• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So here is a new one for me. I woke up this morning on my day off and decided to play some Monster Hunter World. I turned my PS4 on and the game was not the most recent application on the cross bar like it should have been since it was my last played game... no big deal. I went to the games library and scrolled through the alphabetical list and Monster Hunter World was not there. I thought I was going crazy. I restarted my PS4 and the game was still missing. I am not using an external harddrive so this is an issue with the internal one that came with the PS4.

All of my troubleshooting efforts have failed and the game was no where to be found. I had to go back to my purchased tab under the library and redownload Monster Hunter World. Interestingly enough, the only game that went missing and got deleted was Monster Hunter World and nothing else..

Has this ever happened to anyone on PS4? Out of all of my years owning the system since launch, this is the first time I turned my system on and a game was flat out missing.

Ramsiege

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I did notice Injustice 2 was deleted yesterday and I didn't delete it. Had to redownload it again. Was a little confused how it got deleted. My wife wouldn't delete it and my son never touches my PS4 as he's two.

Oracleofdust

Prophet of Regret
Nov 3, 2017
This happened to me recently with Rocket League. It was deleted the day after I played it last.
I asked my flatmates if they did it on accident but they had no idea what I was talking about.

Print_Dog

Oct 27, 2017
I thought this happened to me once, but convinced myself that I did it unintentionally by falling asleep with my controller in the bed.

Actually woke up the other night with my PS4 on the delete app screen with Netflix checked off. Chucked my controller into a chair and went back to sleep.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
That sounds really weird, but it has never happened to me on PS4, although I think this probably have something to do with file corruption, as sometimes my Netflix or Hulu apps get corrupted and have to be downloaded again. But in those cases that have to be done manually, so as I said before; that sounds really weird.