• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 25, 2018
www.indiewire.com

Harrison Ford Shuts Down ‘Star Wars’ Question About Force Ghost Han: ‘I Don’t Care’

Was Han Solo a Force ghost in “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker”? Don’t ask Harrison Ford because he couldn’t care less.

When USA Today recently asked Ford about Han being a Force ghost, the 77-year-old actor playfully shut down the report by saying, "A Force ghost? I don't know what a Force ghost is. Don't tell anyone. I'm not talking loud enough for your recorder. I have no fucking idea what a Force ghost is. And I don't care."

Lol, classic.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
giphy.gif

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
I have a great deal of respect for Harrison Ford successfully being able to shut Star Wars out of his mind despite being in it.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would do the same tbh after the dumpster fire that was the Star Wars fandom during the sequel trilogy.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't he remain uncredited in Star Wars: TROS, seems like he's mostly done on Star Wars anyway.

Merrill

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax
Has there ever been another actor so ungrateful and rude about the role that made them a success that they won't answer questions regarding It? Like Jesus, just fake it. You rich prick.

It's not cute when he acts like this, and I don't even care about Star Wars.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Reminds me of the Blade Runner story where he accidentally clocked Ryan Gosling and brought a bottle of good Scotch as an apology, then poured Ryan a glass of it, and took the bottle back with him.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Harrison Ford reminds me of my dog in the last few years of his life. He was also a loveable old grump that would snap and bark at anyone that so much as walked by him.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's tough to decide what I hate more, Star Wars or Harrison Ford. I'm leaning slightly towards Star Wars.
Then again, I'm pretty sure Star Wars will never have a brain fart and kill an airliner full of people.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
lol exactly

He comes off like such an arrogant prick with shit like this.

Dude has been asked Star Wars questions for over three decades, he doesn't give a shit at this point and I don't blame him.

Harrison doesn't even care that much for acting in general. I remember an AMA he did at one point and he was more interested in carpentry than acting. Like, if he never became an actor he'd be fine just doing carpentry. He doesn't keep memorabilia or anything from any sets for any roles he's done. When he's done with a role, hes done.

Also, there is a difference between Harrison being an asshole and him just not giving a shit about Star Wars. Everyone says he's a nice ass dude, shit dude has repeatedly helped random strangers during accidents. I like Star Wars, I don't get upset that Harrison Ford doesn't love it.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dude has been asked Star Wars questions for over three decades, he doesn't give a shit at this point and I don't blame him.

Harrison doesn't even care that much for acting in general. I remember an AMA he did at one point and he was more interested in carpentry than acting. Like, if he never became an actor he'd be fine just doing carpentry. He doesn't keep memorabilia or anything from any sets for any roles he's done. When he's done with a role, hes done.

Hamill and the late great FIsher were hounded about Star Wars just as much if not more than Ford and they still came off as civil and friendly (if not sassy and snarky in Fisher's case). Ford is just being an asshole.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure why some people seem to enjoy this behavior from him. I'd hate to talk to this dude.

Last edited:

mztik

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Indiewire: "Mr. Ford! Mr. Ford! What is you favorite Star Wars moment???"

Harrison Ford: "Get offfff myyyyyy LAAAAAAAWWWWNNNNN"

Runwhiteboyrun

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I would love to kick it with Harrison Ford more than about any other celebrity. He's given these type of answers forever and people still getting pissy about it.

MindofKB

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Has there ever been another actor so ungrateful and rude about the role that made them a success that they won't answer questions regarding It? Like Jesus, just fake it. You rich prick.

Posts like this remind me that Harrison Ford has been trying to tell us for decades that he's just a regular guy who acts, but we refuse to believe it.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dude isn't really a fan of Star Wars, but he'd probably be less grumpy* about it if he hadn't been hounded about it for several decades.

*Less grumpy for Harrison Ford, that is.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO

Also, there is a difference between Harrison being an asshole and him just not giving a shit about Star Wars. Everyone says he's a nice ass dude, shit dude has repeatedly helped random strangers during accidents. I like Star Wars, I don't get upset that Harrison Ford doesn't love it.

Same with Mark Hamill but I don't see him going out of his way to be rude and disrespectful to people just asking questions. Idk his entire attitude towards SW has always bothered me.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why some people seem to enjoy this behavior from. I'd hate to talk to this dude.

They enjoy because its not directed at them, so it just seems like good comedy

I'll never forgot Kevin Smith and Bruce Willis. Long story short, Smith was hired by Willis as a Script Doctor for Die Hard 4, and first hand witnessed the guy's abusive, prima donna tendencies. But because it was directed at the director/producers and not at Smith, he just found it funny and charming. Then a few years later, Smither made Cop Out starring Willis, and SURPRISE SURPRISE, Willis acted in the exact same asshole manner towards Smith.

Naturally, Smith didn't find it charming this time, and he swore off ever working with Willis again. Dude should've known better...

Dude isn't really a fan of Star Wars, but he'd probably be less grumpy* about it if he hadn't been hounded about it for several decades.

*Less grumpy for Harrison Ford, that is.

Once again, Hamil and FIsher were equally hounded but never this dickish, so that bullshit excuse doesn't fly.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting to me that he seems to hate being associated w/ Star Wars but is still totally into Indiana Jones.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018

I mean, I try not to judge Harrison's behavior because, obviously, I dont know the man or his personal experience...but I will say, whenever I see stuff like this I cant help but contrast it to the day that my mom pulled me out of school so we could go see Mark Hamill give a live QnA. And man, Mark was so gracious, so enthusiastic, to interact with the fans and answer every question, whether the person was nine or forty, whether it was about Star Wars or Batman, he just seemed like he genuinely enjoyed getting to be part of the community.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Well after the recent trash trilogy this is the only right answer.

Who gives a shit. Wouldnt be surprised if they make force ghost droids because why the fuck not.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Hamill and the late great FIsher were hounded about Star Wars just as much if not more than Ford and they still came off as civil and friendly (if not sassy and snarky in Fisher's case). Ford is just being an asshole.

Same with Mark Hamill but I don't see him going out of his way to be rude and disrespectful to people just asking questions. Idk his entire attitude towards SW has always bothered me.

Do you really think Ford was being disrespectful or was he just having fun along with the interviewer?

Here's the full quote:

USAToday said:
"When JJ asked me to do it, I said, 'Are you kidding? I'm dead!' " Ford tellls USA TODAY relating his early conversation with Abrams. "He said, 'Sorta dead. You can do this.' He hadn't written anything at that time. But he said, 'This is going to be great.' So I said okay. If JJ asked you do something, you'd probably do it too. He's a very persuasive guy."

Ford insists that the reason he came back was that Solo's return was pivotal to Kylo Ren's growth.

"It was a useful addition to the story and the continuing development of Adam Driver's character," Ford says. "And the chance to do another scene with Adam was great."

We had to remind Ford that his last scene in "The Force Awakens" with Driver led to a pretty painful, drawn-out death scene. He begrudgingly agreed.

"Last time, it didn't turn out so well for me," he said. "But it worked for him."

And Ford weighed in on the online debate over whether Han Solo returned as a Force ghost, since the character was not a Jedi or overly Force sensitive. Coming back as a Force ghost would have placed Han Solo in league with Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi...

*que Force Ghost quote*

Does this sound like an asshole or being rude to the interviewer?

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
He just seems to have such an odd disdain for fans it's really weird, of course I don't know him at all so I'm not trying to play the game where I call someone an asshole, but just check this video out

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The "Who gives a shit?" thing was a scripted joke on the Conan O'Brien show. Pretty much the same thing as William Shatner telling Trekkies to "Get a life" in a scripted joke on Saturday Night Live. The only difference is, Shatner got raked over the coals for agreeing to do that bit, while Star Wars fans love it when Harrison Ford abuses them, so they ask Ford to do it again and again, and squee when he does it.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
I always got the impression that Mark and Carrie were into Star Wars? Harrison just did it cause it was a job. Indiana Jones was what he was into.
I always suspected that it was also in part because Harrison was already in his thirties when he found himself doing this goofy, Flash-Gordon bullshit. Mark and Carrie were just kids at the time. Harrison was already old enough to be jaded.