• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
On a GTX 970 and an i5 3570k, running thgame at 1440p.

Steam's FPS counter says it's running at 60fps 99% of the time (occasional drops to 58fps), yet it still feels quite stuttery in places. Don't really know how to describe it. The FPS counter shows 60fps but it's not buttery smooth. This is on both Original and Enhanced.

Will try running it at 1080p where I expect it to perform better. Just a bit disappointed that it's not as smooth as I would like it at 1440p. Especially when this suggests that I should my setup should be able to do 4K at 60fps.

gr0w

Oct 28, 2017
Getting 120fps at 4k, "enhanced" graphics on a 1070 with 2700X.

But the sound seems to be off. The quality in battle is awful, feels like I am hearing rear speaker sounds from my 2.1 setup at all times. And no audio options :/

Ion Stream

Oct 31, 2017
welp my game just crashes as soon as I click on one of the options on the main menu. ffs just wanted a quick game before bed!

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Wow... This feels like ass. Seriously, what happened to the frame pacing? It feels like it's running at 30 FPS, the frame pacing is that inconsistent.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I´m getting locked 60FPS at 4k + enhanced graphics. (i7 4790k, 16GB RAM, AMD 590).

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This feels awful.

140fps @ 1440p but it feels stuttery and blurry. WTF is up with this game?

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I've at least figured out that the game doesn't like Gsync, disabling that makes the game much less stuttery. It still doesn't run well though. The game constantly has little hitches and framerate drops despite my system only being at about half utilization.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Anyone get HDR working with windows store version?

note: HDR *always* works for me on every pc game that has HDR featured. So im thinking this version may not have HDR?
No luck here either. Hopefully it's not a weird situation like Resident Evil 7 where the windows store version won't work in HDR with me. I've had zero issues with other MS published HDR PC games (Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5, Seas of Thieves etc).

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This feels awful.

140fps @ 1440p but it feels stuttery and blurry. WTF is up with this game?

If you lock to 60 FPS it feels way smoother. Something is off with unlocked framerate

Guys, my sound is all fucked up. No bass, everything is distant sounding. It sounds the same with Dolby Atmos / Sonic or nothing.
Is the soundmix this bad?

gr0w

Oct 28, 2017
Guys, my sound is all fucked up. No bass, everything is distant sounding. It sounds the same with Dolby Atmos / Sonic or nothing.
THIS!!!

Same problem over here. Sounds like it has a weird error with the sound mix. No bass whatsoever, everything sounds like upscaled to 5.1 or whatever.

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
Getting usually between 180-320 fps on a 2080Ti + 2700x at 4K, but with some strange dips to 120fps. I've seen some videos where fps barely go below 180, but they were using a 9900K.
Not a big deal though since my monitor is 60Hz, so I'm going to lock it at at 60fps.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
THIS!!!

Same problem over here. Sounds like it has a weird error with the sound mix. No bass whatsoever, everything sounds like upscaled to 5.1 or whatever.
Yeah bad mix was my first thought. Sounds awful in headphones. No option to change this from what I can find. Known issue though, so who knows when it's fixed.

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you lock to 60 FPS it feels way smoother. Something is off with unlocked framerate

Yep. It sounds like ass too.

Very quiet and distant, overall. It's like a lot of ambiance sounds are missing, or just quiet.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The sound mixing is dismal, pretty ridiculous to release it like this. After such a long wait in the first place too.

Ion Stream

Oct 31, 2017
Sound is all sorta fucked up. On my setup (I have a studio) and the levels are all over the place. The music is painfully loud in the campaign and the voice audio sounds compressed ta fook, and then the gun sounds are so distant. I thought it was just my rose-tinted glasses on at first but yeah, seems like there are some audio issues for sure.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
What's the point of an extensive beta when the game still launches with awful audio that's been known for ages?

zero2000

Oct 28, 2017
Is this motion blur supposed to be atrocious? Genuine questions because I just got a new monitor and I don't know if it's the game or monitor.

jayvo

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone else having an issue with the game launching via the GamePass app? The game launches, displays the Xbox Game Studios logo and 343 logo, but then closes out and goes to the Windows store page.

Oct 27, 2017
Very strange, I turned off V-SYNC in the NVIDIA CP (which I usually have on in combination with my G-SYNC monitor) and the game feels so much better and responsive now (felt like input lag before) with frames at 200+ most of the time and zero perceived screen-tearing (if it's there I don't see it).

Using an ultrawide monitor there is like this tunneling vision effect sometimes at the outer portions of the screen horizontally.

Hedonism Bot

Oct 27, 2017
To those that use ultra low latency in games, it really messed up the framerate for me in reach and for a friend too. Turned it off for this specific game in the control panel. This is with a 2080ti and i9 BTW, so not because of weak pc power.

A Path Finder

Developer at ioi
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to play it with the sound being like this :(

Everything else is awesome for me. Gameplay is so much fun.

Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
I'm getting frustrated, I can't even start the game with the pc game pass.
It's the only game pass game that does not start at all even after moving it to the ssd and completely reinstalling the game.
Other games like Metro Exodus, Gears V basically any other game works fine.

Anybody got a clue why it does not wanna start? Pressing start minimizes the xbox beta app but nothing happens.
I deactivated all background apps like shadowplay, MSI afterburner and even steam and discord but it won't change the reaction.

PC:
i7 4790k
16gb ddr3 2400mhz
GTX 770 (plugged in but not in use, only for splitting pc purposes)
GTX 1080

SSD 512gb + 2 HDD's

Got the newest nvidia and windows updates installed

zero2000

Oct 28, 2017
I'm getting frustrated, I can't even start the game with the game pass.
It's the only game pass game that does not start at all even after moving it to the ssd and completely reinstalling the game.

Anybody got a clue why it does not wanna start? Pressing start minimizes the xbox beta app but nothing happens.
I deactivated all background apps like shadowplay, MSI afterburner and even steam and discord but it won't change the reaction.

Go to the start menu and open it from there. Yes, it doesn't make sense.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
sounds like it was mixed for 5.1 and not changing for people with less than that

Thing is, I'm using Windows Sonic / Dolby Atmos so it should be picking the 5.1 mix and making the correct transformation for stereo sound.

Even with it turned off, it's all fucked up, like it's not downmixing.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting frustrated, I can't even start the game with the pc game pass.
Other games like Metro Exodus, Gears V basically any other game works fine.

PC:
i7 4790k
16gb ddr3 2400mhz
GTX 770 (plugged in but not in use, only for splitting pc purposes)
GTX 1080

SSD 512gb + 2 HDD's

Got the newest nvidia and windows updates installed
Try running it from the Start Menu or using search on the taskbar to find and run it. Many of us had this problem and it was an easy fix.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Thing is, I'm using Windows Sonic / Dolby Atmos so it should be picking the 5.1 mix and making the correct transformation for stereo sound.

Even with it turned off, it's all fucked up, like it's not downmixing.

I have a Sound Blaster X7 so I'll see if maybe it's better with the hardware DSP, but I'm guessing it's just fucked for everyone

shame

EDIT: game feels smooth at 120 for me, but yeah the sound is jacked. weapon sounds are fucking awful, hope this gets fixed ASAP

Last edited:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Won't even launch for me on Gamepass version. Weee

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, audio's messed up. Sounds really muffled and wrong. Definitely broken.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to play the game through game pass - first couple of attempts hung on the very first little load pop up.

Now I can boot through the intro logos but it freezes / crashes when I try to continue through the load screen.

Fg4YjMQ.png

Scratch that it just took a reaaaally long time.

Has anyone done anything in terms of downsampling? How do I go about that with a MS Store app game?

Last edited:

Santos

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Playing co-op with a friend. Disappointed with the port so far. Hitches on cutscenes, no in-game subtitles working (works solo) and massive keyboard lag.

EDIT: Steam vesion, framerate locked at 60fps.