• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halo 2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Middle of Nowhere
A joke, but a tasteless one at that. Has he commented?

https://twitter.com/dannyodwyer/status/21594866514

8PUHIvj.png

Last edited:

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not particularly funny, but seems very obviously sarcastic.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
EDIT. Links are related to a GG supporting group, deleting and my apologize.

Last edited:

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this a sport now?, digging through 8 years worth of tweets to find one that they can be lambasted over?

DeeDogg

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Florida
has he apologized for a nearly 10 yr old tweet that you spent lots of time out of your life searching for? im certain he forgot that even existed

May 18, 2018
I stopped caring about old racist shit from white dudes a long time ago. He's going to do some half assed apology with the phrase, "not who I am any more" all his friends/fans will whine about outrage culture and none of this will be remembered by mid November. None of this matters because nothing will change

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes that's really in poor taste. But it is in the past and willing to give Danny benefit of a doubt that he's past that shitty jokes phase.

I hope he acknowledge how bad these tweets are and apologize even though again this is in the past

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
We have to go deeper. Did he have a Myspace page? What IRC channels did he post on? What was in that conspicuously named "New Folder (1)" in his Documents folder and why was it marked as hidden?

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Culture, and people, have changed a lot, even in 8 years. Taking five seconds to look at his recent activity shows he's not the same person he was back then

Honestly you could look into basically any famous person and they were likely saying problematic stuff a decade ago. Like, Vinny used some not-ok phrases regarding Naoto in the Persona 4 Endurance Run during Giant Bomb's early years, but I'm hardly going to hold his modern self accountable to that.

Would it be nice if he called out this old post? Sure. But dredging it up just seems counterproductive and is a dangerous game. And it feels like it's playing into the Alt-Right handbook.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
This trend of digging through people's twitter history is the fucking worst. Grow up and stop obsessing over people like this, it was eight years ago, who cares.

Danny has also definitely commented on saying shitty things in the past and growing up and improving himself.

Spidey

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Out of curiosity, what did he say recently to make the GGs go through his Twitter history?

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
If you seriously think Danny stands by that with any modicum of sincerity, then you have no fucking clue who Danny is.

8 year old tweets dont mean much considering who he has been for years since.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Guys please don't dig up stuff I said ten years ago.

I can guarantee you I said bad shit, but people change

Deleted member 10193

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why are people bashing looking at old tweets like because it was years ago people should just get a free pass.

If you don't want people digging up your shitty past then don't tweet horrible shit. You don't get to pick and choose who gets raked over the coals and who doesn't just because you may like one person more than the other.

I know Dannys not a racist but yikes those tweets.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Why are so many people instantly dismissing this as "just an eight year old joke"? Seems incredibily unusual given the usual prevailing political sentiments here. Especially given those other deleted tweets with disparaging slurs against blacks and asians...

This trend of digging through people's twitter history is the fucking worst. Grow up and stop obsessing over people like this, it was eight years ago, who cares.

Danny has also definitely commented on saying shitty things in the past and growing up and improving himself.
I mean, you'd go into mine and you'd never find any racist shit, you know why? Cause I never was to start with. How old is he? 2010 ain't so far back, It's only 8 years. And I seriously think he wasn't in his teenage phase back then.

Why are members downplaying this so much? Because he does great videos about video games? fuck off.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Why are people bashing looking at old tweets like because it was years ago people should just get a free pass.

If you don't want people digging up your shitty past then don't tweet horrible shit. You don't get to pick and choose who gets raked over the coals and who doesn't just because you may like one person more than the other.

I know Dannys not a racist but yikes those tweets.
I don't see any difference with reading an article or book someone wrote 8 years ago. It's all published content. Not least in the eyes of the law, when it comes to defamation and so on.

If you publish questionable things, then people are entitled to call you out on them.

Slatsunus

Nov 2, 2017
Some of those are Chappell show quotes......smh are you fucking serious.

Do some research before hand with shit Iike this Jesus Christ

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, you'd go into mine and you'd never find any racist shit, you know why? Cause I never was to start with. How old is he? 2010 ain't so far back, It's only 8 years. And I seriously think he wasn't in his teenage phase back then.

Why are members downplaying this so much? Because he does great videos about video games? fuck off.
People are downplaying this because this dumbass alt-right tactic of pulling old shit people said as though it represents them now is gross and that people are normalising it is completely fucked up.

Who gives a shit how old he was when he said it, what matters is whether he's still like that which it's pretty clear he isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.