• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DryCreek

Oct 25, 2017
You know grabbing things people said 8 years ago is so petty. does he seem like that kind of person now? use some common sense.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018

The first one (in the OP) could have been a dumb "joke", but JFC at these ones.

This is so embarrassing.

Don't you guys have anything better to do with your time?

One of the coolest dudes around and you try and stir up shit.

apperently he ain't such a cool dude though?

Posting outspoken leftist tweets.

And this is something we shouldn't forget, people can change their stance over the years.

Last edited:

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

2kqlse.jpg

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This digging-up-8-year-old tweets shit is literally being done as a ploy by GG fuckers to try turning popular opinion against left-leaning games press people and y'all dumbasses are falling for it

Bananastand

Oct 26, 2017
The left is more than willing to eat their own. That's not exactly true for the right. They know this so you just dig up some old poor jokes and let the left do its thing.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Yeah for real, I've been trying to get that user to tell me what they meant by that accusation. But after multiple attempts they haven't replied to me at all. Pretty scummy move to call me out like that and then not edit the original post when you realize you were wrong or had the wrong person. I've posted on Etcetera like 5 times.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Danny being an outspoken ally and enemy of GG doesn't absolve him from using the n-word whether it's a Chappelle quote or not. No reason to chew him out over this but there's also no reason why he shouldn't make a statement. The comparisons to James Gunn are quite silly.

NightOnyx

Oct 25, 2017
This is dumb, it's 8 years ago, why are people digging up stuff from that long ago? Do people really not have anything better to do? Every single one of us has done something or said something they regret. I guarantee the OP wouldn't want someone digging through every single thing they have ever done or said. What is important is the person Danny is now and has obviously been for a while now. He's a great guy, and of course is not even remotely racist and is very left-leaning. Honestly, this is a trash thread and pisses me off, and I'm glad most people on here are not falling for it.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
In 2010, people still felt cool about their "edgy" humour.

Throughout the last few years, I'm sure many of them have grown to understand that "for the lulz" has been weaponised, memes and casual -phobia and -ism can be incredibly hurtful.

Also, archive links straight from KotakuInAction. Classy.

This digging-up-8-year-old tweets shit is literally being done as a ploy by GG fuckers to try turning popular opinion against left-leaning games press people and y'all dumbasses are falling for it

this.

Deleted member 25108

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Learn what context is and then get back to us.

The context is that I, as a Black man, find someone who has disparaged Black people and "ironically" used the words of a comedian clearly to be a edgelord, offensive.

The context is I, as a Uncle and Godfather, found Guns tweets about fucking kids indefensible.

The context is I, as a Era member, see time and time again members shrugging off Black issues, no matter how much it is explained what is offensive and why it is.

But its cool :- because they are "progressive" now. The fuck outta here.

SlothmanAllen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why do people say this shit? If your going to quote that Dave Chappelle skit, just say "fuck yo couch!". Everyone knows what your talking about.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Yeah for real, I've been trying to get that user to tell me what they meant by that accusation. But after multiple attempts they haven't replied to me at all. Pretty scummy move to call me out like that and then not edit the original post when you realize you were wrong or had the wrong person. I've posted on Etcetera like 5 times.

My apologies, it wasn't you, it was just someone who posted nearly the exact same type of posts as you did with a Data avatar.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I am 33, I have never used the N word. Not even as a joke. Being 8 years ago does not excuse that. Quit acting like we didn't know it was a racial slur 8 years ago.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
So we're straight up using alt right tactics now?

Don't you people have anything better to do than look up old social media accounts?
It's literally the alt-right. Cernovich & crew were retweeting this shit today. It's so fucking transparent when these folks make threads about years-old tweets and have handy list of archive links. Give me a break. OP knows what he's doing.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can still be shocked that he said that. He wasn't 16 years old 8 years ago.

If you're shocked by hearing white people say the N word then consider yourself lucky. I grew up in the south where white people throw it around like nothing every single day.

I'm not saying that's a good thing, or an acceptable thing - it's horrible and I deeply hated it. But it should frankly never be shocking that a white dude, at some point, said it. A lot of white dudes you probably trust to be better than that have probably said it. What matters is if they move past it. Danny should apologize and acknowledge this now that it's been brought up, sure. But the fact that we're here talking about this at all is solely because some twisted GG fuckers are trying to vilify every left-leaning member of the gaming press and get them publicly shamed and blacklisted, and they are counting on ERA reactionaries to play into their bullshit.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
I refuse to believe anyone is genuinely offended by an irish man quoting Chappelle's Show in 2010. Like, come the fuck on. Seriously.

TheLastYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think OP trying to crucify him, just curious on whether it's been addressed. A simple apology would do for past foolish comments should be enough... this seems similar to the Brother Nature situation (although he was much younger).

Status
Not open for further replies.