• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 1, 2017
Both versions of the game use a PlayStation 2 emulator to run the game. Otherwise, I'm wondering if there's much of a difference between the PS3 and PS4 versions of this game. I know the original PS2 version had some issues when compared to the GCN original. From what I've seen reported however, the PS4 version sorts some of these issues out (e.g. reduced load times). Otherwise, does anyone have any personal experience with either version of the game?

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That's actually a great point. I didn't think of the extra QoL functions that the PS4 emulator might offer.

For those curious, the PS3 version is $9.99 (cad) vs. $19.99 (cad) for the PS4 version.
Didn't know there was a $10 difference. I guess it'll be whether or not the QoL and shorter load times are worth the extra $10.
Wouldn't the PS4 version be near 1080p too while the PS3 one is like 480p at the absolute best?