• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

starpower

The Fallen
Jan 23, 2018
Canada
  • Event Details
  • Duration: February 1-29
  • Requirements: Play MCC during the month of February
200e246183279853cc0a4b83e288c09703913251.jpg

• Event Details
  • Duration: February 5-18
  • Requirements: Complete at least 5 matches in the 'Winter Contingency' featured category of Social Matchmaking to earn the Focus Rifle nameplate and complete at least 15 matches to earn the Winter Contingency nameplate.
f66fdea683da48a56f158c383ef8e8e93e4a7203.jpg

• Event Details
  • Duration: February 12-18
  • Requirements: Complete 10 matchmade games in any Social or Ranked 2v2 playlist or Firefight Doubles which will be added on February 12th.
e2670b98489f52c6dc1c7ab3fce0d78d53cca2d6.jpg

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Those sure are some cool nameplates you get to see for 0.025 seconds before the game loads.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That Winter Contingency mode they just added to get the nameplates is fucking awful. lol
Yea I wasn't feeling freeze tag. I only tried one match and decided not to give it another go after that. I was more heartbroken that CE: Anniversary was removed. It was my favorite playlist in Reach and I thoroughly enjoyed it on MCC. I wish it was a permanent staple. The 3 shot pistol and the anniversary close range maps are all so much fun an beautiful. It has the best looking version of Creek :(

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
How often do 343 have Double Exp? I have a 4 day weekend coming up which would ease the grind to Mjonir armour somewhat

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
It is indeed universal, it just isn't noticed by everyone to the same degree. It's not a bug that is only present for some users, it's a fundamental issue with how the audio has been implemented and "ported" from the 360 version.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017
It is indeed universal, it just isn't noticed by everyone to the same degree. It's not a bug that is only present for some users, it's a fundamental issue with how the audio has been implemented and "ported" from the 360 version.
I use headphones plugged into the controller and I only play MP and I haven't noticed.

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Hopefully release isn't too far behind. I'm itching for more Halo badly. I even bought some of the books to get more Halo in my life while I wait.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in installing now! Looking forward to CEA on PC.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else have trouble with zoom on CEA? It's not working for me and I checked the key bindings.

HTupolev

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. They literally acknowledged that they rebuilt the audio system, and that it's not a 1:1 port.

Halo 3 MCC also sounds different from the original, although the results aren't as bad.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else have trouble with zoom on CEA? It's not working for me and I checked the key bindings.

I encountered the same issue, including after re-binding mouse 2 for zoom to confirm the input is being "seen" correctly. Some of these issues I understand why they'd be working through them in the test flights, but the underlying inputs not being functional makes this round feel weird. The problem is reproducible, based on two different computer builds I ran it on.

I reported it through their Zendesk ticketing, but I'm still scratching my head that it's present. My guess is it's related to the known issue about not being able to have more than one function tied to a key, and they have vehicle function 1 bound to mouse 2 by default.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Soooo any news about fixing the sound on PC? I haven't played since near launch because I'm waiting for the sound to not be horrible

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Yep. They literally acknowledged that they rebuilt the audio system, and that it's not a 1:1 port.

Halo 3 MCC also sounds different from the original, although the results aren't as bad.
I am just hoping that they really do fix it and make it as is. I still have not beat the game on PC because i want to hear it as it "originally" sounded as much as possible.

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That audio issue must be an absolutely massive challenge for 343, insane how long it's taking them to figure out a possible way to fix it. They should ask for help from some other company.