• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shinjica

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yup and it seems to have been in the works for even longer than that. Would not be shocked if every game was in a playable state right now, just work on PC centric features are needed and to be tested.

I believe is more a marketing strategy instead of feature testing

Release 1 game every X times means keeping people hooked for a long time

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Yup and it seems to have been in the works for even longer than that. Would not be shocked if every game was in a playable state right now, just work on PC centric features are needed and to be tested.

You know what makes a lot of sense, Reach in May, CE in June, 2 in July, 3/ODST in August, 4 in September. That's 5 months of Game Pass.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
You know what makes a lot of sense, Reach in May, CE in June, 2 in July, 3/ODST in August, 4 in September. That's 5 months of Game Pass.
I think Reach might do April or May, Reach will also be a test for the Match Making and possibly cross-platform play, so it might need that extra month as a buffer, other than that. Yeah it lines up with what I see happening.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
In the meantime HCS has started with MCC. 2vs2 final now. 4vs4 later.

Last edited:

Raspyberry

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All this talk about Reach sucking is killing my buzz. Is it really that bad, or is it like Dark Souls 2 where it's still really good despite that?

Again, they planned for the announcement to be on the 17th, and the Inside Xbox announcement was done at the last minute to say the important stuff, mainly that it exist, is coming to Steam, and is being taken seriously. They likely have several big reveals yet to come.
Saying it's out that day could always be one of them. Honestly, it's what I'm expecting if they've been working in it for so long now.

I haven't heard of any Steam games doing something similar except for Mortal Kombat 10, which handled it poorly.
Reach was awesome, don't let the haters kill it for you. It was easily up there with 3 for me.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
My optimism of getting to play on pc anytime soon has been shot. The popup message on xbox for reach on that says 'later this year'. Unless they plan on dropping it on pc sooner for testing (which I think would cause a shit storm for xbox community). So I'm now coming into Sunday a lot less optimistic.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I still maintain that Reach's Invasion is the most fun competitive game mode ever put in a Halo game. Warzone was kind of similar but the REQ system threw a massive unbalanced wrench into the fun. Hoping for some kind of good take on Invasion in Halo:Infinite.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
All this talk about Reach sucking is killing my buzz. Is it really that bad, or is it like Dark Souls 2 where it's still really good despite that?
Bruh, you're talking to a community that will have endless conversations about how addition of sprint and clamber ruined Halo beyond repair.
So how bad do you really think Reach is?

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't play much Reach MP as I prefered the one in Halo 3, but it got IMO the best campaign of the serie. I hope they deliver on this port.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Bruh, you're talking to a community that will have endless conversations about how addition of sprint and clamber ruined Halo beyond repair.
So how bad do you really think Reach is?
Well this is probably TU Reach, so if they removed bloom and nerfed the AAs, we should be okay. Bloom made battles too random was the biggest issue.

Ryouji Gunblade

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
California
I still maintain that Reach's Invasion is the most fun competitive game mode ever put in a Halo game. Warzone was kind of similar but the REQ system threw a massive unbalanced wrench into the fun. Hoping for some kind of good take on Invasion in Halo:Infinite.
Invasion was the finest mode ever implemented in Halo. However I'd take Dominion over Invasion Slayer and maybe both of those over vanilla Warzone. Warzone Assault was good.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

Again, they planned for the announcement to be on the 17th, and the Inside Xbox announcement was done at the last minute to say the important stuff, mainly that it exist, is coming to Steam, and is being taken seriously. They likely have several big reveals yet to come.
Saying it's out that day could always be one of them. Honestly, it's what I'm expecting if they've been working in it for so long now.

I haven't heard of any Steam games doing something similar except for Mortal Kombat 10, which handled it poorly.

I loved H3 and I loved Reach. The additional weapons were fun as fuck to play with, especially the nade launcher, and the maps were good fun (PowerHouse forever). My only real gripe is that all the original multiplayer maps were based on campaign levels - not that they were bad, just that they weren't as out of this world as some H3 maps were.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I reckon Halo 4 drops about three months before Infinite which would probably be around E3 next year. Start with Reach this summer and you're probably talking a year between releases.

If they are smart that's what they should do, and I know 343i are clever cookies.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Reach multiplayer was poop from a butt, but I'll still probably give it a try when it comes out just to reminisce about what a dark time for Halo that was. The two things that I did not hate in Reach multiplayer were the Guass Hog and the Pro Pipe. Best Halo gun ever. Period.

343 did work to make it more enjoyable towards the end, so if it launches like that I could put a couple hours into it I think.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I loved H3 and I loved Reach. The additional weapons were fun as fuck to play with, especially the nade launcher, and the maps were good fun (PowerHouse forever). My only real gripe is that all the original multiplayer maps were based on campaign levels - not that they were bad, just that they weren't as out of this world as some H3 maps were.
Technically the MP maps were designed for MP, then used in campaign maps (and presumably got their looks at this point), except for Boneyard which is lifted directly from campaign.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
Well this is probably TU Reach, so if they removed bloom and nerfed the AAs, we should be okay. Bloom made battles too random was the biggest issue.

So by the time the TU update came out all I played was mlg playlist. Which was no bloom no sprint. Did the TU also change default bloom on the DMR? Is there any comparison video? I don't remember the normal DMR being fixed.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So by the time the TU update came out all I played was mlg playlist. Which was no bloom no sprint. Did the TU also change default bloom on the DMR? Is there any comparison video? I don't remember the normal DMR being fixed.
TU added ability for Bungie and 343i to tweak weapon bloom. As such there were vanilla lists, "TU" lists with 85% bloom, and few zero-bloom lists. Campaign was untouched.

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
How was Halo 4? It's the only one I didn't play in that line up.
Personally I don't think the sp was "great" just ok. It definitely feels like a game from the "compete with COD" era, and the Prometheans are pretty lame to fight and their weapons feel really weak and unsatisfying. The levels where you fight the covenenant are fun though. I would say it's the weakest campaign in the package but still worth playing if you like halo.

Nov 8, 2017
How was Halo 4? It's the only one I didn't play in that line up.

Best story, incredible visual, good gameplay, mediocre level design, awful COD clone multi (before the legendary update).
Worth playing just for the character development, which was completely and sadly ruined in 5.
I wish Infinite can combine the best world of 4 and 5, 343 has showed they can do well in all aspect, just not in the same game so far.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
The (object) motion blur should be good with 60FPS though as it was tied to FPS, wasn't it? Unless they mean the TAA, ofc.

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
BTW, one question for MCC owners? Does the collection has language voice/text options so you can put the games in the language you want?

I'm OK with the spanish dub but i would like to listen Ron Perlman and Keith David without setting the whole game in english.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
BTW, one question for MCC owners? Does the collection has language voice/text options so you can put the games in the language you want?

I'm OK with the spanish dub but i would like to listen Ron Perlman and Keith David without setting the whole game in english.
Yes, you can download whichever language track you want and un-install the ones you dont

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Best story, incredible visual, good gameplay, mediocre level design, awful COD clone multi (before the legendary update).
Worth playing just for the character development, which was completely and sadly ruined in 5.
I wish Infinite can combine the best world of 4 and 5, 343 has showed they can do well in all aspect, just not in the same game so far.

This is the best summation of my feelings about the 343 games I've seen in this thread. 343 has proven to me that they're passionate about the series, care deeply about it, and are capable of doing great things, but they just need to pull everything off at one time in one game with a good writer.

I'm particularly happy that you made the distinction that Halo 4's campaign had good core gameplay but mediocre level design. A lot of people write off the gameplay in 4 altogether, but it's really really fun during specific set pieces.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
They will probably gather bugs & glitches again, so these should definitely be submitted. Hope they see them, though.

60, but not uncapped. Not a good sign.

Hopefully it's just as easy to unlock the framerate as it is in Halo Forge.

EDIT: didn't realize tweet was for xbox version oops

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
60, but not uncapped. Not a good sign.

Hopefully it's just as easy to unlock the framerate as it is in Halo Forge.
A LOT of older Halo logic was tied to FPS, some events would straight up not fire at 60 which is why you had weird issues in Halo 2 Vista and MCC H2 where elites would not dual wield. Decoupling all that logic from FPS might be a massive pain in the ass but we don't know yet.