• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
While I won't personally be celebrating, my spirit will be with you all...next year i promise to be quite the spectral sight.

Have a little mood music for the day and night ahead.

Nauro

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
i won't be celebrating halloween this year lads... i'm all alone ;(

got rejected by a suicide squad era harley quinn ;-:

OP
OP
Dicer

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is this a quote from something? Sorry if I sound overly concerned, but after reading that "I'm going to be homeless" thread, this line sat weird with me, hah. I'm just making sure you're doing OK.

This never fails to make me laugh.

Oh god, I didn't even mean it like that...damn ooops.

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
3cA6Y0d.png

Happy Halloween :)

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I love Hallloween, because it's the one time of the year that people don't look at me like I'm weird for being a horror fan.

nomemorial

Oct 27, 2017
Happy Halloween!

It is my favorite holiday, yet I find that I rarely get to go out and do anything to actually celebrate so I typically binge horror movies/games all month to make up for it.

aarcane

Oct 27, 2017
Happy Halloween to all!

Now I have to decide which soundtrack will freak out the trick-or-treaters more, Suspiria or Silent Hill 2.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I was doing something tonight, but alas, I have no plans and no costume. Perhaps next year.

Happy Halloween to everyone else though.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Hate Halloween,

It's just gotten dark so the Trick or Treaters will be starting shortly. That will last 2 hours then watch Gold Rush and bed. Early to work tomorrow.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To celebrate the festivities, I'm going to spend most of my evening in a ghost town.

The old site.

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
Happy Halloween, everyone. I just got back from walking the dog and I saw more trick-or-treaters in the neighborhood than I have seen in years. No one at the door yet though.

Nebuzel

Oct 27, 2017
The week of Halloween is the worst time to release a non-horror game. Getting into the Halloween spirit is often achieved by immersing oneself in horror movies or doing other kinds of spirited activities. Horror movies are a year round thing for me, but not necessarily for most others. Halloween isn't considered a national holiday in most places so there is less down time for many. Unfortunately, there is just not enough time in the day.

Please developers and publishers, keep the week of Halloween clear from any new releases.

KillerDark

Oct 26, 2017
Just started snowing here (nothing major at least but definitely gonna be a cold one)... Happy Halloween!

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
5 minutes ago I went to give dinner to my sister, her husband and my other sister who's there for the evening. We grew up less than 5 minutes away but there was never trick and treating there.

Across the street from their house I see a Teenager accompanying tow kids. He has a brown long-haired hippy wig on and has his face painted brown. My first thought is Jimmy Hendrix but he had an afro.

My sisters were aghast. Did not expect Black Face among door to door trick and treating in Connecticut.

I'm really curious what costume he was even attempting.

Last edited:

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
To celebrate the festivities, I'm going to spend most of my evening in a ghost town.

The old site.

Well played.

In all seriousness, how big is Halloween in the US? In films it seems like this crazy night where pretty much every kid is roaming the street, there are actual tricks going on and every house is done up. Is that realistic or just usual exaggeration?

Carfo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So it's my first Halloween in our first home so I've never been on the giving end of the whole trick or treat process. The first family that came in with 4 of their kids just grabbed handfuls of candy from the bowl, even the mom came up and grabbed one. I told them only to take a few pieces each and she gave me a nasty look and went off to the next house. The second kid that came up I told him to take what he wanted and he just grabbed one and went on to the next house. What's the best etiquette for this process?

Lev

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Happy Halloween!

It is my favorite holiday, yet I find that I rarely get to go out and do anything to actually celebrate so I typically binge horror movies/games all month to make up for it.

I'm exactly the same. Maybe one of these days I will be motivated enough to get off my arse and actually go to a Halloween party. We'll see.

Anyway, happy Halloween to all!

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
I'm celebrating in loner fashion, getting drunk on a Tuesday night and playing video games.

Might do something Halloween-oriented this weekend though, like get together with some friends and watch a horror movie.