• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From Inside Xbox Gamescom stream:

https://mixer.com/xbox

• X Enhanced
  • 4K and HDR at 60fps
  • Faster Load Times
  • Improved Matchmaking and Offline LAN
  • Intelligent Delivery System, allowing you to choose which games to download, or to download only SP or MP

Last edited:

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"LOL is it still broken?"

"Does anyone care anymore?"

"halo is dad"

I think that covers most posts... I'm excited! Can't wait to try out the new version!

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Just announced on the Inside Xbox stream. Will get all the enhancements from the update.

Experience Halo CE: Anniversary, Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 3, and Halo 4 – all updated with improved matchmaking, offline LAN, faster load times, Xbox One X visual enhancements, and more.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I doubt they're going to fix the things they've broken in the insider build in a week. I am so incredibly dissapointed they're going to be breaking a bunch of graphical aspects in the patch that's supposed to fix the game. Performance isn't particularly solid either

Oct 27, 2017
While it disappointed me tremendously in 2014, its improved a lot and its great to see these enhancements and that its coming to game pass. Four great games imo.

belushy

Oct 25, 2017
Should also mention the intelligent delivery system. No longer have to have the entire game downloaded. Can choose between SP and MP portions of each individual game. Great for players who only want to play Halo 3 MP, or speedrunners who just want the campaigns.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
So September 1st also the date they release all the updates and shit they have been working on? I would like to finally play this damn game.

Edit: Nevermind it seems that is the case going by the end of the announcement. yay!

Harle

Oct 25, 2017
Hope I can download them separately.

Edit: Nice, Thanks for the answers!

Last edited:

jem

Oct 25, 2017
You can, kinda.

You start the download and when it says ready to start you can select which games you want to download and in which order.

You need to have the full 70gbs or so free before you can start the download though.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I doubt they're going to fix the things they've broken in the insider build in a week. I am so incredibly dissapointed they're going to be breaking a bunch of graphical aspects in the patch that's supposed to fix the game. Performance isn't particularly solid either
Is it really that rough? Maybe the latest flight isn't the most up to date code?

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Yep! Once you download enough of the game you can launch it and open up the intelligent delivery page and choose what you want from there.

www.trueachievements.com%2fcustomimages%2f081872.jpg

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Can't wait for the patch and GamePass. Going to jump back into this with my friends to try and do all the coop stuff.

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Any idea if my current game will receive a patch or if one would have to re-download the entire game?

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
AFAIK, ODST is there with all the enhancements same as it was before. It's considered add-on DLC, so it's not included in the Game Pass version.

OP
OP
digitalrelic

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this reinvigorates the community and we see some higher player counts. Would love to dive into this again.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
From Inside Xbox Gamescom stream:

https://mixer.com/xbox

• X Enhanced
  • 4K and HDR at 60fps
  • Faster Load Times
  • Improved Matchmaking and Offline LAN
  • Intelligent Delivery System, allowing you to choose which games to download, or to download only SP or MP

That 60fps part needs an asterisk. Halo Anniversary and Halo 2 Anniversary are not locked. Maybe it'll be fixed on the release day version, but the last build I played had issues. Hopefully the LOD issues in 4 are also fixed.

Molto

Oct 27, 2017
Better late than never, this is awesome. Hyped for that 4K HDR goodness and more people playing online