• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
what hurts immensely is this happened after some of her deleted tweets earlier today were captioned that she just wanted to be loved

the fact that it ended like this is beyond awful
Heartbreaking seeing posts like this. I wish her fans' support could have saved her. I can't believe people can be so cruel to a person who is doing her best just to bring joy and entertainment. That's so fucked up.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not familiar with her but I came across on a story about her earlier today. She was tweeting self harm stuff.

But once she tweeted this stuff her company and friends were checking in on her and publicly said she was fine. Sooo were they lying? How could that happen if they're checking on her? was no one actually checking on her? Wtf
Same thing happened with Etika. Depression like this isn't something that goes away

Oct 8, 2019
I honestly think it was more Terrace House related based on what I've been hearing/reading about the situation, but two different crowds of lunatics attacking you at the same time is completely untenable. People having no sense of empathy on the Internet has never made any god damn sense to me.

You get a bunch of people who lack empathy for other people, get them to meet other people who lack empathy, and allow them to tell themselves that their perfectly fine because they "only hate the people ruining the thing they like". They're totally not racist because they only hate the "bad" minority. If your a minority your totally welcome to their group as long as you destroy your identity to be a part of the larger group.

I'm not familiar with her but I came across on a story about her earlier today. She was tweeting self harm stuff.

But once she tweeted this stuff her company and friends were checking in on her and publicly said she was fine. Sooo were they lying? How could that happen if they're checking on her? Wtf

A person said she was fine but then followed it up by saying that Stardom was rushing to check up on her. That person has obviously deleted their tweets.

Shadow Walker

Oct 27, 2017
RIP Hana

Wonder how Kai is going to take all of this he was already depressed as is before the incident. Hope he doesn't do anything drastic...

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
OMG NO!

I went to sleep seeing twitter updates that she was fine and that people were with her, how could this happen :(

Translated examples of bullying
Oct 27, 2017
OMG NO!

I went to sleep seeing twitter updates that she was fine and that people were with her, how could this happen :(

Unfortunately, I think that was just people using poor translations because they wanted those things to be true. When I shared her concerning posts with wrestling friends I know who don't speak Japanese, they kept trying to convince me that everything was fine by showing me posts like the one by Veny.

"See, everything's fine!"

But in reality the Google auto-translate of her tweet gave a stronger impression than the actual Japanese, which just said "We had made plans to go out drinking together, so I want to believe she's okay."

For context, I just personally translated the Japanese text which Hana posted along with the self-harm images (obviously not posting the images) last night:

"I receive around 100 direct comments every day.
What hurt is that I couldn't disagree with any of them.
Die, you make me sick, go away.
I was always the one who thought those things about myself the most.
Thank you for giving birth to me, mom.
It was a life where I wanted to be loved.
Thank you to everyone who stood by me and supported me.
I love you.
I'm sorry for being weak."

Last edited:

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
If this show comes back the panel is going to have to rethink how they go about commenting on the show.

Sometimes they are ruthless and portray cast members as terrible humans. They have done this so many times and this time the price was someone's life.

I enjoy the show but it's going to be hard to support in the future. Also, fuck those cyberbullies.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
My wife and I love Terrace House, but isn't the show infamous for having toxic fans on social media who bully cast members? It doesn't help that the panel and producers kind of encourage the bullying. If you watch the show you can tell when cast members are being targeted because they tend to try to lay low on the show or end up leaving. For the life of me, I don't know why they air the show while the cast is still living in the house.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
I'm in shock and my girlfriend is going to be devastated when she finds out in the morning. Hana has been our favorite housemate this season, and we've really been rooting for her to get a win after her crush left and now that things seemed to be taking off with Kai (we've only seen the US Netflix released episodes so we haven't seen the incident that kicked this off yet). That poor girl. My heart goes out to her family, and to her housemates who will likely be devastated as well.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I binge-watched the latest season of Terrace House recently and I was particularly keen on her. I haven't seen but knew the latest episodes did not portray her in a positive light, so to hear this is..

Social Media, man. I work with it and I'd rather it all fuck off.

OP
OP
Adree

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, I think that was just people using poor translations because they wanted those things to be true. When I shared her concerning posts with wrestling friends I know who don't speak Japanese, they kept trying to convince me that everything was fine by showing me posts like the one by Veny.

"See, everything's fine!"

But in reality the Google auto-translate of her tweet gave a stronger impression than the actual Japanese, which just said "We had made plans to go out drinking together, so I want to believe she's okay."

For context, I just translated the Japanese text which she posted along with the self-harm images (obviously not posting the images) last night:

"I receive around 100 direct comments every day.
What hurt is that I couldn't disagree with any of them.
Die, you make me sick, go away.
I was always the one who thought those things about myself the most.
Thank you for giving birth to me, mom.
It was a life where I wanted to be loved.
Thank you to everyone who stood by me and supported me.
I love you.
I'm sorry for being weak."

Somewhat off topic you should try using DeepL for translating japanese, it seems to be better than Google's version (which was still miles ahead of Bing)
www.deepl.com

DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator

Translate texts & full document files instantly. Accurate translations for individuals and Teams. Millions translate with DeepL every day.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Horrible news. I was relieved earlier when someone said she was ok on Twitter after the original suicide tweets went up so this was even more a punch to the guy seeing this now😭 This is 100% due to hate from Terrace House fans. I don't even understand how she got hate because of the situation after watching it. She was 100% in the right. Also hopefully her poor kitten is ok too. She posted a bunch of photos with it the last few days.

I'm not active on the TH Reddit at all, but I happened to check it out a handful of times after a recent binge, and saw a weird amount of Hana hate. "Where's that coming from?" someone asked "You'll understand when you watch the [new, Japan-exclusive episode]," someone responded.

I went the route of watching the Japan-exclusive episodes for the first time, and when I got around to that one, I was just confused. Yeah, she overreacted a bit, but so what? Even the ball busting panelists, while inserting that she wasn't entirely without blame, acknowledged it was the culmination of a lot of frustration and that she had legitimate reasons to be upset.

TH is a show I love deeply, and I had no idea there was this immense darkness residing in the fandom.

Fuck. She was so young, so cool, so warm, so talented. This is incomprehensible.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Somewhat off topic you should try using DeepL for translating japanese, it seems to be better than Google's version (which was still miles ahead of Bing)
www.deepl.com

DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator

Translate texts & full document files instantly. Accurate translations for individuals and Teams. Millions translate with DeepL every day.
I may be misunderstanding, but I think that user knows Japanese and is saying they translated that.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if they'd gotten distant in recent times but I'll treasure her for her friendship with ASUKA/Veny a trans wrestler who is also very young and was poised to make her U.S. debut in this goddamned terrible year.

Sadly ASUKA/Veny tweeted about 9 hours ago, when people were still hoping to get someone to check on her, that:

"I don't know how much I'm going to get into, but she's a professional wrestler and I'm sure she has a lot of people who support her.
I've done what I can at this point.
We promised to go out for drinks together, so I'm sure you'll be fine."

More awful sad shit.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea that the Terrace House fandom could be so toxic. The show itself always seemed pretty chill. This is fucked up.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Horrible news about Hana. I'd fallen a bit behind with Terrace House so was planning on watching the rest of this season once it was all on Netflix but I don't think I'd be able to now.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Oh noooooo
Fuck fuck fuck

I saw the stuff on twitter earlier but I thought she was fine. God fucking damn. I'm so mad right now. God damn it.

That's not a good way to go at all. Jesus Christ. She deserved so much better. Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
this makes me so mad and sad. She was one of my fav members.

Judging by the show, you can tell she was a person who always had her heart on her sleeve

😢😢

RIP Queen

Fuck those who caused this. What is wrong with these people.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Already achieved matches at Madison Square Garden and the Tokyo Dome at 22 years old. Robbed of a future so bright, in her career and life.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
For those out of the loop, Hana was a victim of cyber bullying and harassment on social media after a certain incident on Terrace House. The producers painted her as the bad guy in it, and now she's dead.

Fuck Terrace House, and the people who pushed her into killing herself.

Guy she had a crush on ruined some of her wrestling gear, she got pissed and slapped his hat off. This pissed off fans who started to harass her, and the show painted her as being in the wrong on top of it all.

I must have missed that episode, Terrace House sucks

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
I can't even imagine, as someone who is also pretty sensitive, to continually receiving that type of abuse daily for months.

It breaks my heart to know she was constantly feeling that pain over and over again until she couldn't take it anymore.

I can see I wish she got the help she needed but it's never that easy and I can empathise with her situation where maybe she didn't feel like she had anywhere to turn to.

What a fucking tragedy. No other way to put it. The wrestling world is gonna be feeling this one for a long while.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Shocking and devastating. I was lucky to see her live in person two years ago, it was hard to believe someone that young was already a standout talent.

This whole situation just feels so avoidable.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Oh fuck :(
This is heartbreaking, man...
Also, Japan really needs to something about how they treat mental health problems.

Samoset

Oct 30, 2017
This is truly awful. I hope that as a society we can find a better way to stop cyber bullying and toxic fan bases online. The show is also to blame, portraying these young adults as evil villains equivalent to characters on a scripted show. This just encourages the bullying. I feel bad for watching Terrace House. I enjoyed the panel going in on these people. I never understood how harmful that something like that is in reality.