• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you're shocked by hearing white people say the N word then consider yourself lucky. I grew up in the south where white people throw it around like nothing every single day.

I'm not saying that's a good thing, or an acceptable thing - it's horrible and I deeply hated it. But it should frankly never be shocking that a white dude, at some point, said it. A lot of white dudes you probably trust to be better than that have probably said it. What matters is if they move past it. Danny should apologize and acknowledge this now that it's been brought up, sure. But the fact that we're here talking about this at all is solely because some twisted GG fuckers are trying to vilify every left-leaning member of the gaming press and get them publicly shamed and blacklisted, and they are counting on ERA reactionaries to play into their bullshit.

It shocked me that Danny said it, I should have clarified.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Danny does great work, I was a Patreon supporter for a while, will be again. But what's the joke here? I know he was trying to be funny or edgy, but what is funny about "No one's watching so let's say hateful shit!"? People always say 'it was just a joke,' but the jokes aren't funny, thoughtful or interesting. We should really investigate why we ever thought stupid shit like this was funny to begin with.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
I see that this thread is going to become a "Why can't I say nigger free of consequence too." thread.

replicantUK

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
A joke, but a tasteless one at that. Has he commented?

https://twitter.com/dannyodwyer/status/21594866514

8PUHIvj.png

I have better things to do with my time that look through 8 year old tweets to try and drum up some fist shaking lets get offended crowd.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
8 year old tweets posted with zero context would be thin material for a thread even if the archive links weren't apparently sourced from hate sites / movements

Status
Not open for further replies.