• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
I'm very disappointed in you all that I had to make this thread.

Let's all celebrate Pooh today!

L9eMo0x.png

(today actually is Winnie the Pooh day, aka A.A. Milne's birthday.)

iYwBjOZ.png

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Lovely song that should fit with the mood of the topic

If the links broken (copyright issue) just click on Watch on YouTube

Last edited:

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Someone link that gosh darn baseball game. I'm on mobile and it's not working.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
I need to reread the books sometime. Eeyore is probably one of my favorite characters from my childhood. And probably the main reason I adore donkeys (along with Benjamin from Animal Farm).

zeKgGQe.jpg

Mailbox

Oct 30, 2017
I really did love winnie the pooh growing up. Mind, the series wasn't a huge part of my life, but i enjoyed what i experienced. I know this may not count, but I really enjoyed the 1969 russian shortfilm version a great deal.
15-reasons-why-the-russian-adaptation-of-winnie-t-1-26516-1381439032-10_big.jpg

not only because it was weirdly different while still feeling oddly similar, but also because eeyore looks 10x more depressed.
vlcsnap-901002.jpg

oddly enough... the thing that might very well stick with me longer is that damn baseball flash game...

Winnie_082bc0_5995664.jpg

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I watched the movies and show a lot as a kid, but I was(/am) a Disney nut anyway. Here's to you, Pooh!
Can't wait to meet him again in KH3!

Reick17

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I try to read the books to my kid, I start cracking up. They are very funny and droll.

Pooh is life.

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
For anyone in London, I'd recommend the Winnie the Pooh exhibition at the V&A museum:

https://www.vam.ac.uk/exhibitions/winnie-the-pooh-exploring-a-classic

And the accompanying book:

Pooh book.jpg

152614new_e.jpg
Thanks for the links, this looks really cool. My girlfriend has loved Winnie the Pooh for years since she was a child and I would love to bring her to see this, would it be worth travelling to London for this (from Ireland)? If I can find cheap flights I'd love to do it. We saw Goodbye Christopher Robin at the end of last year too and I really liked it, I had no idea of the depth of history behind the characters and world. I also echo the love for Eeyore, his cynicism makes me feel at home.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
This movie opening was a weekly occurrence in my house growing up.

I still sing it to this day.