• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you sold yet?

• Yes! Day one - did you see the Hellblade trailer?

Votes: 1,001 27.3%
  • Yes, but not right away

Votes: 325 8.9%
  • No, I need to see more

Votes: 948 25.9%
  • No, not at all

Votes: 1,393 38.0%

• Total voters

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Not yet. I need to know more. Like what different models are going to be available, and of course the most important thing, the software lineup. I never bothered to buy an Xbox One this gen because there just wasn't enough exclusive software I wanted for me to justify the purchase.

I will say I do like the vertical design of the console, and how the vent is on top of the system.

DeeDubs

Oct 28, 2017
How well each handle BC will be the reason for one to be my main box (buy day 1) and exclusives only box (buy later).

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm intrigued, but I need more information and even then I'm still more likely to get the PS5 first.

Like what happened this last gen, Playstation first and then Xbox later down the line.

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
I like everything that they are doing but their software lineup is pretty lackluster to me. That will be the main draw if I am ever to purchase a Series X. I do hope Sony takes note about the design and the emphasis on keeping the hardware noise levels low.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
I don't mean to be rude. I appreciate you course correcting. But people always seem to misrepresent themselves when they look back.

Well that's because I actually standby what I said. But Scalebound was always interesting to me in the non-interesting way. Fact that it even existed was something worth noting.

S I C K O

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
As long as they release their games on PC I won't have to buy a Xbox console. Don't know if they fucked up or if they don't care as long as I'm in their ecosystem.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Xbox One sold the lowest in its launch year (worldwide) than any of the years up to now. Mainly due to the terrible marketing and myopic focus on Kinect.

2013 - 3m
2014 - 8m
2015 - 8m+
2016 - 8m+
2017 - 7m+
2018 - 7m

Isn't that 1.5 months Vs. 12? I don't disagree that they fumbled launch, but that would seem to be a huge factor as well

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but when is my question. I'm going to get one once a game gets announced that has my interest.

Not gonna day one this for Halo.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
I know I will likely get one at some point, but right now I'm not day one.

Depends on the upcoming games. I'd be fine using Series X as my "main" console for third-party games, but Sony has the edge on exclusives for me, if only because of Spider-Man and Horizon Zero Dawn.

Aside from those exclusives, GamePass is great and I'm sure there'll be only more crossplay games to come, so it won't really matter outside of those.

adobot

Mar 19, 2019
No. All we've seen the is the box and a trailer for 1 game. The box looks ok, I never particularly cared what my consoles look like, and the vertical box is an interesting choice, but isn't a make or break decision for me.

Once we know specs, games, etc. I'll consider it.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Can't be sold with no specs or price announcements. That'd mean I'm sold on a picture and flowery PR words.

The honest truth is that my PC pretty much guarantees that I'll never buy an Xbox console, but I will be playing a lot of games from Microsoft's studios.

It is one of the best looking consoles of all time. The monolithic look is so sci-fi to me.

Metal Slugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
St. Cloud, MN
Two exclusives does not a console preorder make.

The tech/design are cool but there needs to be more diverse exclusive content. I don't want a fancy Game Pass multiplat box.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
But what will happen if the rumours are true and Sony winds up putting their games on PC?

Me personally? I'll still buy 3 console regardless because PC Gaming lol
If it's day and date I'll go PC. I don't care about the box. Playstation and Nintendo making me buy hardware to play their games benefits them because I almost always end up getting something else there but if PS5 is going full in on PC I'm going there.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Yes, but it has nothing to do with Hellblade. I'll get it for the 4K / 8k support and backwards compatibility.

Have we heard anything on external drive support??

I have over 500 Games installed on my Xbox One X. 11TB total with 5TB Free.

h0mebas3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I need a better understanding of their backward compatibility plan. If it truly is everything from the original Xbox forward then I'm sold because there are plenty of games I haven't played on Xbox since I was mainly PlayStation.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Was hell blade not running in engine real time?

And on topic, hell yes I'm buying the sx at launch. Will try to get a ps5 too, but worst case that waits a bit.
It was, I guess I should have clarified that I'm looking for gameplay that's "in-engine" not just a cinematic. This gen we've seen a ton of "in-engine" real-time cut scenes that look amazing but massive downgrades during gameplay so it's difficult to know exactly how good gameplay is going to look.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
If it's day and date I'll go PC. I don't care about the box. Playstation and Nintendo making me buy hardware to play their games benefits them because I almost always end up getting something else there but if PS5 is going full in on PC I'm going there.

Too much work and cost for me.

It's cheaper (here) and more convenient to buy 3 consoles than bother with a Gaming PC.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I'm still PS5 on launch 100% barring some unimaginable gaffe...

Really thinking I'm buying one console at launch so right now I'm thinking of keeping my 1X for a while and then buying the Series X at some point.

Things could always change though...

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Nah, PS5 will have better games overall and any interesting xbox games i can just get on PC

s0l0kill

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only reason I'd buy an XBOX will be for the game pass integration and exclusives, if they show me moe interesting games I'll take the plunge.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I guess. I didn't need to be convinced, I was planning on getting one already. I'm not crazy about the design, the S and X versions of the X1 look awesome (the S is probably my favorite console design) but the Series X is so plain. It's just a plain black box.

So I wasn't thrilled by the reveal, but there's no way I'm not getting one at launch, so I guess call me convinced. Can't wait to see more gameplay.

Deleted member 60992

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2019
I liked how Microsoft handle the reveal at the Game Awards and I've been watching what they've been doing with Game Pass.I'm interested in what they're doing but not enough to buy into their ecosystem just yet.

I want to see how their first, second, and third party exclusives shapes up. I'm not worried about the system because it seems like a legit powerhouse and I'm impressed with the Game Pass Ultimate.

All it would take for me to buy a X-Box Series X and years of Game Pass Ultimate is a game that competes with Pokémon. It could be Monsters, Machines, Spirts, or other dimensional beings, or a combination of all of the above with a Teen or Mature story and a competitive side to it. Pokémon and Game Freak needs a legit competitor that's not on a Nintendo Platform and I don't care if it's Sony or Microsoft I will buy whatever console necessary to play and support a game like that.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
I'm more interested in it than the next Playstation. which is something I've never said about a Xbox console before. Being able to play most of my Original Xbox & Xbox 360 games is a big plus for me. If I can do the same with the PS5 that might change things

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn straight! The last couple of years guaranteed I'm getting one at launch. Love the moves MS has been making. Having a new Halo at launch is gonna be a dream.

Pleasant!

Nov 1, 2017
I would say i'm sold on the capability of the Series X (tha flops) and I don't mind the look of the chassis. Also have gamepass through Oct 2022. I picked "Yes, but not right away", because I have a very decent pc and I was primarily a ps4 player this gen and, frankly, my ps4 pro is feeling more old and loud than my new X and I'll wanna update that first. I'm a sucker though so i'll end up with everything at some point/after the right sale.

Oct 27, 2017
Lol I've gone from assumed definite buy to maybe but probably not until a slim revision, but I might just settle on playing the few exclusives I care about on our MacBook Pro probably low settings fuck it.

ShaDowDaNca

Nov 1, 2017
Very likely but not sure if @ launch.
Wondering if MS will do a trade up program for those who own the X?