• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Believe it or not but my parents never bought hamburger helper when growing up. This was the first time ever trying it. I like the taste. Yum

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was a pretty big staple of my single days. Still go back when the missus is out for an extended time. It's just solid, easy food.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I kind of like the tuna helper version too, though like hamburger helper I can't eat it very often.

If you can find mafalda corta noodles you can make your own pretty easy, too, just cook that and mix in ground beef and some sort of jarred sauce.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
No idea what this is. But if you chose to call your food product "Hamburger helper", you're probably not to be trusted with food preparations for children.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
When I was first married, and making $7.25 as a police officer, we lived off of HH!! LOL. We still cook it from time to time. It has lasted the test of time. 22 years and running in my kitchen lol.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Believe it or not but my parents never bought hamburger helper when growing up. This was the first time ever trying it. I like the taste. Yum

Try tuna helper, too. I like that as well, they're typically creamier pasta dishes. I grew up loving Tuna Tetrazini.

My roommate in college used to call beef stroganoff, "beef stroking off." Sometimes I'd get random texts like "planning on stroking off for dinner tonight bro" lol.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
It was a staple of my house growing up. We stopped eating it after one "flavor" made us all sick.

No idea what this is. But if you chose to call your food product "Hamburger helper", you're probably not to be trusted with food preparations for children.

It's basically pasta with a very thick meat sauce. Comes in a box with pasta and seasoning, you add the meat and liquid.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
what

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger_Helper

"The basic and most popular version of Hamburger Helper is a box of dried pasta with seasoning"

what the hell

original

some pathetic struggle shit right there

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
The cheesy italian beef flavor is so good! Great bachelor meal, and cheap if youbwait for sales on ground beef.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
The old beef stroganoff was the best, the one that came with the sour cream packet separately. They condensed the entire thing into 1 seasoning packet and it's not nearly the same.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Cheeseburger HH is da bomb.

The old beef stroganoff was the best, the one that came with the sour cream packet separately. They condensed the entire thing into 1 seasoning packet and it's not nearly the same.

I believe the deluxe version has a separate packet.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I do miss these from time to time. Pretty good taste-wise in a pinch, but way too much sodium to eat day in and day out.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I just worked out what my family's equivalent of this was: baked beans on toast.

But we had a back garden and, because our father was a diligent gardener, this gave us access to fresh vegetables in season. We were as poor as church mice but the council rented this house to us, right on the edge of the North Sea, and we grew up strong and healthy.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
Never had it growing up and came from a household with an unspoken "oh god no" mentality toward stuff like HH.

Think I had it once with an ex roommate and it was tasty.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Pretty sure a pack of pasta would be cheaper
Probably, but that's not the point. The entire purpose of Hamburger Helper is that is a quick, cheap, and easy meal to make that also tastes good. It was a staple of my childhood because my mom worked late hours and didn't have time to make more complicated meals.

I just don't appreciate the shitty condescension towards "struggle meals" that eminated from your post.

honestrade

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really like the HH stroganoff. I grew up eating it. Unfortunately my wife didn't and I can't convince her to give it a go.