• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
i have a 60 Hz monitor and get screen tearing with an uncapped frame rate, this was not the case in the flighting where there was no screen tearing so that's unfortunate.

EduBRK

Oct 30, 2017
Brazil
It seems most problems are from the Gamepass Version... please post which version you are having issues or success.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Resolution Scaling cant go above 100?

Bummer. This game is such a breeze on the GPU, being able to upscale ingame seemed like a no brainer when I saw that option in the flights.

And yeah. The Audio is CRUNCHY! How do you let that slide?

Denryu

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
My friend is having an issue where he opens the game, it goes to the 343 screen then opens up the MS Store and the game closes. Anybody had something similar?

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
So i have 3 versions that I've pruchased from the microsoft store.

One is just master chief collection, which i can launch. Menu pops up to say 'Halo: The Master Chief COllection' and then just stays there. Nothing happens

The other just says halo reach which clicking launch on it does nothing, then the other is MCC which just says manage

Nothings working

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

One is just master chief collection, which i can launch. Menu pops up to say 'Halo: The Master Chief COllection' and then just stays there. Nothing happens

The other just says halo reach which clicking launch on it does nothing, then the other is MCC which just says manage

Nothings working
MS Store always has problems, dunno why you didn't get it on Steam

Sim

Oct 25, 2017

Nothings working

Check to see if there's a separate sign-in window on your taskbar when the game hangs in the beginning.

Suikodan

Oct 25, 2017

Nothings working

Yeah, I have the same thing.

I use GamePass on PC and when I click on Play on Halo MCC's page, GamePass window minimises and nothing happen. Tried starting another game, it works.

Of course, I restarted my PC, updated drivers yada yada and it happen on 2 differents PCs...

Sim

Oct 25, 2017

I use GamePass on PC and when I click on Play on Halo MCC's page, GamePass window minimises and nothing happen. Tried starting another game, it works.

Of course, I restarted my PC, updated drivers yada yada and it happen on 2 differents PCs...

Yeah, it doesn't work through the app. Start it from the start menu.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Check to see if there's a separate sign-in window on your taskbar when the game hangs in the beginning.

Well Atleast now i realised its because i have to actually download the full game

And now the game in the microsoft store is downloading at an absolutely MASSIVE......2.7kb/s.

How.

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Audio cracking problems, but rendering at 6880x2880 on a 3440x1440 gsync monitor and running fine with 60 fps limit. [7700k 1080ti steam version controller]

Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
So, had a hour with the campaign which is quite fun (never played Reach's before) but 3 issues are negatively noticable and annoying and hope they can be adressed soon.

I'm going through it in coop with a friend with and he can confirm my issues with his ultra pc and he has a similiar experience.

1. Whenever the characters speak over the radio the quality is pretty terrible. Sounds like from a early 2000 microphone. You also can't turn that down.

2. The fps goes quite down in certain situations even though the gpu utelisation is very low (e.g. in a situation when the dropship came). It also never seems to fully utelise the pc to keep 144fps all the time.

3. The input still feels a bit delayed but this might be just how the game works.

4. Despite high framerates (if it doesn't dip badly) the game does not feel great at times. Unlocked fps is probably really bugged and I will try out the 60fps lock next time.

The game itself however aged quite well, I'm still impressed with the amount of opponents and how unforgivable they are in the hardest difficulty. Gotta be a nice fun challenge after playing Gears 5 on insane.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12129

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Windows store version via Game Pass, I can't seem to go above 120fps even with vsync off. Appears to be locked?

Also the frame pacing feels way off. This game is not smooth at all.

1440p
i7 7700k
GTX 1080ti
32GB RAM

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
runs great for me (steam), but sound issues.

tried using my AirPods with my computer and just had like a white noise sound.

swapped for my wired Bose headphones and had audio cutting out and in every minute or so. I could pause and wait a minute and it'd come back

im sure there will be a patch with how widespread things seem. Oh well, maybe RDR2 will work on Thursday? (lol)

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
i7 9700@ 4.2ghz
32gb Corsair DDR4
MSI 390Z AC Mobo
Sli 2080Ti Strix ROG 11gb

Reach basically stays at 144fps @ 1440p no matter what.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
No HDR, huh? Not seeing it in either the Steam or Windows Store versions. That's disappointing.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
Runs perfectly at 4k with a Ryzen 5 3600 and a RTX 2060 Super. Audio quality is atrocious though. How did it release in this state? Good thing they've acknowledged it already. Feels good returning to Reach with a m/k too.

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I'm getting like 350 FPS on my 1080ti with month old drivers at 1440p

I wish. I'm at like 100-150, but GPU utilization bearly reaches 50%. Would prefer a locked 165, but I have G-Sync. Fullscreen or borderless makes no difference.

Latest drivers. Gonna try a higher res.

Yes, audio is trash.

*steam version

edit -

4k through DSR and GPU utilization is around 50-70% and core speed is maxing out so sweating a bit more, 100-150 fps from a short test session. Maybe my 6700k is getting long in the tooth. I'm in no rush to play since the audio needs work so we'll see.

Last edited:

Deeke

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Bad input lag/headshot lag. This game needs some work.

Btw how in god's name do I actually type to my teammates in-game? I can toggle the text in the lobby, but can't seem to do it in game.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
9600k+1070 at 1440p getting like 170+fps. despite that, it doesnt feel....smooth? also have the audio issues others are pointing out too.

edit: and whats with not being able to crouch while moving?

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
9600k+1070 at 1440p getting like 170+fps. despite that, it doesnt feel....smooth? also have the audio issues others are pointing out too.

I find that, with G-Sync enabled, 60fps is actually smoother than 120fps because of the stuttering that occurs at times when reaching higher framerates than 60.

You've actually never been able to crouch while moving in Halo, but I do agree that it feels odd when playing with keyboard and mouse. It's pretty much unnoticable with a controller however, in my experience at least. ;)

Last edited:

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Game Pass version.

Yeah something isn't right. GSync isn't working. I tried all manner of Vsync on/off, Low latency off/ultra, fullscreen, windowed. Nothing works. On original or enhanced, the framerate drops noticeably when moving the mouse around. On original, the framerate goes from 180 -> 140 just by moving the mouse. On performance mode, there doesn't appear to be much of an impact.

The only way I can get the game to feel reasonably smooth is on performance mode with vsync off completely, where I get around 300 fps at 1080p.

This is with:

Core i7 6700K
RTX 2070 Super (441.41 drivers)
1080p 144Hz Gsync monitor

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
Any way of removing the intro video files of the MS Store version of the game?

Also, is it just me or is the audio kind of muffled? It's definitely surround sound, but it just sounds muted.

Last edited:

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Something is definitively wrong with my performance, on a 1060 at 1080p I'm hovering anywhere from 120fps with hard drops to 40's and 50's for no apparent reason, GPU utilization almost never goes over 40%, set my nvidia settings to max performance, nothing, still the same shit, really disappointing for a 10 year old game.

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Gsync definately seems broken and the game doesn't feel smooth even at 120. I'm seeing screen tearing on full screen. Mouse input seems pretty good otherwise though.

Last edited:

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Having played little Halo in the past, I gotta say, I hate how you can't crouch at will. I just got done marathoning the old Half-Life games and hilariously, those games feel and control way better.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Sooo is it me or are animations locked at 60 FPS? The reload animation sure looks like it, and if I look at a NPC's walking animation it looks like it to. I hope that's something they are fixing.

Dark1x can you confirm this? Or am I tripping?

PARANOiA

Oct 25, 2017
Silky smooth for me at 4K@60FPS on a 980ti.

I have a weird bug once I quit the game... some Windows screens - e.g. control panel sub-menus like device manager, language bar - flicker wildly and need a reboot. Other than that the game is butter smooth.

Hadoken

Oct 25, 2017
I'm setting the game aside until they fix the audio. I didn't realize it was THAT bad. Did anyone notice when you strafe around your squadmates there's this blur effect on them? This is with uncap framerate.