• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
As a film lover, I'm curious if anyone's been to Sundance and actually seen any movies in Park City?

I didn't know you actually don't need a ticket package to see the films and you can just waitlist and pay $25 the day of.

Bookkoo

Apr 9, 2018
I used to live in Park City and work as a Sous Chef at one of the Ski Resort's but never went to the festival but always looked like a good time. Park City was my favorite place in the country Hyatt has transferred me too though.. definitely visit...gorgeous

park-city-utah-ski-lodging.jpg

May 24, 2019
It's not really a festival for the public, is it?

I'm happy with my city's major film festival. We got Parasite just a couple of weeks after Cannes.

Wowbiggulps

Dec 4, 2018
Don't recommend trying to waitlist too often as it's just kind of a drag and if you're trying to get day of tickets be sure to get there extra early. Day-of will be fine for the lesser known stuff but anything with buzz or big names you'll probably be out of luck. You should definitely go if you're a film lover. Super fun experience and everyone there is friendly + obviously shares a common interest.

OP
OP
RastaMentality
Oct 25, 2017
Don't recommend trying to waitlist too often as it's just kind of a drag and if you're trying to get day of tickets be sure to get there extra early. Day-of will be fine for the lesser known stuff but anything with buzz or big names you'll probably be out of luck. You should definitely go if you're a film lover. Super fun experience and everyone there is friendly + obviously shares a common interest.
Is it impossible to get into the big name stuff without a package?

Coolverine

May 7, 2018
i went in 2008 as part of my job and it was a crazy good time. got deathly sick towards the end, but that also gave m my moment with charlize theron who was concerned about how sick i appeared.

Wowbiggulps

Dec 4, 2018
Is it impossible to get into the big name stuff without a package?
I've been twice as a visitor and in my experience, pretty much yeah. This was about 10 years ago though. I'd get lucky with 1 or 2 but that's about it. I wish I'd done the package either time as it would've allowed me to explore a bit more and enjoy the scenery rather than waiting in line for hours or trying to hit up the box office as soon as it opens. All that said, the lesser talked about films, 90% of the docs, etc. will probably be easy to get into without a lot of planning -- and they're the film's I ended up remembering the most haha

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
I did in 2006. Which is to say I walked around Park City for a few hours and felt weird being surrounded by rich people.

I met John Gulager though. That was cool.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in Park City right now. Saw an A24 movie this morning, it was its premiere

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also if your going to waitlist 9am movies are easier to get because they open at 6-7am. I just got the 1-2 spots for the Michael Keaton movie with a friend