• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pierogi Mage

One Winged Slayer
Dec 7, 2017
https://www.amazon.com/Hyperkin-HDTV-Cable-PS2-playstation-2/dp/B07NSTDKHD

So last night i picked up a ps2 game that I had been searching for, for a while. I used to play my N64/SNES/PS2 games on a small CRTV I had lying around, but I've since had to get rid of it and haven't done any retro gaming since. So i plugged my PS2 into the back of my HDTV with RGB cables and the image quality is not great. So I was wondering if this is something that could help with my older consoles or if it's just a ripoff.

sephghast

Oct 25, 2017
I have the Gamecube/N64 one. It's not perfect but it's better than buying that $150 HDMI adapter if you're not planning on playing for extended times. I only bought it for novelty for a get together I was having and it worked well enough. There's a little bit of input lag, but it's playable.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
https://www.amazon.com/Hyperkin-HDTV-Cable-PS2-playstation-2/dp/B07NSTDKHD

So last night i picked up a ps2 game that I had been searching for, for a while. I used to play my N64/SNES/PS2 games on a small CRTV I had lying around, but I've since had to get rid of it and haven't done any retro gaming since. So i plugged my PS2 into the back of my HDTV with RGB cables and the image quality is not great. So I was wondering if this is something that could help with my older consoles or if it's just a ripoff.

For 240p stuff they are bad. They are just like those generic SCART to HDMI that interpret 240p as 480i. So, input lag, interlacing errors, blurry images when there is motion, overly sharpen images when there is no motion but at least no delay when switching from 240p to 480i.

Don't know how good they can be with 480i / 480p content, but most PS2 stuff should be 480i.