• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
No just on CNN and Chuck Todd. I can see myself getting to that point with MSNBC but I'm not there yet

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I think 'The Hill''s youtube channel is a pretty good emulation of a cable news style broadcast, just more progressive.

Excuse me

Oct 30, 2017
Never really consumed news from either outlet (mainly because I don't live in US) but I used to like Maddow. But she has become tad too "theatrical" for my liking and not much substance in the show's reporting. Only American pundit I like is Sam Seder and with very little resources he does better job dissecting news events then CNN/MSNBC.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Just now? Lol

They've been garbage for over a decade.

CNN isn't news and msnbc is centrist propaganda that fires anyone who doesn't stick with pro corporate pro wealthy talking points

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Reset era is all I need for my news.

I'm well informed on Baltimore local politics thanks to era.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Heyes was trying to get the soundbite of Warren admitting that her healthcare plan will raise tax while ignoring the fact that the overall cost will be lower. The whole thing sounds like they're trying to get clips to be used to attack her plan later.
Huh. I'm actually surprised, since when I've listened they all seem to be fawning over Warren and just kinda "meh" on Biden

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I havent watched them for years and im glad i havent. Only reason i cant get away from them is that youtube is basically has some kind of deal with the TV stations that their clips are the only ones that pop up first when it comes to anything politics related

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Any commercial news is unbearable. I stick to public radio cause I dont waste my time with commercial ads and bullshit.

You donate to your local stations and programs you like and you get an hour of content where most of it is actually content and not dick waving ads.

Even aside from that my news is primarily gathered from an array or reporters and correspondents on twitter and their various pieces, rather than relying on some corporate asshole to read me the highlights of those same reporters stories.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I prefer watching democracy now on youtube if I want to watch US news. I don't have the time nor interest to watch the big networks. It feels like in their attempts to give both sides of the story they tend to normalize what's really happening.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
in the age of twitter and easily accessible instantaneous worldwide communication and information? they're irrelevant

pbs/npr are more than enough and mostly on the level.

i think people shouldn't be inherently distrustful of media, just more aware and discerning of who is delivering news (as well as why) and aware of their possible bias'

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
There are a few MSNBC shows that are still worthwhile. Sadly they're almost all sandwiched by garbage.

CNN is a pure dumpster fire. Absolutely worthless Jerry Springer-esque trash.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny that we implemented freedom of the press to have quality news reporting yet most of the profitable US news outlets are GARBAGE

Oct 27, 2017
Shit like a decade ago lol.

NPR is by far the best. Vox ain't bad (especially their YouTube). Smattering of conventional sources like wapo and guardian is fine so long as you're smart about them.

Also shit like Last Week Tonight are legit journalism no matter what they claim out self deprecation.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much besides some special reports they may do. I do however still watch nbc's nightly news. But PBS is where i will watch daily.

Tho, this is not because i despise the likes of cnn or msnbc. It's actually more because i don't have cable to watch. And well pbs does a great job already. So it's pretty unnecessary to watch more.

Deleted member 47559

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 7, 2018
I don't trust any news sources nowadays. probably 80% of the time if I see a story that shocks me, if I research it myself it's because the article told a half-truth or omitted contextual info. literally everywhere does this. even places that strive for balance (e.g. the BBC) fuck up frequently enough that I don't take things at face value

end result is most news articles take so much effort to look into that I can't be bothered. the news just ends up being depressing anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
the ocean
the corporate media are trash

been watching Democracy Now! with Amy Goodman more often

also reading articles on The Atlantic, Common Dreams, American Prospect, Jacobin, Z Magazine, truthdig, The Intercept, ProPublica, Daily Climate

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped watching a while ago, partly because I was sick to death of being stuck thinking about Trump all day, and partly because MSNBC and CNN are shit.

MSNBC is stuck in hyper partisan "shit on Trump all day with being as smug about it as humanly possible". Eventually I grew tired of the "today something happened to Trump that's never happened to him before, and it has him RATTLED"-routine

CNN meanwhile feels like a morally bankrupt place, where they will try and put on a pretense that they're a proper journalistic news outlet, but then the next thing you know, they're having "both sides" types debates. Where they will put on smart and qualified people to talk about the issue at hand, but then they'll also let absolute scum on the same show to provide a "different opinion", or some such nonsense. It's a joke.

KennyL

Oct 27, 2017
I watch PBS News Hour, Al Jazeera English, and JTBC for Korean news, all on youtube. Looking for good Taiwan news channel but they're all garbage.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
I'll read articles on CNN's website, but I don't really watch cable news at all. The only news I really watch on TV is snippets of Action News and Good Morning America in the morning, while my wife and I are getting ready for work.

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why do people even watch these channels, its just random people giving their opinions on the news.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
I've hated cnn since the last decade with their handling of 911 or going to bat for banks and wall street.

Msnbc got themselves in the stinker with me with the last election and their constant misframing of issues. Post mueller report I'm convinced it's just a shitty moderate corporate friendly network that pretends to give a fuck about left issues.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Use to watch cable news nightly, haven't touched it I years. It's trash.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The worst part of it all is that CNN has proven Trump over and over again just how shit it is, I have to get my news from the BBC and other sources

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For profit 24 hours news channels are a mistake and are going to be one of the things written on the tomb stone of what caused the collapse of the USA.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't watched cable news regularly since around the 2008 election cycle. From the snippets I always see, it's only become much worse since then.

BadAlchemy

May 2, 2019
I'm exclusively NPR now I just can't take the hyperbole and constant audio of Trump being Trump. NPR rarely plays audio of the douchebag in chief and I'm kind of okay with that. NPR and PBS are just recitations of news devoid of opinion for the most part...I don't know I'm just tired of opinion?

Anyone else in the same boat? I'll vote for the dem nominee but I'm just so damn demoralized.

I won't even do NPR, even listening to people talk about what's going on is so totally demoralizing. The only news I want to read is whatever today's Nancy strip says.

ConanEd

Alt account
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
I do Sky News, French 24 English, DW News and AL Jezeera (only a little)

They have live channels on youtube.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I only watch cable news during election night.

It's the worst kind of garbage.

I pretty much read all of my news online and have done so for a long time.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm exclusively NPR now I just can't take the hyperbole and constant audio of Trump being Trump. NPR rarely plays audio of the douchebag in chief and I'm kind of okay with that. NPR and PBS are just recitations of news devoid of opinion for the most part...I don't know I'm just tired of opinion?

Anyone else in the same boat? I'll vote for the dem nominee but I'm just so damn demoralized.
I wouldnt be as into politics as I am without NPR. I dont bother with MSNBC ever outside of a twitter clip here and there. CNN is fine until they start rehashing content.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Cable news is the fast food equivalent for news. YouTube isn't better. It's all cheap and bad for you.

AliR7

Oct 29, 2017
Most definitely. I gave up all of them. I only listen really to NPR in the car.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
i gave up on them a long time ago

ERA is where I get most of my news

i wish i was kidding

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I check them out knowing it's biased opinions and propaganda. As long as you know what the "news" is I think it's fine to watch/read it for the entertainment. Just don't try and form your own thoughts from any single source.