• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
If you've tried CBD oil, has it helped you at all? I am mostly looking at what it can do for joint pain as I get pain pretty bad after lifting/climbing/etc.

Any recommendations on brands would be good too.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Not specifically CBD, but we make our own cannabis topical with weed, coconut oil and shea butter. It helps with stiffness and pain. Ours is a full spectrum plant though that has THC, terpenes and everything, not just CBD.

It's kind of like this but a bit thicker, it stays more solid at room temp:

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
My coworker claims it cured her pet's cancer. Otherwise, I haven't heard anything good about it.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Are there any studies on this stuff? Really sounds like snake oil.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I don't think there are many human studies, it's completely unregulated in terms of dosage and while it may have some benefits (helping childhood seizures the most, I think) I probably wouldn't bother at the moment.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
oil works, the cbd edibles work, creams and sprays. I've had a lot of luck with CBD, especially with my migraines.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I know someone that swears it helped their anxiety until they were able to get in to see a doctor and get a normal prescription.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Girlfriend' sister has some odd lingering symptoms from a bout with lyme. There's apparently only so much regular medication can do for her and it's all pain management now and she takes it pretty regularly since Lyme started eating at her joints.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I've had 15+ years of chronic pain, anxiety and depression. It helped none of those things for me.

I knew 30 seconds into the sales pitch that it was snake oil, but I tried it anyway.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
My vet recommended I use small doses (1mg twice daily) for my dog to help his anxiety. He's been on it for about a month and he seems a bit more chill.

GkdGfbD_d.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
CBD 50/50 edibles really helps with muscle soreness for me, just have 3mg chew at night before bed and relax off to sleep

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I used to get headaches all the time (every day or two). I started putting the stuff in my vape and it has signifigantly reduce the amount I get (once every couple of weeks/once a month).

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen CBD claimed to do everything helping with cancer to to seizures. Most of it sounds like a gross exaggeration if not an outright lie and I truly wonder about the claims I've heard from people who say its changed their lives.

I do think it does have some uses with certain kinds of seizures and such but people seem to treat it like some kind of magical panacea that'll fix or help any and everything. Seems dangerous.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not specifically CBD, but we make our own cannabis topical with weed, coconut oil and shea butter. It helps with stiffness and pain.

Kind of like this but a bit thicker, it stays more solid at room temp:

Nice, I do the same with my Nova decarboxylator. I add a few drops of lavender or eucalyptus essential oil to each little jar, makes it smell amazing. My SO has arthritis even though she's only 26. When she's having a rough night, it helps quite a bit.

Scrub Jay

Nov 28, 2017
I sleep much better if I have some if it's a toke session night. The overall high is better and stronger if I mix the two.

Dont use it really besides that. I just got a cartridge to vape with during my breaks at work. We'll see.

Serena

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I feel like it helps me sleep, but I don't know if it is just a placebo.

It helps with muscle tension probably as much as icy hot or tiger balm does.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I actually just ordered some last week and it's arriving today. I am skeptical but know people that swear by it. Will give it a fair shot.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It helps a bit with joint/ muscle pain, although I prefer thc/CBD edibles for this myself. CBD alone seems a bit weaker to me, but edibles are strong enough to only take them once a week or less.

It isn't snake oil, but it's definitely over-marketed. YMMV

Deleted member 12379

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I use CBD iso from Bluebird Botanicals when I can't use proper mj. I use it for my anxiety, specifically for my feet/hands so they stop sweating. It works well for that and takes me down a tiny notch. It kind of just makes me relax, not high or anything. Feels almost like 4-5 hrs after a proper bong rip for me.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
It makes me feel a bit more chill when I take some in the morning for my work anxiety-jitters. It's subtle though; don't take it expecting to nigh-and-day cure your anxiety. My mother-in-law takes it for pain relating to her cancer and it also helps her a little bit there.

For what it's worth I'm also using a high-potency brand with about 25-50 mg per dose for myself, about 100 mg per dose (or more depending on the severity of the pain) for my mother-in-law. A lot of CBD products that you can buy from organic grocery stores and the like is often suuuuper lacking in potency; I was underdosing like crazy with the first few brands I tried because a full dropper was only like 10 mg of CBD.

Last edited:

Smylie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oregon
Not CBD oil, but I vape a 66.5% THC Indica at night, and it completely solves my restless leg syndrome and insomnia in a way that no prescription or OTC medication even comes close to.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I got my boyfriend some oil to help with anxiety and he tried it for a couple weeks, even using way more than recommended and no changes at all. Didn't do a thing.
Idk, it works for me, even kept me off of zofran pre-surgery. So it has helped with my nauseousness as well. I would do research on where you buy it from. Make sure it's lab tested and all that. There is a lot of junk out there with low levels of cbd

singhr1

Oct 28, 2017
Are there any studies on this stuff? Really sounds like snake oil.

There are. But only for certain types of pain. Some studies have shown largely equivalent results to morphine. The data is early. And it largely varies from individual to individual. If traditional pain meds/tx aren't working, then I'd start considering it but not before that.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
haven't tried any oral version. just in vape form.
mostly muscle recovery from an intense workout session.

I think my mum has been using it lately and has claimed it's helped her joint pain
i might end up getting some for my mom, she started taking anxiety medicine and already was taking meds for joints.

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not CBD oil, but I vape a 66.5% THC Indica at night, and it completely solves my restless leg syndrome and insomnia in a way that no prescription or OTC medication even comes close to.
Have you considered trying a weighted blanket as well? I'm a horrible sleeper. I thrash, can't get my legs comfortable, struggle to get back to sleep when I wake up. For years, it was just normal for me to wake up a few times every night. Now I hit a Lyf cartridge after I crawl under my 15 lb. blanket. I sleep like I'm dead. Unless my girlfriend wakes me up, I finally sleep solidly until my alarm goes off.

Nov 9, 2017
My friend claims when he takes CBD it helps with his mood, mild pains, and that he gets way higher when consuming THC.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
It's not a cure. Think of it more like taking a daily aspirin for sympto management it's not a cure for things even though taking it can prevent medical issues. But if you stop taking it those issues can still arise.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It takes the edge off but not nearly as much as I'd like or hope. But hey, mj is a pain to get sometimes so whatever.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
CBD hasn't helped my anxiety at all, whereas THC did. I literally feel no better or anything for that matter with CBD, but I have almost no anxiety ever when THC is involved. Just sucks I'm not in a legal state anymore.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
CBD didn't do much for me (anxiety, some depression), but this stuff...

Magtein-2-120g-2x6-bc__25070.1531936822.1200.1200.jpg

Magtein powder (Magnesium L-Threonate) saved my sanity.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I love all the people in here who tried it, it didn't work, so automatically it's snake oil. Yeah man I had a headache once and I took some advil and it didn't help, that shit is some snake oil too lol.

Everyone is different, everyone reacts differently to different drugs. Some can eat a handful of edibles and feel nothing, others can take a tiny drag off a pipe and they're fucked up for hours. Some people can take a single Advil and some need to take the maximum daily dosage. Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it's bullshit. Like literally any other drug, YMMV, and since it's still new and not as regulated as other drugs, there are all kinds of variables (ie does it actually have the advertised amount in it, is it a CBD/THC mix, did you smoke/vape/eat it, how potent was the strain they used, etc). But also like normal weed, it's not some kind of all encompassing wonder drug like some might want you to believe. Your best bet, to find out if it works for you or not, is to do some research on the different kinds, find a good quality product, and try it yourself. It'll either help or it won't and then you'll know.

My dad uses CBD honey and edibles to help with his pain management and he says sometimes it helps better than the prescription drugs he gets from the doctor. I tried CBD honey once and felt relaxed for about 5 minutes, then my eyes started itching and watering like crazy for about 10 minutes, then the effects wore off entirely. My girlfriend tried the same honey and said it made her feel sleepy. *shrug*

Are you able to buy this stuff in any state, or is it only in states where weed is legal?
I think it varies from state to state. I've heard it's legal to buy CBD weed in Texas, even though normal weed is still illegal there (if someone can confirm/deny, chime in)

Smylie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oregon
Have you considered trying a weighted blanket as well? I'm a horrible sleeper. I thrash, can't get my legs comfortable, struggle to get back to sleep when I wake up. For years, it was just normal for me to wake up a few times every night. Now I hit a Lyf cartridge after I crawl under my 15 lb. blanket. I sleep like I'm dead. Unless my girlfriend wakes me up, I finally sleep solidly until my alarm goes off.

Absolutely. I also have a 25 lbs. weighted blanket that is super helpful. Combine the two, and I sleep like a log in a way that I'm completely unable to without.

Oct 29, 2017
If you've tried CBD oil, has it helped you at all? I am mostly looking at what it can do for joint pain as I get pain pretty bad after lifting/climbing/etc.

Any recommendations on brands would be good too.

Ive been buying CBD gummies that are listed all over Groupon (JustCBD i think is the brand). Long story short, my L5 in my back is fucked and is prone to slipping. I didnt know it until about a year ago when the pain was absolutely killing me. I started taking CBD gummies (2 in the morning, 2 at night every day) and I was able to regain normal function. NOW, I am not making any claims that the CBD has helped me, it could be a total coincidence, but the few times that I forgot to order more, like say, going a week without any, my back has started to ache again. I am pretty skeptical that its the CBD doing this, but not enough to stop taking it.