• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
e901435ef0f84443c0a2636052cab203.png

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
5cb844908e9565331ac22ee743cc40a3.png

Achievements are shared yessss. I'm compelled to 100% every Halo I play so this is big news for me. I only have LASO and 4 player co-op left to do in MCC.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm really impressed with the level of transparency 343 has shown over the past 2 years. In the first couple of years of their development of the Halo franchise they were not transparent at all and it felt like they didn't communicate with the community very well. It feels as though they have had an organizational restructure and approach to development and community interaction and it's great to see.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
How will achievements like the 4 player split-screen one work on PC, though? Or are they going to change that one, so that it has an alternative unlock criteria?

I've been waiting for this shit for years. Watching all this like a damn hawk lol

Tell me about it. Glad it's actually happening.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
I know it is silly but I sent a request to know if a version of Firefight could be done for all version of Halo in MCC.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I asked about future Xbox stuff regarding Steam and input options regarding Steam Controllers and Dualshocks.

The transparency is refreshing, here.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
So with forge maps syncing, console players are going to have to make some maps for the PC players until we get to Halo 3 lol

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I know it is silly but I sent a request to know if a version of Firefight could be done for all version of Halo in MCC.

Do you mean like having Halo: CE, 2, 3 and 4 Firefight? That's something that could happen with mod support, but I kinda doubt that 343i will have ressources to work on this.

Hopefully he'll answer the question we're all dying to know.

*Pushes up nerd glasses* If these are releasing in chronological order, THEN WHY IS 3 RELEASING BEFORE ODST?!

Because they need more time to add ODST. Believe.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Darn, I was kinda hoping you could buy the entire collection outright at the beginning and just get the games as they come.

Because I'm going to assume that buying them a la carte will be more expensive.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
This is weird, it's essentially Play Anywhere except you have to pay twice.

I think Ori and the Blind Forest and Quantum Break were like that as well. There have been a few others.

Considering Killer Instinct came out in 2013 and became Play Anywhere in 2016, I don't see why MCC can't do it.
Yeah these are the play anywhere features I wanted besides not paying twice. It's essentially play anywhere so now I'm confused why the only technicality is paying twice lol.

In one of ske7ch's answers, he said Reach Forge and Theater will be coming later, around the same time as Halo 3 and 4's Forge and Theater.

For PC, m0nkey is assuming it'll be there earlier on console since it doesn't need m/kb support.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

I think Ori and the Blind Forest and Quantum Break were like that as well. There have been a few others.

Considering Killer Instinct came out in 2013 and became Play Anywhere in 2016, I don't see why MCC can't do it.
Quantum Break wasnt play anywhere really. They at the end gave QB owners a PC code.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

KI Definitive Edition, which released in 2016, is Play Anywhere.

This seems like it's a weird circumstance where this isn't a new release for Xbox One so it won't fall under the Play Anywhere umbrella.

Johnson

Jan 8, 2018
For PC, m0nkey is assuming it'll be there earlier on console since it doesn't need m/kb support.
I think m0nkey was saying console players can make Halo 3 maps for PC Reach players, so that the wait for Halo 3 is easier ... but Reach/3/4 Forge are all coming at the same time, later on. I suppose custom games on Forge maps might be possible at launch, yeah.

Quantum Break wasnt play anywhere really. They at the end gave QB owners a PC code.
Yeah that's what I said, that it wasn't Play Anywhere. It was cross-save but you had to buy it twice.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
I don't quite get this. Do consoles have special hardware for splitscreen or something? I know it's been a trend to remove splitscreen options from PC releases, not suggesting they will for this of course.

No it's always controls that screws everything up for PC

They don't have a great standard for multiple people on one PC and it has been an ongoing issue since the dawn of PC gaming

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
Well, if there is eventually mod support (which it seems like there could be post launch) someone might just make those modes themselves
Do you mean like having Halo: CE, 2, 3 and 4 Firefight? That's something that could happen with mod support, but I kinda doubt that 343i will have ressources to work on this.
I guess modders would have more free time to do that compared to 343, especially if they are looking into mod support. It would be cool to see what modders can do.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
No it's always controls that screws everything up for PC

They don't have a great standard for multiple people on one PC and it has been an ongoing issue since the dawn of PC gaming
Huh?
Implementing split screen on PC for multiple controllers is the exact same thing as implementing split screen on console for multiple controllers.

No one expects multiple mouse/kb support for split screen.

Johnson

Jan 8, 2018
KI Definitive Edition, which released in 2016, is Play Anywhere.

This seems like it's a weird circumstance where this isn't a new release for Xbox One so it won't fall under the Play Anywhere umbrella.
But it wasn't just the Definitive Edition that was Play Anywhere, all the existing stuff became PA too.

I think probably it's just hassle they'd rather not deal with, and giving everyone a Steam code would be easier.