• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowlf

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Hello, all! As I've stated in several previous threads, one of our goals with Hangouts was to make it more accessible for the ResetEra users. We want it to be a place where a user can come and browse the communities and find one, two or maybe even ten communities that they share similar interests with.

One of the initiatives we're going to try is to have a monthly thread where we highlight three to five communities to try and help those communities grow. Specifically, we want to start out by highlighting some of our smaller communities.

With that in mind, if you're interested in having your community considered for the first spotlight thread for November, please send me a PM with the title "November Community Spotlight," and include a short statement introducing your community to the rest of ResetEra. If you have a banner image you would like to use, please send that in the PM as well. The deadline for consideration is midnight on Sunday, October 30th.

If you have any questions, please post them here, as I will not be responding to any PMs on this topic.

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
Hey Rowlf! Will we need to send you a PM in order for the community to be featured following the initial November thread, or will you be hand-selecting other communities that catch your eye later on as well?

OP
OP
Rowlf

Rowlf

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I'll do the same thing at the end of each month, if the ResetEra community finds the thread useful.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
If you are interested in a community or find them uninviting let them know as well. I know many would welcome new members but newcomers may feel overwhelmed at first. I want each user to adapt to each community they like.

Most importantly participate each community a little bit. You can set the threads so you get updates whenever there is a reply and get to know other members of a community.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
Can we have a Spanish community? Is there a member who is fluent that can launch that community? (is this the wrong place to ask this question?)

Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
I also think we may have too many of these already. Some of these could be compiled into one like I think there's Art-Self Study, Drawing-A-Day, and Inktober. Inktober should probably just be in the main one since it's over come Nov. 1st.

Last edited:

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
This is a great idea.

Also, a kind of cool feature just occurred to me but it would probably have to be just done by users because I would think actually programming in the logic would be too hard. Anyway, it'd be interesting if threads out in the regular part of the forum had a sort of header or footer section where they would list the hangouts that someone there might be interested in.

So, for example there's a thread on the newest Marvel Movie. At the top there might be a link to a hangout for the Marvel Movies OT and maybe even a link to a comic hangout OT. For a news story about an anime or something it could have at the top a link to the anime hangout OT. On gaming side a news story about a Final Fantasy might have a link to the Final Fantasy OT. That sort of thing to remind people that those communities are there if they want to engage more.

As I said, it might actually be more of an idea that would have to catch fire as a forum cultural norm than anything hard coded. But that would be a really good way to get some communities out in front of people's eyeballs.

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a streaming / Twitch / YouTube ERA community where we can share feedback, post when we stream or upload to YouTube? Also could be used to help people that are starting up with equipment recommendations, etc.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering if we could do a French community but I don't think there's enough french speaker for that.

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Lol^ yea same as always. Monthly thread. We got something special starting with November and December

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
This is a great idea.

Also, a kind of cool feature just occurred to me but it would probably have to be just done by users because I would think actually programming in the logic would be too hard. Anyway, it'd be interesting if threads out in the regular part of the forum had a sort of header or footer section where they would list the hangouts that someone there might be interested in.

So, for example there's a thread on the newest Marvel Movie. At the top there might be a link to a hangout for the Marvel Movies OT and maybe even a link to a comic hangout OT. For a news story about an anime or something it could have at the top a link to the anime hangout OT. On gaming side a news story about a Final Fantasy might have a link to the Final Fantasy OT. That sort of thing to remind people that those communities are there if they want to engage more.

As I said, it might actually be more of an idea that would have to catch fire as a forum cultural norm than anything hard coded. But that would be a really good way to get some communities out in front of people's eyeballs.
Wouldnt that work with a tag system, so that each thread is given tags by op, and at the bottom you have other threads recommended with the same tags?

Status
Not open for further replies.