• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping the news is either incredibly intricate and detailed, or it's just them saying it's out right then.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I've only played the first game so the rest is brand new to me. Looking forward to it.

Razor Mom

Jan 2, 2018
United Kingdom
Did they suggest anything about when the staggering will be over? I really hope this isn't a situation where we're waiting till next year for the collection to be complete...

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm new to this thread so I could have missed it .... has there been any footage of REACH released?
Nope. The only thing we've seen is a non-direct feed photo of the game running windowed on PC. Hopefully we'll see footage of it tomorrow.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
So realistically speaking, what kind of news are we expecting tomorrow? Release date for Reach (and maybe a rough timeline for the PC version's games)? A trailer for Reach? A stealth drop of Reach?

I think saw something on /r/Halo about a Q&A, so I'm not really expecting a release, though I'd be thrilled if it happened. Just wondering what everyone else is thinking.

Oct 25, 2017
So realistically speaking, what kind of news are we expecting tomorrow? Release date for Reach (and maybe a rough timeline for the PC version's games)? A trailer for Reach? A stealth drop of Reach?

I think saw something on /r/Halo about a Q&A, so I'm not really expecting a release, though I'd be thrilled if it happened. Just wondering what everyone else is thinking.

Honestly, I would just guess an announcement about how and when the Reach beta will start.
My guess is mid-April, maybe.
I'd love for it to be in the next two weeks, but I doubt it.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

I'm expecting a Xbox One release of Reach and a PC Insider date

papertowel

Nov 6, 2017
Does the MCC have a file sharing system like 3 and Reach did? Some of the most fun I had in those games was playing crazy custom games that people created. I need to show my PC buddies how crazy it can get.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Does the MCC have a file sharing system like 3 and Reach did? Some of the most fun I had in those games was playing crazy custom games that people created. I need to show my PC buddies how crazy it can get.
Yup, you can share custom games and maps like back in the day. They're also adding a custom games server browser at some point.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry PC gamers, that you have to suffer through Reach before you get to the good stuff.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
Reach is actually a good starting point for me since I've played the original trilogy multiple times already and Reach howevery only once. I don't really remember anything from its campaign.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reach is actually a good starting point for me since I've played the original trilogy multiple times already and Reach howevery only once. I don't really remember anything from its campaign.

I have only finished Halo: CE. Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, ODST and Reach campaigns will all be new to me when this drops. Only ever fucked w MP. I can't wait.

sora bora

Oct 27, 2017

Same here, although I have Reach on my XB1 via backwards compat. I guess I'll hold off on playing it if the MCC version has upgraded visuals.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Reach is actually my 2nd fav Halo game.

Halo 1 > Reach > Halo 3 > Halo 2 > ODST > Halo 4 > couldn't bring myself to finish 5...

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
It really is. Not only the main event, but also the BTB and Snip3down vs. Lethul showcase matches were incredibly funny. Great event.
Snip3down's sniping skills make me feel tiny, lol. Guy's really good.

I missed the BTB game, but I heard it was pretty good.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Any reasonable expectations of price for Reach?
Well, the multiplayer and Forge are going to be free for everyone. ODST is $6 USD for just the campaign iirc, so since the paid content for Reach is the campaign and Firefight, I'd guess it'll be about $10.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all should give the HCS a watch, regardless of the news. Some really good players on there. Makes for a fun watch.
Other than Overwatch, Halo was the only MP game I ever played with any regularity, and after watching OWL since it started, it's a bit surreal going back to this game I haven't played in years and seeing it played on a pro level.

Out of curiosity, why are they playing Halo 3? Is it like a throw back thing or is Halo 4 and 5 not pro ready?

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Other than Overwatch, Halo was the only MP game I ever played with any regularity, and after watching OWL since it started, it's a bit surreal going back to this game I haven't played in years and seeing it played on a pro level.

Out of curiosity, why are they playing Halo 3? Is it like a throw back thing or is Halo 4 and 5 not MP ready?
They played 2, 3, and 5 yesterday. They go through pretty much the whole series.

papertowel

Nov 6, 2017

Out of curiosity, why are they playing Halo 3? Is it like a throw back thing or is Halo 4 and 5 not MP ready?
Pro players don't touch Halo Reach, or 4. Its pretty much the just the original 3. I don't know enough about Halo 5 to know if there's an esports crowd for it.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Snip3down's sniping skills make me feel tiny, lol. Guy's really good.

I missed the BTB game, but I heard it was pretty good.

Same here. Halo 3 sniping is awesome. Pretty hard to master (for me), but so satisfying if you actually hit something.

Also, you should watch the BTB matches. Some great and funny moments in there, especially the banter.

Again, they were planning to reveal everything today, before the leaks came out.

Doesn't make any difference.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
No surprise release today and sounds like they will have flighting (unless I'm reading this wrong):