• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, it's June 16th, and that means it's a day to celebrate Star Trek's second best captain.

5qivwYp.gif

Deleted member 32563

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Yes yes Happy Captain Picard Day to you all as well!

I say Temba his arms wide open and today Darmok and Jalad on the ocean and ultimately Picard and Dathon at El Adrel.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, apologies for that - I just don't like the idea of him making *any* money off of that video.

I'm super-thankful for this thread, however... it's also my wife's birthday, she's a *huge* TNG fan, and she had never heard that June 16th was Captain Picard Day! Very exciting.

Yoshi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Second best captain? Who even has a chance against him? The closest thing I could see would be Sisko due to his phenomenal role in the Diminion war, but still, he's no Picard.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, all the TNG edits are great.

I've long felt this was pretty much the funniest video on the internet:

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Second best captain? Who even has a chance against him? The closest thing I could see would be Sisko due to his phenomenal role in the Diminion war, but still, he's no Picard.
Picard introduced the Federation, and the Alpha Quadrant as a whole, to one of its greatest threats. Letting his ego drive him into testing a near omnipotent being for no other reason than being unhappy anyone would deny the Federation was capable of dealung with anything.

Sisko, on the other hand, was willing to sacrifice everything, even knowingly giving up the chance to have a peacful, happy future with his family on Bajor, in order to defend the Federation, the Alpha Quadrant, and Bajor from the other greatest threat.

And Picard didn't even clean up his own mess.

Cap G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Picard introduced the Federation, and the Alpha Quadrant as a whole, to one of its greatest threats. Letting his ego drive him into testing a near omnipotent being for no other reason than being unhappy anyone would deny the Federation was capable of dealung with anything.

Sisko, on the other hand, was willing to sacrifice everything, even knowingly giving up the chance to have a peacful, happy future with his family on Bajor, in order to defend the Federation, the Alpha Quadrant, and Bajor from the other greatest threat.

Sisko punched Q. That's a thousand times dumber than what Picard did, all of humanity is lucky that Q didn't take it personally.

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017

Let's stage a "transporter accident" and combine them into Pisko.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Sisko punched Q. That's a thousand times dumber than what Picard did, all of humanity is lucky that Q didn't take it personally.
Sisko punched Q because that's exactly how you get Q to leave you alone. He expects humans to be violent and irrational. Give him what he wants so he'll fuck right on off and go about his day satisfied he was right.

That's the difference between Sisko and Picard. When it really counts and lives are on the line, Picard is still thinking about the moral victory. And that's not a bad thing most of the time. But it's incredibly stupid to take a situation wherein there are no stakes and create them.