• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There just doesnt seem to be any buzz around the new Halo game; not as much as in the past atleast. Halo was freaking huge back in early 2000 and well into next decade. Maybe it is just me, but is it not on the same hype level as 10-15 years ago?

Nov 11, 2017
Nope I expect the next one to be the biggest ever , it will do great on xbox game pass steam and windows store.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Yeah, but I feel if this next one launches along with the new box it'll come back pretty strong.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Storywise, the 343 material has been divisive. Multiplayer wise, there's a lot more competition out there these days. And Xbox isn't what it used to be. So yeah. I don't know about sales numbers, but the market has expanded and it doesn't command as large a fraction of the Mart anymore.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Ever since COD4 happened, Halo started to lose some of its shine. And the newer 343 changes to the formula have been somewhat divisive.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Well, yeah... for a while now.

Here's hoping Halo Infinite changes that.

Oct 27, 2017
Yep! But 3's popularity was insane, drop off was to be expected. Halo 3 felt like Fortnite with how ubiquitous it was during that time

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Most definitely. Most franchises never stay on top forever. Doesn't mean they can't win back a lot of people with Halo Infinite though.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh.... the response around Halo outside of ERA has been pretty big lately, MCC for PC blew up and Infinite seems to be gathering a lot of attention. It's definitely declined quite a bit/lot from the Halo 3/pre-Halo 4 launch days but it's being going back up recently, so I don't know what you're seeing OP that makes you think it's continuing to decline.

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
Yes, Yes it has.
We know it won't ever reach the popularity of Halo 3 again. But Halo infinite should give it a small boost.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Well, 343i certainly isn't Bungie. I'm not yet convinced they can reinstate Halo as the franchise it once was but hopefully Halo Infinite is finally a breath of fresh air.

Dec 11, 2017
It didn't help that they showed more of Halo Infinite last year than this year. People will start to get excited once they actually show the game finally.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Gears and Halo both seem to have collapsed in popularity compared to last gen. Hopefully infinite will attract lapsed and new fans.

TimPV3

Oct 30, 2017
Call of Duty stole their multiplayer thunder, and a lot of people probably stopped caring after 3 when the trilogy ended.

RTX ON

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Yes, lots of it.

I'm going on gut instinct but the numbers have been dwindling since 4.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
I think its still more popular than I would have expected at this point. If Infinite is as good as we hope it will, it will be straight back up there.

Its a tired comparisson but Infinite really need to be Halo's - Gow 2018 moment.

Jun 4, 2019
Some? Halo was at one point a cultural touchstone. Now, it's a somewhat successful FPS totally overshadowed by its peers. Exclusivity to a suddenly unpopular brand didn't help it.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
Halo has been in decline for a long time. I feel this is and has been very blatant.

Sep 14, 2018
It's nowhere close to what it used to be. I doubt even if I explained it to them that younger people could fully understand how big of an event the releases of Halo 2 and Halo 3 were, especially Halo 2, that was on the national news. It's hard to picture Halo nowadays being that big.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Yes. Its poised for a comeback though.
MCC for PC is gaining a lot of attention and Infinite is primed to impress since its launching with a new console.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Absolutely it has. All of my old Halo super fans have pretty much been off that train since Bungie left. I have to imagine that is more common than not.

Oggmeiler

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
D4FZqPLXoAAcEbY.jpg

No.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
There just doesnt seem to be any buzz around the new Halo game; not as much as in the past atleast. Halo was freaking huge back in early 2000 and well into next decade. Maybe it is just me, but is it not on the same hype level as 10-15 years ago?
It has no BR mode in it, so it's dropped off the radar. Even though is still sells millions, it's not how it use to be. Maybe a rebirth will happen with Infinity, since it comes Xbox and Nextgen and PC.

rafiki

Alt account
Banned
May 18, 2019
Yes, it was already in decline and 343 really blew it with H5 story. Misleading and false marketing. And campaign was garbage. But MP is still amazing.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Yes.

Say what you will about Halo 4, but I thought that game at least tried to lead the story in a new direction.

Then 5 comes along...and man, Halo 5's story is just rubbish. Complete rubbish.

Gray clouds

Nov 7, 2017
I'm sure its likely Halo has declined with fps competition.

But it's also important to consider the last couple Halo games with mixed fan reception, and twice now we've been teased about Halo Infinity, without seeing anything.