• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Happy Birthday, Pokémon. So many people claim that Pokémon is their childhood, but for me, it literally is my childhood. Pokemon Red and Green was released on February 27th 1996, and I was born a day after. I quite literally grew up with Pokemon from childhood to teenagehood and into adulthood.

Despite all of the changes that have happened to the franchise throughout time, I will always have adoration for the memories Pokemon has provided.

So, trainers of ResetEra. What were your memorable moments in the world of Pokémon?

Last edited:

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
www.resetera.com

Pokémon of the Year reveal video

Earlier this month, Google/Pokémon opened up voting for the most popular Pokémon. We were able to vote for a Pokémon from each generation/region per day for 10 days. https://www.resetera.com/threads/pokemon-of-the-year-voting-on-google.168551/ The results are unveiled in this video. The...

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
I remember watching Dragon Ball Z on my local WB/UPN Saturday morning kids TV block and seeing the commercial for the original Red/Blue games here in the US, and it's been an adventure ever since. Squirtle 4 lyfe.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I was SO addicted to Pokemon in middle school when the original games and anime came out. I played the games, watched the show, bought the toys and action figures, and even drew my own comic series. (lol) Recently, I got back into the mainline Pokemon games after a long absence, and returned with Let's Go Pikachu and then Pokemon Sword.

Is this just a lowkey birthday post?

I could do a high key one, as I'm exactly ten years older than Pokemon today! :D ...But I don't think that would be dignified.

OP
OP
King Kingo

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Is this just a lowkey birthday post?

giphy.gif

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
happy birthday to both OP, and to pokemon, game freaks masterpiece. the fact that they've been able to keep it relevant for so many years is nothing short of extraordinary.

Print_Dog

Oct 27, 2017
3rd grade was a trip. Pokemon was a whole vibe. My friends were like the dudes off Stranger Things. Pokemon played such a big role in my childhood. Congrats to them for being around this long and growing every year since.

Oct 25, 2017
Also, Twitch is playing the first season of Pokemon anime

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Still have my Game Boy Pocket with Pokemon Red in it. I'm going to play it....right now.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I still have my brother and I's GameBoy Colors and all three versions, dreading the day those batteries run out. DidYouKnowGaming recently did a really cool biography video on the creator Satoshi Tajiri.

Also, no other Pokemon song comes close to National Park