• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Until someone is showing me set photos or casting announcements, I don't believe it. They've been saying it for years. I believe it's probably got some sort of life behind closed doors but not a lot. Hopefully by Halo 6 we'll see SOMETHING.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_inline_n5t6372pTK1rkw9n2.gif

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
This really isn't that uncommon for cable TV shows. That show Preacher was in development for 7 years (with multiple scripts written) at AMC. And I've heard of HBO shows that have taken longer than that to finally get made.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like these videogame movies and TVs are coming out much later than they should. The Warcraft movie should have been made years ago at the peak of the WOW craze. Halo is not as popular as it use to be and I'm not sure a TV show would get a large enough audience.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Band of Brothers but with ODSTs let's goooo.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I feel like these videogame movies and TVs are coming out much later than they should. The Warcraft movie should have been made years ago at the peak of the WOW craze. Halo is not as popular as it use to be and I'm not sure a TV show would get a large enough audience.
They missed the boat about ten years ago.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So much Halo discussion but no actual news...
ralph-v-day.gif

Last edited:

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
District 9 is what became of their window to get in red hot on Halo

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Probably means some person is mulling over a script that has made the rounds for years.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If the TV show can get a huge budget and has very high production values, Sci Fi fans will eat it up. But that's a big if.

Deleted member 16849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Foward unto Dawn was decent despite the 10 million dollar budget and the audience seemed to like it aswell overall. Makes you wonder what they could done if they had more funding behind them. Apparently Halo Nightfall had a 10 million budget aswell but it wasn't as good (i have yet to see it).

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
If the TV show can get a huge budget and has very high production values, Sci Fi fans will eat it up. But that's a big if.

Sci Fi action is very expensive and hard to pull off, even for blockbuster movies with massive budgets. There's a reason why a lot of space opera shows have a lot of scenes of interiors and usually a sparse amount of action. And that's fine. The problem is that Halo is an action game and there is an expectation that there will be tons of action. Like if there is a gun battle with the Convenant in nearly every episode, that's going to be really hard to on a consistent level.

Hopping_Mad

User banned for use of alt account
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Australia
This show should have happened around Halo 3, not now. Actually, a movie around Halo 3, then a TV show starting around the time 4 hit.

The franchise isnt the juggernaut it used to be so I dont expect it to get the budget it needs (nor the quality writing staff) to pull off a Band of Brothers like experience as mentioned above.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sci Fi action is very expensive and hard to pull off, even for blockbuster movies with massive budgets. There's a reason why a lot of space opera shows have a lot of scenes of interiors and usually a sparse amount of action. And that's fine. The problem is that Halo is an action game and there is an expectation that there will be tons of action. Like if there is a gun battle with the Convenant in nearly every episode, that's going to be really hard to on a consistent level.
But we're living in new times where you have content providers willing to fund a season of TV well over 100 million dollar budgets. I mean if Marco Polo or The Get Down could get it from Netflix, why couldn't Halo with the backing of Steven Speilberg and Microsoft.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly with today's cable and streaming shows having massive budgets, I can see this working more than ever. What once was HBO only territory, now we have places like Netflix, Amazon and Hulu throwing cash at almost anything.

I'd like a John/MC origin story, or something around the ODST plot. Too early to start with Reach or Halo 1-5 story lines.

GoldenKings

Oct 28, 2017
Well there's quite of few Halo references in the Ready Player One movie for what that's worth lol

Nice that they're still talking somewhat about it and not shoving it under the rug.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've heard this before. I'll believe it when I see it.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It's in the same development stage as Half Life 3.

Tbh this is probably further. Valve is never making HL3, maybe if the company gets new management. With the Halo TV series I expect it to be shown off around the time Halo 6 launches. We had a miniseries for both Halo 4 and Halo 5.

boi

Nov 1, 2017
I dont believe it. They have been saying this for years.

A TV show doesnt make sense imo. Its hard to communicate the grand scale of the Halo events this way. The production values are to low and this would damage the brand. This was the case with those Halo 4 and 5 miniseries.

Its not to late MS, get us Blomkamp.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I will believe it when I see it.
Also I am not sold on real life Halo action series. An animated series like Castlevania would be much more preferable.

Phonomezer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
But we're living in new times where you have content providers willing to fund a season of TV well over 100 million dollar budgets. I mean if Marco Polo or The Get Down could get it from Netflix, why couldn't Halo with the backing of Steven Speilberg and Microsoft.

Netflix has $20 billion debts, so no.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'll believe it when I see it. Really hope that its better than the other live action stuff weve gotten if it ever comes out.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Modern Spielberg though? I dunno. I'm still trying to figure out if The Post is actually supposed to be good or if it's Oscar bait.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Considering that after all this time we still have nothing tangible to go on I'm not so convinced, but it makes sense for them to time it with a big Halo release. Halo 5 was too soon for them to do anything of quality, or longer than the mini-series they put out, and Halo Wars is a side project. Hopefully by next year when Halo 6 comes out they'll have done proper progress and have something to show for it.