campaign is just straight up fun. Even with the audio issues it's a straight up blast to keep churning through the encounters and look at all that amazing art.

I was sad to see that they took out the Bungie credits part of the epilogue. I get why, but it was fun to watch the ship fly towards Halo 4 and read the credits.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Still having a blast in multiplayer despite the shortcomings of the game. Does anyone know of any active community servers for Reach on PC? The ERA discord is a tad dead right now.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
December 18th patch notes (for PC and Xbox):

Today a small patch is available for MCC on Xbox One and PC which addresses a few specific items the team has been working on. This update has been in development since just prior to launch and is not intended to address many of the issue's players have been reporting. Most of the current 'known issues' and top areas of feedback from players are longer-lead work items that the team is continuing to investigate, and work will continue in the beginning of the new year. For the latest list of known issues and current status, please review THESE ARTICLES for PC and Xbox.

Improvements to narration across the front-end interface for Xbox.

One of our top priorities is ensuring that Halo: Reach is accessible to as many players as possible. Today's patch includes a few updates to further improve accessibility for the title.

Addressed a mechanic for mouse + keyboard players which improves precision of aiming when taking damage.

As part of our ongoing work to assess player feedback across controller and M+KB inputs, the team discovered a legacy mechanic from the original game that was contributing to negative sentiment regarding the feel and responsiveness of playing on M+KB. We have adjusted this mechanic and are interested in what the community thinks of this change. The team will continue to monitor player feedback around controller/M+KB input.

Additional small fixes:
  • Fixed an issue which prevented the sound effect for unlocking a season tier from playing.
  • A stat error has been fixed that was causing multiplayer kills in Halo: Reach to increase the deaths in your service record.
  • A new Halo: Reach themed splash screen has been added to celebrate the inclusion of Reach, our sixth title into Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
  • Resolved an issue that could cause players to be kicked from a matchmade game when an intermittent loss of Xbox Live connectivity occurred.
  • Fixed an exploit where season items which were manually made available while Easy anti-cheat (EAC) was disabled and were able to equip them after launching on an EAC enabled exe.
Playlist Updates

Social 2v2

• [Slayer] Removed Solitary and added Synapse (Forge World).
Social 4v4
  • [Slayer] Added Think Twice (Forge World).
  • [Asset Denial] Removed Oddball on Solitary.
  • Made various weighting adjustments. Players will spend a bit less time on Anniversary maps and a bit more time on vanilla maps and classic forge map variants.

Social 8v8
  • [Slayer] Added default variants of Boneyard and Spire. The updated variants (Scrapyard and Spear Broken) will see additional playtesting and refinement before reentering the core map pool.
  • [Slayer] Added classic Forge World variants Delta Facility and Wayont.
  • [Slayer] Added new Forge World variants Brick and Hivemind by MythicFritz and Hexduster respectively.
  • [Slayer] Removed Paradiso (Forge World).
  • [Flag & Bomb] Replaced Neutral Bomb Assault with Multi Bomb Assault on Tempest, Highlands, and Hemorrhage (Forge World). This will reduce the number of matches which end in stalemates.
  • [Flag & Bomb] Added Multi Flag CTF on Brick and Hivemind.
  • [Zone Control] Removed Territories on Breakpoint and High Noon.
  • [Action Sack] Fixed an issue where players could spawn out of bounds on Spear Broken (Spire) and reenabled it for Elite Slayer.
  • Retuned weighting to better balance DLC and vanilla maps.

Halo: Reach Hardcore
  • Retuned weighting based on player feedback. Previously, each map / gametype combination held equal weight.
  • Zealot and Sanctuary CTF hold very high weight.
  • Countdown and Pit CTF, Zealot and Sanctuary Slayer, and Nexus KotH hold high weight.
  • Countdown and Battle Canyon Slayer hold medium weight.
  • Battle Canyon KotH holds low weight.
  • Penance Slayer holds very low weight.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Patch Notes – Dec. 18, 2019

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Add 3v3v3v3 multi-team, you cowards.

The other game modes just don't do it for me in the long run. I've played Reach for maybe around 20 hours now and I'll probably play it for another 20 over the next months since Jan-Feb are pretty quiet wrt video game releases, but I can't see myself playing much more than that if they don't add multi-team in.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
Good thing they removed Paradiso from BTB slayer, now remove any instance of Caged, Uncaged, etc from existence.

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Always nice for this old man to pick up my son's controller off the cuff and show him a thing or two about playing Halo. It won't be long before he over takes the mantle though.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
They made the map weighting worse I swear. I got Sword Base, Prisoner, Unanchored and that other awful map with the zero g in the middle ALL DAY yesterday.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Stopped playing because I suck at the DMR battles.

Have they said anything at all about AR/Pistol starts. I really want it to be a thing

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Have 343i said anything about fixing the ridiculous aim assist advantage controller players have? I really hope they don't think pc players are going to ignore the fact that playing with M&KB is an active disadvantage against a good controller player on the PC version of the game :\

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Have 343i said anything about fixing the ridiculous aim assist advantage controller players have? I really hope they don't think pc players are going to ignore the fact that playing with M&KB is an active disadvantage against a good controller player on the PC version of the game :\
As Napsta said, there's nothing to really fix. I've put hundreds of hours into the 360 version and play the PC version exclusively with KB/M and would never think to go back to controller. You don't even know what input your opponents are using, so don't get it in your head that anyone that beats you "must be cheating with controller aim assist" or something. KB/M is way more advantageous than a little bit of sticky aim.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad they finally added that splash screen celebrating Reach's addition to the MCC. I've been waiting for them to fix that nagging issue since the first flight.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
I suspect the whole debate around aim assist comes from people who underestimated the importance of it when they were playing on 360. Getting shots from far away with raw mouse input is hard in any game.

A good KB/M player still outmatches a controller player by far, but it definitely takes more skill. The truth is that a lot of the people who are complaining just aren't good at mouse and keyboard.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
A good KB/M player still outmatches a controller player by far, but it definitely takes more skill. The truth is that a lot of the people who are complaining just aren't good at mouse and keyboard.
I think there are advantages and disadvantages to both inputs, for instance snipers are stupid easy with KB&M but ultimately if you're good on your preferred input scheme then what other people are using really doesn't matter. And yeah I see a ton of people missing a lot of shots and that has nothing to do with the other player having an advantage when they can't land their shots at all.

Oct 25, 2017
I suspect the whole debate around aim assist comes from people who underestimated the importance of it when they were playing on 360. Getting shots from far away with raw mouse input is hard in any game.

To be fair, hitting super long shot strings aiming at the head is a big challenge on m&kb. The closest comparison I can think of is Quake but that game doesn't rely on headshot accuracy as much as Halo.

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
The dev update from today says they're not actively trying to fix the issues with high framerate or the vsync issues. Honestly about to try and get a refund I should have known better than to buy this mess. How can you have the audacity to think it's not an issue but then on the same page you literally type that Halo CE and 2 will have 60+ fps support.

Dec 21, 2017
The dev update from today says they're not actively trying to fix the issues with high framerate or the vsync issues. Honestly about to try and get a refund I should have known better than to buy this mess. How can you have the audacity to think it's not an issue but then on the same page you literally type that Halo CE and 2 will have 60+ fps support.
Can't you just lock it to 60 and have fun with the rest of us?

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Can't you just lock it to 60 and have fun with the rest of us?
No, I can't. If I try and lock the game to 60 FPS I get constant flickering and turning vsync on / off, gsync off, forcing my monitor to run at 60hz does not fix the issue. I also have constant microstuttering from having the logitech mouse software installed and I can't just uninstall it because I need the side buttons on my mouse. Switching to onboard memory to get rid of LGS doesn't work either because it wont save my keybinds only my DPI settings.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017

Get gud kid. Gamepadding since 2001

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Just because it's not listed in the update doesn't mean it isn't being looked into as there are hundreds of issues from all the non Reach games 343i are looking into fixing on Xbox alone.

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Just because it's not listed in the update doesn't mean it isn't being looked into as there are hundreds of issues from all the non Reach games 343i are looking into fixing on Xbox alone.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-december-2019
The following features and community requests are on the list but required more design and discussion, and are not currently in active development:
  • Regional server selection
  • Cross-Play between Xbox & PC
  • Steam account linking
  • VFR Improvements
  • Idle System Improvements
  • Customization Improvements
  • In Game FPS Cap/Adjustments
  • Better ways to report players
  • Bringing PC features to Console (Like FOV Sliders)

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
They completely fucked up the map weighting. My matches are just Sword Base and the garbage anniversary maps. I've only played on Asylum ONCE since launch.

And I'm being put in North Europe servers randomly. Like what, I'm East US.