• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, US
I was curious if anyone has participated in high school or college esports or have children that have participated? My nephew who is 10 years old wants to play Rocket League and Fortnite on a esports school team. I did some research and there is a high school esports league.
https://www.highschoolesportsleague.com/

I know there are many colleges that have sports teams but I was surprised to find out that there is high school teams.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This seems like a very new concept, I don't think that people from above 20 like most of us here have the chance to represent their school or college in videogames.

Closest that I could tell was my school having an offical TCG team that played in tournaments and all

Deleted member 35011

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Nope. I'm in a regular college sports team though, so I can try to find out if my uni has an eSports program and ask around if that would help. I imagine it would still be handled by the athletics committee if it that's a thing around here I should be able to ask the people I usually talk to about my stuff. Would you be interested in stuff like how they handle recruiting and stuff like that or more on the how it affects students' daily lives and stuff?

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hated college rocket league, I had the most infamous player for being a dick to his teammate. I'm good enough as was our 3rd we were literally seeded #1 and more or less guaranteed $5000 each (or like, ~$3000 if we threw?) and I still quit mid season.

Bad teammates don't make an experience worth the money.

dred

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking hated college rocket league, I had the most infamous player for being a dick to his teammate. I'm good enough as was our 3rd we were literally seeded #1 and more or less guaranteed $5000 each (or like, ~$3000 if we threw?) and I still quit mid season.

Bad teammates don't make an experience worth the money.
How'd they end up doing after you left?

Deleted member 12186

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The concept didn't exist when I was in high school.

Pretty cool stuff.

I even hear some schools integrated tablets and stuff.

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
You had to see it coming, you knew how Navy was before you even joined haha.
Yeah I just assumed we'd be winning so hard that he wouldn't be the dick he infamously is. Like shit, he roasted me in series where I hard carried and we won 10-1 total, what the hell? How can you even find fault and want to improve against people you're half asleep destroying.

Yikes that's fucked from a team improvement perspective.

Twonny

Dec 12, 2018
Nope. I wish that was an option for me. I think it would be pretty cool/fun to play some kinda esports game for a high school/college team.