• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Damn, I return every few weeks/month or so to see if the sound got fixed, and still no update? I want to play this game but my audio is so fucked I can't even tell if I'm firing a weapon sometimes.

Dec 21, 2017
Xbox One X player here, I've only been playing multiplayer. Been playing since launch and having a blast.

Are the audio issues not present in MP?

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
They shouldn't have made the double xp period so long during the holiday. Now when I'm getting a lot less xp I feel like playing a tad bit less.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
People spamming armor lock in the middle of a gunfight makes me want to kill myself. Why the fuck was this ever thought to be a good idea?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
People spamming armor lock in the middle of a gunfight makes me want to kill myself. Why the fuck was this ever thought to be a good idea?
I go back and forth on whether I hate Armor Lock or Bubble Shield more.
I remember before the title update me and my friends would go online and sometimes we would all pick armor lock to get the heads of our opponents and it worked a lot of times.
Ngl I do this all the time in FFA, even with the TU nerf

ScrewyAurum

Nov 3, 2017
nice...

1q3.PNG

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
According to a 343i developer in the Halo Mods Discord, the dev and mod blog posts are both in progress. 👀

Soon™

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
Shotgun CTF on Midship is probably my biggest highlight of playing Halo Reach on PC. It's too fun.

Also I played Griftball today and for most of my matches I had the majority of actual bots on my team. A very fun mode ruined.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
MCC Development Update January
h1wip-b45c79788e344a8bb3f14957b3a64897.jpg

h2awip-cdbacd2fdc8f41af8dd9d9c85e302913.jpg

SOCIAL 4V4
  • Team Slayer option has been replaced with "Precision Slayer" and "Auto Slayer."
Historically, we've compromised by combining these into a single selection. We fully understand that different players have different preferences here, so now we offer players choice over their starting weapon/experience.
  • Precision Slayer includes weapon starts of DMR, BR, or Magnum.
  • Auto Slayer includes weapon starts of AR, SMG, and Halo 4 loadout starts.
  • Rotated in featured Halo: CE Anniversary category for Halo: Reach which contains maps and game settings which emulate Halo: CE.
This has been a commonly requested addition and rotational categories provide great opportunities to expose this sort of content.

Audio Issues:
Work has continued since the last update and we hope to have some more in depth updates for you in the next blog. This ongoing work has also led to preemptive fixes to help prevent similar issues from occurring in future MCC PC releases.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
I think a lot of people will look at Halo 4 more favorably with the legendary BR starts toggle. Some of the DLC maps are really good as well. Hopefully this option is also there for BTB.

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta
These are the most important parts of the update to me imo. Glad to see they aren't abandoning Reach yet and that the audio issues will be avoided in future ports.

• Audio Issues: Work has continued since the last update and we hope to have some more in depth updates for you in the next blog. This ongoing work has also led to preemptive fixes to help prevent similar issues from occurring in future MCC PC releases.
  • Stuttering : Our investigation has progressed and forked into two paths:
  • 3rd party software : We are working with partners to see if there are ways to improve how we handle some of the more problematic software between us, them, and EAC. Examples include keyboard lighting applications or other peripheral customizable option applications.
  • Uncapped framerate: Prototyping on a framerate limiter has shown some good initial results of stuttering going away once a cap is set to what your monitor supports.
  • Menu Performance: We are still attempting to investigate issues players have reported on this.
  • Screen Tearing/V=Sync: There have been some bugs fixes around this that will be in one of our upcoming patches and we will continue to address issues as they pop up.
  • Co-Op Latency: No updates on this one. There is no active development happening around improving/re-writing the legacy network code around this area of the game. Unfortunately, this would be a massive undertaking and just isn't within the realm of what the team can currently support.
  • EAC Error messages: As part of our investigation, we've enabled more verbose logging. We are continuing to monitor and improve where we can.
  • Key Bindings: Work is in progress to support rebinding both text chat and push to talk.
  • Mouse Input: We have seen a small percentage of players reporting this as an issue, please continue to submit support tickets if you experience input delay problems. This is an area of the game that we will continue to monitor and improve upon where we can.
  • View Model: As discussed in December's Development Update Blog, an initial implementation is in iterative development which will allow players to make changes to the view model along the X and Y axis (horizontal and vertical). This work is still in progress but will be flighted for feedback prior to release.
  • Crouch While Moving: We are planning on flighting this prior to release. Feedback/reception from the player base will determine its launch readiness post flight.
  • Idle Stops matchmaking: This is still on our list but nothing active on this one in January as we try to tackle higher priority issues
  • Aim Assist: This continues to remain high on our list and we are actively talking through solutions. Nothing to share in this update, but I hope to have some more to talk about in our February Update
  • Achievement Issues & Support Tickets: I've added this to our issues list because while it's not at the top of any list that is visible, problems with achievements have been one of the most reported issues through our customer support team. That team is continuing to work though these issues but due to the volume, this is going to take much more time for us to get through. The good news here – we are not ignoring these tickets. Our support agents are likely to ask you follow-up questions to help the investigation, please try your best to work with them and leave your frustration out of that conversation.
Note: this does not include all feedback topics as they number well over a hundred and this also doesn't include bugs (which are officially tracked via our Halo Support ticket submissions)
  • More non-DMR start options such as dedicated playlists and/or a toggle in match composer to disable/enable DMR/AR or AR/Pistol starts for Halo: Reach.
  • More options to pick and choose which game type and map are to be played in Matchmaking.
  • More choices in how XP is earned and alternative paths to unlock seasonal rewards including through Challenges, Campaign, and other non-matchmade play.
  • Keyboard and Mouse players feel at a disadvantage against players are using gamepads.
  • More Ranked Playlists.
  • Additional preview options for Spartans, rank, and additional player info.
  • Increase performance XP cap in game.
  • Option to manually select specific datacenter for matchmaking.
  • Allow all keys to be rebound and support for dual-binding actions.
  • Join in progress to replace quitters or a "Rejoin" option if a user disconnects mid-match.
  • Ability to crouch while moving and jumping.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
That Halo 2 pic of High Charity really brings up some old memories.

Pls come soon, Halo 2. I miss you :/

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
That Halo 2 pic of High Charity really brings up some old memories.

Pls come soon, Halo 2. I miss you :/
For PC H2A is where I feel MCC will start to hit its stride with H2 multiplayer as well as H2A multiplayer. I hold out hope that we get a Midship remake in H2A however slim the odds are.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
For PC H2A is where I feel MCC will start to hit its stride with H2 multiplayer as well as H2A multiplayer. I hold out hope that we get a Midship remake in H2A however slim the odds are.

I didn't play H2A since I don't have XB1, but I'll take your word for it

I'm interested to see how it plays once it comes to PC

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019
Glad they're working on a bunch of stuff that's not working or not working well. Massive disappointment there wasn't a single mention of local co-op for PC :(

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
And that's a huge bummer. Got some people I want to play with, but for various reasons can not or are not buying the game.
I can't imagine it's high on the list for fan demand, not saying there's not demand for it but compared to other things on the backlog (crossplay, console FoV), it's probably not requested enough with the time and resources they have.

VileZero

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Maryland/DC
Been doing my solo legendary run through Halo: Reach and... yeah, this has got to be my least favorite Halo game. Going back to the health packs from Halo: CE was not a good choice IMO. Legendary has been surprisingly forgiving thus far (I just reached Exodus last night), but it just feels like a grind. Also feel like the story was really an afterthought. Each level is a Pyrrhic victory, but there's no real emotion in the cutscenes so it all falls flat for me. Also, BR > DMR.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
A core game engine component that's highly sensitive to real time targets and needs to not break anything else in any of the other five games they support? Even for a large company with lots of resources that's going to take time.

This is probably a dumbass question.

Couldn't they just leave the original audio mix in place?

Terin

Oct 31, 2017

My understanding is Reach's audio relied a lot on a sound processing chip unique to the Xbox 360, so replicating it on PC/Xbox One exactly would require emulating that chip. And emulation is tough!

I imagine at this point, they'd just have to manually tweak the audio mix to get close to what it was before, which would be a pretty slow process.

Deleted member 55966

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 15, 2019

If it was simply an audio mix problem they could have fixed that in an update quickly after launch. The fact it's taken so long and is priority one on every update they put out means the manner in which Reach generates sound is fundamentally flawed for the current Xbox / PC. More than likely Bungie found a way to optimize the sound for the 360 hardware and that's not translating correctly to different hardware.

I really do feel for the team on this bug. I'd imagine they probably have to approach it like they're writing / porting an audio system from scratch.

Or they're making a bunch of spaghetti code to try and band-aid the problem