Halo: The Master Chief Collection announced for PC (Steam/Microsoft Store) - Staggered release, Reach first

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
All this talk about Reach sucking is killing my buzz. Is it really that bad, or is it like Dark Souls 2 where it's still really good despite that?

Again, they planned for the announcement to be on the 17th, and the Inside Xbox announcement was done at the last minute to say the important stuff, mainly that it exist, is coming to Steam, and is being taken seriously. They likely have several big reveals yet to come.
Saying it's out that day could always be one of them. Honestly, it's what I'm expecting if they've been working in it for so long now.

I haven't heard of any Steam games doing something similar except for Mortal Kombat 10, which handled it poorly.
I loved H3 and I loved Reach. The additional weapons were fun as fuck to play with, especially the nade launcher, and the maps were good fun (PowerHouse forever). My only real gripe is that all the original multiplayer maps were based on campaign levels - not that they were bad, just that they weren’t as out of this world as some H3 maps were.

Bits N Pieces

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I reckon Halo 4 drops about three months before Infinite which would probably be around E3 next year. Start with Reach this summer and you're probably talking a year between releases.

If they are smart that's what they should do, and I know 343i are clever cookies.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Reach multiplayer was poop from a butt, but I'll still probably give it a try when it comes out just to reminisce about what a dark time for Halo that was. The two things that I did not hate in Reach multiplayer were the Guass Hog and the Pro Pipe. Best Halo gun ever. Period.

343 did work to make it more enjoyable towards the end, so if it launches like that I could put a couple hours into it I think.

Woorloog

Oct 25, 2017
I loved H3 and I loved Reach. The additional weapons were fun as fuck to play with, especially the nade launcher, and the maps were good fun (PowerHouse forever). My only real gripe is that all the original multiplayer maps were based on campaign levels - not that they were bad, just that they weren’t as out of this world as some H3 maps were.
Technically the MP maps were designed for MP, then used in campaign maps (and presumably got their looks at this point), except for Boneyard which is lifted directly from campaign.

Zonal Hertz

Jun 13, 2018
Well this is probably TU Reach, so if they removed bloom and nerfed the AAs, we should be okay. Bloom made battles too random was the biggest issue.
So by the time the TU update came out all I played was mlg playlist. Which was no bloom no sprint. Did the TU also change default bloom on the DMR? Is there any comparison video? I don’t remember the normal DMR being fixed.

Woorloog

Oct 25, 2017
So by the time the TU update came out all I played was mlg playlist. Which was no bloom no sprint. Did the TU also change default bloom on the DMR? Is there any comparison video? I don’t remember the normal DMR being fixed.
TU added ability for Bungie and 343i to tweak weapon bloom. As such there were vanilla lists, "TU" lists with 85% bloom, and few zero-bloom lists. Campaign was untouched.

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
How was Halo 4? It's the only one I didn't play in that line up.
Personally I don’t think the sp was “great” just ok. It definitely feels like a game from the “compete with COD” era, and the Prometheans are pretty lame to fight and their weapons feel really weak and unsatisfying. The levels where you fight the covenenant are fun though. I would say it’s the weakest campaign in the package but still worth playing if you like halo.

Nov 8, 2017
How was Halo 4? It's the only one I didn't play in that line up.
Best story, incredible visual, good gameplay, mediocre level design, awful COD clone multi (before the legendary update).
Worth playing just for the character development, which was completely and sadly ruined in 5.
I wish Infinite can combine the best world of 4 and 5, 343 has showed they can do well in all aspect, just not in the same game so far.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
The (object) motion blur should be good with 60FPS though as it was tied to FPS, wasn't it? Unless they mean the TAA, ofc.

BTW, one question for MCC owners? Does the collection has language voice/text options so you can put the games in the language you want?

I'm OK with the spanish dub but i would like to listen Ron Perlman and Keith David without setting the whole game in english.

wwm0nkey

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BTW, one question for MCC owners? Does the collection has language voice/text options so you can put the games in the language you want?

I'm OK with the spanish dub but i would like to listen Ron Perlman and Keith David without setting the whole game in english.
Yes, you can download whichever language track you want and un-install the ones you dont

Xwing

Nov 11, 2017
Best story, incredible visual, good gameplay, mediocre level design, awful COD clone multi (before the legendary update).
Worth playing just for the character development, which was completely and sadly ruined in 5.
I wish Infinite can combine the best world of 4 and 5, 343 has showed they can do well in all aspect, just not in the same game so far.
This is the best summation of my feelings about the 343 games I've seen in this thread. 343 has proven to me that they're passionate about the series, care deeply about it, and are capable of doing great things, but they just need to pull everything off at one time in one game with a good writer.

I'm particularly happy that you made the distinction that Halo 4's campaign had good core gameplay but mediocre level design. A lot of people write off the gameplay in 4 altogether, but it's really really fun during specific set pieces.

Akronis

Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
They will probably gather bugs & glitches again, so these should definitely be submitted. Hope they see them, though.

60, but not uncapped. Not a good sign.

Hopefully it's just as easy to unlock the framerate as it is in Halo Forge.

EDIT: didn't realize tweet was for xbox version oops

wwm0nkey

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
60, but not uncapped. Not a good sign.

Hopefully it's just as easy to unlock the framerate as it is in Halo Forge.
A LOT of older Halo logic was tied to FPS, some events would straight up not fire at 60 which is why you had weird issues in Halo 2 Vista and MCC H2 where elites would not dual wield. Decoupling all that logic from FPS might be a massive pain in the ass but we don't know yet.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
I reckon Halo 4 drops about three months before Infinite which would probably be around E3 next year. Start with Reach this summer and you're probably talking a year between releases.

If they are smart that's what they should do, and I know 343i are clever cookies.
what they should actually do is end MCC with Halo 5 being added 4-5 months before the release of Infinite so not only is the full package on console but also on PC and both platforms are ready to go for the next chapter in the saga the moment it drops.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
There is a possibility tho the pc version is gonna be locked to 60 also. Depends on the engine limitations.
Yeah, not sure what they actually mean with adjustable framerate here:

"We are laying the groundwork for PC native features such as excellent mouse and keyboard controls, support for multiple resolutions and aspect ratios, field-of-view sliders, and adjustable framerates, to name but a few. And yes, there will be support for Xbox gamepads and other PC controllers." -Source

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
Invasion on Spire was peak Halo btb and nobody can argue against that. However, Extraction from Halo 4 was a lot of fun, a shame that a lot of people don't really remember it. It played excellently on the DLC maps, like Shatter.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I really just want CE. Having 3 and reach would be good too. Actually, I'd buy ODST, too lol. Yah im in. Classic games!