• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
4k/60 Reach with no motion blur is gonna look fucking good. Wish they gave us some screens/video

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt that they will add the Halo: Reach system, but they did mention that they were exploring deeper Armor customization and also EXP systems, so these could actually be added down the road. They probably follow the current model in the MCC, where you choose from presets for each game in the collection, because MCC (right now) doesn't support individual armor customization.

Here is a video on how it currently works in the MCC for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I4lozmVmQs

wait...as far as I can tell, you are only allowed to select your armor in those games...but I mean, the entire armor.

In halo 3, you could mix and match different parts, and I know you could do that in Halo 4. Has that changed in MCC?

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
From those that purchased the MCC, can you explain to me how does multiplayer work.

Is there one central multiplayer for the entire collection or does each game have its own multiplayer ?

Knugen

Avenger
Nov 30, 2017
Sweden

No motion blur?
giphy.gif

Remove the film grain as well please!

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wait...as far as I can tell, you are only allowed to select your armor in those games...but I mean, the entire armor.

In halo 3, you could mix and match different parts, and I know you could do that in Halo 4. Has that changed in MCC?
Yeah, you can only have armor sets for whatever reason. Pretty baffling.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, you can only have armor sets for whatever reason. Pretty baffling.
Can....can they fix that?

It's not as big a deal in Halo 3 as I could never tell what armor someone was wearing aside from the helmet anyway, but armor customization is a much bigger part of Halo Reach since it changed your character model in cutscenes. Being able to mix and match there is more important than anywhere else.

Deleted member 4260

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's not as big a deal in Halo 3 as I could never tell what armor someone was wearing aside from the helmet anyway, but armor customization is a much bigger part of Halo Reach since it changed your character model in cutscenes. Being able to mix and match there is more important than anywhere else.
They've talked about adding it, but no one really knows at this point. I don't get it either.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I think my memories of the motion blur may be a bit skewed too favorably, and if I replayed the game I'd remember taking issue with a lot of it.

That said - I do know I liked some of the ways it applied in combat/action scenes during gameplay.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
From those that purchased the MCC, can you explain to me how does multiplayer work.

Is there one central multiplayer for the entire collection or does each game have its own multiplayer ?

There is a "multiplayer" section of the game that is just like the multiplayer of any game. In that section, there is a social and ranked section as well. In the social section, there are different "playlists" to choose from. 2v2, 4v4, objective, 8v8 etc. From there you can choose any game to play, and choose what game types you will play. It is really customizable so you basically play exactly what you want. In the ranked section, there are specific playlists that you can't customize. So if you play the ranked hardcore Halo 3 playlist, it's a 4v4 of MLG settings.

To sum it up

Social is extremely customizable and you search exactly for what gametype, player count, and game you want. In ranked, it is standard playlists with each game having its own dedicated playlist.

Seppala

Oct 27, 2017

I really hope they have the full customisation from Reach and just not armor sets. I loved they way you could make your spartan look.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017

Both, there's individual playlists underneath a match composer, with the match composer you can select which games and gametypes you want to play and it will match you accordingly.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017

Yes. Like I said in the previous post, you pick from preset armor sets in MCC and there is absolutely no mix and match customization.

Matchmaking looks like this:

• Ranked
    • A variety of fan favourite playlists with rotating Games and Gametypes
  • Social
    • Here you just use the Match Composer that looks like this:
      DtByB9yU8AEvlDQ.jpg

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
They could fix armor customization in a sense. But since the MCC slices all the games up, it's no longer in engine when you're changing the armor so there isn't a way to show you what your Spartan looks like without making a sort of complex solution. Like making an image of every possible permutation in reach would be Overkill... So they need a way to generate the images without being in game.

All colours, all pieces, everything.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly wish they just waited a few years for the ten year anniversary of Reach to give it the H2 anniversary treatment, I love the game, and it being on PC is kinda insane, but damn if Reach isn't the Halo that I want that treatment with the most.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
bM-RyeY4iIARGX2APHsh_q2SVXM-sPUVJHoD3kfNgCc.png

The PC announcement is the absolute top post of r/Halo, even higher than the announcement for Infinite. Damn, people really were waiting for this.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly wish they just waited a few years for the ten year anniversary of Reach to give it the H2 anniversary treatment, I love the game, and it being on PC is kinda insane, but damn if Reach isn't the Halo that I want that treatment with the most.

Just getting rid of the ghosting and upping it to 4K will probably give it a similar overhaul. Let alone running at 60fps.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
Probably will have access to this on the Windows Store but will double-dip for Steam, this is insane.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
They could fix armor customization in a sense. But since the MCC slices all the games up, it's no longer in engine when you're changing the armor so there isn't a way to show you what your Spartan looks like without making a sort of complex solution. Like making an image of every possible permutation in reach would be Overkill... So they need a way to generate the images without being in game.

All colours, all pieces, everything.
Well...I hope they find a simpler way to do it, but if that's what it takes...

I need my spartan to look fabulous, 343i. Let me make it happen.

Deleted member 16849

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Considering ODST was cheap i don't expect Reach to be super ridiculous in terms of price. I am willing to go up to $30.

Speaking of ODST would be great if they added Firefight to that game too.

mreastman

Prophet of Truth
Jan 2, 2018
Something tells me we wont get a Reach release date Sunday but just more features explained.

CurrY

Nov 26, 2017
I have a physical copy of MCC so ill have to rebuy but ill gladly do it if it works this time around.

Silencio

Oct 25, 2017
Here's my non-educated, overly optimistic speculation that is definitely 100% going to happen:

Halo 5 is a ways off but needs to be out before Infinite, will release at the start of next year. The rest of the games therefore need to be out even earlier.
Reach gets shadow-dropped on Sunday - that's clearly why they're holding out on release details until then.
As soon as the announcement goes live, a bunch of big streamers will have the game already and will be streaming right away.
MCC games will then be released between now and the end of the year, one every couple of months.
Trump gets impeached. Brexit gets cancelled. The world in general decides to chill the fuck out, stop all the bullshit, and relax with some Halo. Guaranteed.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona

Halo 3 never got the anniversary treatment either. To be honest though, I don't really think Reach needs it. A resolution boost and jump to 60fps will do wonders for that game. It was always a gorgeous and impressive looking game, it's just held back by its sub-720p resolution and frame rate in the 20s.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Here's my non-educated, overly optimistic speculation that is definitely 100% going to happen:

Halo 5 is a ways off but needs to be out before Infinite, will release at the start of next year. The rest of the games therefore need to be out even earlier.
Reach gets shadow-dropped on Sunday - that's clearly why they're holding out on release details until then.
As soon as the announcement goes live, a bunch of big streamers will have the game already and will be streaming right away.
MCC games will then be released between now and the end of the year, one every couple of months.
Trump gets impeached. Brexit gets cancelled. The world in general decides to chill the fuck out, stop all the bullshit, and relax with some Halo. Guaranteed.
I love everything I'm reading here. Hopefully at least the first part comes to fruition!

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Wow, how did I miss this story? Pretty incredible; I would've never expected MS to put this on Steam. I guess the pivot to Xbox as a service (with optional dedicated hardware) is real.

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
Reach single player will be a nice distraction until Halo 3 multiplayer

That's what we're all thinking

I_D

Oct 27, 2017
Never played the MCC before, so pardon my ignorance.

How are the physics, vehicle destruction, etc. on Halo: CE? Is it the same game, or did they "upgrade" it?
If it's the original game, I'm all about some multiplayer when it releases.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017

I hope you're right about every single part of this, but especially the bolded.

Never played the MCC before, so pardon my ignorance.

How are the physics, vehicle destruction, etc. on Halo: CE? Is it the same game, or did they "upgrade" it?
If it's the original game, I'm all about some multiplayer when it releases.
It's almost exactly identical to the original game. They added the optional redone visuals and soundtrack, but they run on top of what is basically a port of the Windows version of the original game. Ditto for Halo 2 Anniversary, which is based on Halo 2 Vista.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I hope you're right about every single part of this, but especially the bolded.

It's almost exactly identical to the original game. They added the optional redone visuals and soundtrack, but they run on top of what is basically a port of the Windows version of the original game. Ditto for Halo 2 Anniversary, which is based on Halo 2 Vista.
For Halo 2 Anniversary weren't there 2 engines?