• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ProLogY

Banned
May 19, 2018
Any word on mouse & keyboard support on Xbox since this is coming to PC anway? I suspect not.. Just makes me sad that I have this fancy Razer M&K connected to my Xbox with super limited options. :(

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Probably shouldn't have repeatedly said April, in the middle of April. Missing a date given 6 months out is totally understandable, missing within the month inspires zero confidence.

I have no issue with devs taking their time, everyone should work half as hard and take twice as long, but there's an art to managing community expectation.

Here's how not to do it:
"It's this month!"​
"It's still totally this month!"​
"It's probably this month!"​
"Oops, it's the end of the month and it's not this month and we have no new date!"​

Just say soon, then give a date when you know a date 100%

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I havent played Halo in 9 years, I can live with these small delays if it means i can get my PC Halo

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The "Pro Team" at 343 - a group of former pro players assembled to help focus on the competitive design/balance/experience for Halo Infinite - has been chipping in and spending a lot of time playing MCC on PC.

Less than thrilled about this given I'm pretty sure the "Pro Team" is the reason Halo 5 launched with quite possibly the worst aiming I've ever experienced in a console shooter lol

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Probably shouldn't have repeatedly said April, in the middle of April. Missing a date given 6 months out is totally understandable, missing within the month inspires zero confidence.

I have no issue with devs taking their time, everyone should work half as hard and take twice as long, but there's an art to managing community expectation.

Here's how not to do it:
"It's this month!"​
"Oops, it's the end of the month and it's not this month and we have no new date!"​

Like Brian said, they're trying to be as transparent as possible and part of that means they might hit some roadblocks they weren't anticipating.

I prefer they keep this level of communication up even if it means disappointing us because their timeline slips a little

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Other then the game being pretty bug free not really. They still as they said have to iron out controls. But it's pretty much done.
Ah so they are planning on a quick Flight to Launch schedule then? Nice. Any idea how far CEA is along? Iirc it was being done at the same time as Reach.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they do centred crosshairs for PC its kinda needed for it to not feel weird.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Well, looks like that plan didn't pan out.

Here's how not to do it:
"It's this month!"​

I don't get why they would act so confident about the flights coming out this month. They've been so shaky with giving any details about what features these new versions will have, they never came off as confident enough to have any set timeframe for a beta test.
So why is the Xbox one delayed exactly? All I see are PC reasons.
They probably want to avoid a Street Fighter V situation of one platform barely getting any public beta testing before release, which would be very bad when they want to show that PC is their primary focus for once.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Less than thrilled about this given I'm pretty sure the "Pro Team" is the reason Halo 5 launched with quite possibly the worst aiming I've ever experienced in a console shooter lol

I agree that Halo 5's aiming system was one of the worst and weirdest in any FPS game, but you can't seriously think that this was the fault of the Pro Team. They are not your typical developers and they are not coding any of these features. Either way... 343i rebuild the Pro Team, because a couple of them left 343i and they decided to hire oter fromer pro players. Halo: MCC has also received a "modern aiming" feature that is one of the best things that ever happened to the aiming system in Halo games. Here is a pretty good video that showcases this:

I'm not really worried about the aiming and even if problems occur with it... That's why the flighting program exists and people will leave their feedback.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
As excited as I am for this, I feel like they probably should've held off announcing until there was a concrete schedule. Stuff like this kinda kills the hype

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As excited as I am for this, I feel like they probably should've held off announcing until there was a concrete schedule. Stuff like this kinda kills the hype
I disagree, part of the flighting process is having the necessary number of players signed up so that the testing actually garners results. Without the announcement that would not be possible at this stage.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get why they would act so confident about the flights coming out this month. They've been so shaky with giving any details about what features these new versions will have, they never came off as confident enough to have any set timeframe for a beta test

Issues in development can ppop up at random or hurdles can take longer than expected. It wouldn't be too surprising if things were looking good when they were giving those updates but issues surfaced later and they couldn't iron them out in time. I much rather they keep with this level of transparency and not stop because some gamers take development updates as full on commitments (not talking about you BTW).

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
I disagree, part of the flighting process is having the necessary number of players signed up so that the testing actually garners results. Without the announcement that would not be possible at this stage.

As others pointed out, they shouldn't have repeatedly said April for the flight unless they were sure. The flight system is good, but managing expectations is also good

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As others pointed out, they shouldn't have repeatedly said April for the flight unless they were sure. The flight system is good, but managing expectations is also good
They set proper expectations by clearly stating it could miss April. The reason why they even said it could start this month is because people alot of fans were begging for a launch window for flighting.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
I agree that Halo 5's aiming system was one of the worst and weirdest in any FPS game, but you can't seriously think that this was the fault of the Pro Team. They are not your typical developers and they are not coding any of these features. Either way... 343i rebuild the Pro Team, because a couple of them left 343i and they decided to hire oter fromer pro players. Halo: MCC has also received a "modern aiming" feature that is one of the best things that ever happened to the aiming system in Halo games. Here is a pretty good video that showcases this:

I'm not really worried about the aiming and even if problems occur with it... That's why the flighting program exists and people will leave their feedback.

Pro team are former Pro players? Which would mean console players. Why don't they have someone from a PC background working on PC controls. In before we end up with garbage accel, decel, input lag etc. Additionally I bet we'll see shitty view model locations because they dont get changing fov will cause it to be a problem.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
really do hope that because the games are nearly 9+ years old that it will run easily on older machines.

Will easily grab if i can run 1080/60FPS on a gtx 670 and i5.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
Pro team are former Pro players? Which would mean console players. Why don't they have someone from a PC background working on PC controls. In before we end up with garbage accel, decel, input lag etc. Additionally I bet we'll see shitty view model locations because they dont get changing fov will cause it to be a problem.
That's the spirit!

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
They set proper expectations by clearly stating it could miss April. The reason why they even said it could start this month is because people alot of fans were begging for a launch window for flighting.

Yeah, it always came across to me as if it may happen in April if all goes as planned, but May always seemed likelier.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Ske7ch it's saying June is still what he's hearing, so if emails don't go out today, next week they should.

The SteamDB entry and all the depos are being updated A LOT today

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia

holy shit lmfao

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017

Most Pro Halo players migrated to games where there Is a pro scene. I would be surprised if any of them are not familiar with playing with M&K

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
For the people that are still worried about it not feeling like a PC game:

"Mouse control is precise and pixel-perfect with no acceleration or stick virtualization. There's no option to change settings during gameplay yet, so I didn't get to tinker with options as much as I would've liked, but things look sharp and natural at 4K resolution and 60 fps, even with the FOV topped out at 90."