• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They completely fucked up the map weighting. My matches are just Sword Base and the garbage anniversary maps. I've only played on Asylum ONCE since launch.

And I'm being put in North Europe servers randomly. Like what, I'm East US.

As far as I'm concerned no map should be weighed more than another. There are over 100 maps not counting Forge maps and the game gets repetitive because it's always the same few maps per game.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
As far as I'm concerned no map should be weighed more than another. There are over 100 maps not counting Forge maps and the game gets repetitive because it's always the same few maps per game.
I'm on Reach pc playing mostly slayer. They even said in the patch notes that they lowered the weighting for the anniversary and dlc maps but for the past three days I've basically only gotten Swordbase, High Noon, Prisoner, Unanchored and Uplink.

It's pretty awful atm. Game needs a veto system.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-december-2019
The following features and community requests are on the list but required more design and discussion, and are not currently in active development:
  • Regional server selection
  • Cross-Play between Xbox & PC
  • Steam account linking
  • VFR Improvements
  • Idle System Improvements
  • Customization Improvements
  • In Game FPS Cap/Adjustments
  • Better ways to report players
  • Bringing PC features to Console (Like FOV Sliders)
They can't work on everything at once. Plus certain issues need actual investigating and discussion to narrow down the faults.

I'm on Reach pc playing mostly slayer. They even said in the patch notes that they lowered the weighting for the anniversary and dlc maps but for the past three days I've basically only gotten Swordbase, High Noon, Prisoner, Unanchored and Uplink.

It's pretty awful atm. Game needs a veto system.
I'd be for a veto system like in Halo 3. I'd prefer they avoid a voting system like in Reach and Halo 4 though.

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta
I get the suspicion that 343 working on too many things at once. As per the December update they're working on Halo 1, 2 and Reach for the Forge + Theater. All of that coupled with the multitude of issues with the Reach port and I'm not as optimistic as some might be.

I really want the entire collection to be as stable and bug-free as possible but I feel as if these bugs will just pile on with the releases of the other games.

Deleted member 1659

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having never played any of the Halos but being a long time FPS player, I figured I'd start playing the Halos through on Legendary difficulty starting with Halo Reach.

That motherfucker is hard. I was utterly destroyed by the first enemy confrontation.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so confused, how did I already get the ugly sweater nameplate? I thought I didn't meet the criteria and they weren't handing them out until later?

I get the suspicion that 343 working on too many things at once. As per the December update they're working on Halo 1, 2 and Reach for the Forge + Theater. All of that coupled with the multitude of issues with the Reach port and I'm not as optimistic as some might be.

I really want the entire collection to be as stable and bug-free as possible but I feel as if these bugs will just pile on with the releases of the other games.
Im hoping they hire some more people/bring in some more outsourcing studios to help develop and maintain MCC now that it's already a huge success in PC.

Dec 20, 2017
Having never played any of the Halos but being a long time FPS player, I figured I'd start playing the Halos through on Legendary difficulty starting with Halo Reach.

That motherfucker is hard. I was utterly destroyed by the first enemy confrontation.

Play heroic. It's fair but still very challenging. You need to cheese most of the game to play on legendary.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Here's a protip for Legendary: Plasma Pistol + any precision weapon will be your best friends.

Overcharged plasma shot will take down the Elites shields (and Jackal shields), then just pop them in the head.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017

Im hoping they hire some more people/bring in some more outsourcing studios to help develop and maintain MCC now that it's already a huge success in PC.

I'm not sure if you are aware, but it's Splash Damage that is handling MCC on PC + a dedicated 343i team.

Barrow Roll

Oct 25, 2017
Legendary Halo is, was, and always will be profoundly boring. It nullifies so much of the weapons.
Even on Heroic, some weapons in this game are just bad and not worth using. The weapons that are useful on Heroic, which is arguably the most balanced difficulty, are still useful on Legendary. Stuff like the Assault Rifle, Spiker, and the Plasma Repeater are just not great on any difficulty. Even the Shotgun in this game is pretty bad.

Oct 31, 2017
La La Land
Even on Heroic, some weapons in this game are just bad and not worth using. The weapons that are useful on Heroic, which is arguably the most balanced difficulty, are still useful on Legendary. Stuff like the Assault Rifle, Spiker, and the Plasma Repeater are just not great on any difficulty. Even the Shotgun in this game is pretty bad.
I felt like Halo 1 and 2 on legendary are pretty fair in terms of difficulty. The rest of the series I didn't care much for cause I also felt like after Halo 2, a lot of the weapons felt watered down for the sake of "balance".

Barrow Roll

Oct 25, 2017
I felt like Halo 1 and 2 on legendary are pretty fair in terms of difficulty. The rest of the series I didn't care much for cause I also felt like after Halo 2, a lot of the weapons felt watered down for the sake of "balance".
Eh, gonna have to disagree with you there on Halo 2. The Jackal snipers alone make Legendary pretty dreadful. I think it's actually the most unfair and unfun Legendary difficulty in the series.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
The update said the weighting was changed so we'd see more vanilla maps instead of Anniversary but that has not been the case for me so far

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They completely fucked up the map weighting. My matches are just Sword Base and the garbage anniversary maps. I've only played on Asylum ONCE since launch.

And I'm being put in North Europe servers randomly. Like what, I'm East US.

Wtf. I'm in Scotland and always get put into East US or East US 2. Haven't seen one Euro server yet :(

For those outside of US, you're welcome

Oooooooooooo. I mainly play on Xbox but I'm going to try blocking everything but Euro servers on my router and see if it works. Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: It worked! Found a big team game and it put me onto a West Europe server. No increase in matchmaking time either, just straight in. Magic. Cheers again for the link!

Edit 2: Tried again just to check and got another West Europe server. 2 out of 2. Feels so much better than playing on US servers.

Last edited:

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf. I'm in Scotland and always get put into East US or East US 2. Haven't seen one Euro server yet :(

Oooooooooooo. I mainly play on Xbox but I'm going to try blocking everything but Euro servers on my router and see if it works. Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: It worked! Found a big team game and it put me onto a West Europe server. No increase in matchmaking time either, just straight in. Magic. Cheers again for the link!

Edit 2: Tried again just to check and got another West Europe server. 2 out of 2. Feels so much better than playing on US servers.
Happy to hear it works!

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
That was an incredible game.

28f76a02-f7f2-46d8-96cvk5w.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
If the gametype exists in matchmaking and you played it, then it will appear in your File Share under Temporary Files. You can that file and use it in Custom Games. Otherwise, I don't think it already exists as a gametype in Custom Games.
I've never played it so it doesn't show in temporary files. Isn't there a way to recreate it in customs?

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Where's all the snow maps. I want my banner.

Edit: I saw gameplay of someone playing that one gametype and map combo where it's just people in vehicles or whatever endlessly falling down a hill. Is that in one of the action sack playlists, or were they playing custom games?

Last edited:

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Who thought it was a good idea to make the requirement to earn the banner based completely on RNG? Playing a map that has like a 1/50 chance of ending up in the rotation 10 times is insane.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
How does one even find out what the par score is?
I think it's listed when a level loads. I don't remember off the top of my head but it is somewhere. Then do competitive score tracker because it'll take into account your time which affects the bonus to the score at the end.

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For those outside of US, you're welcome

I love it even more how the guy doesn't have a clue what a windows host file actually is. Nice little trick though, might try the same on xbox via router deny rules.

MCC PC is great at getting even objective only matches to Australian Azure regions, near flawless. MCC Xbox console however is a direct line to West US Azure region, sucks. I'll have to check for some MCC menu settings or apply this little trick more.

Deleted member 23381

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What's the point in giving a currency to unlock stuff when you have to do it order anyways, might has well just have it unlock automatically when you level up.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
What's the point in giving a currency to unlock stuff when you have to do it order anyways, might has well just have it unlock automatically when you level up.
Eventually there will be other seasons when other games are ported and seasons don't go away but you'll be able to progress through which season you want with the points.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
The forge maps 343 said they were porting from the older games. Something like 6 million user created maps from our old file shares on Halo 3/Reach/4