• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you sold yet?

• Yes! Day one - did you see the Hellblade trailer?

Votes: 1,001 27.3%
  • Yes, but not right away

Votes: 325 8.9%
  • No, I need to see more

Votes: 948 25.9%
  • No, not at all

Votes: 1,393 38.0%

• Total voters

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Even just in terms of numbers of games announced for 2020, the sheer volume of them compared to Sony is impressive. I feel like Sony haven't announced anything major for about 2 years now, relying on the admittedly impressive sunset games such as GofT and TLOU2. They've relied heavily on a small number of big hitters whilst, perplexingly, sent out smaller games to die (Concrete Genie) with zero backing.

Sony either simply don't have the same number of games in development (possible if they're focusing on bigger games) or they're holding back for a mega reveal event. But MS certainly are owning the next gen discussion at the moment. Going early and talking often about their plans has really helped change the narrative.

Exciting times for both companies I hope.

Imerty

Oct 27, 2017
It's going to be a better Xbox One X. I'm fine with that.

But it won't be my first next-gen console because, despite Game Pass, which is easily the best thing Microsoft has ever done and a "killer app" for the Xbox, it won't have the most interesting exclusives for me compared to the PS5, especially during the first 1~2 years. Also, considering how iterative they are making this next console, I will play Halo Infinite in my current Xbox One X without any problem. It won't be as pretty or run as faster as in the Series X, which I don't have a problem at all.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like the hardware design but I don't buy consoles for their design but rather games, so for me it's a "wait and see".

I know Microsoft fans will disagree with me but my confidence in Microsoft's ability to provide a steady stream of quality exclusives that I have any interest in is at an all-time low.

TibimusPrime

Nov 26, 2017
It's a funny thing, i switched from PS4 to One X somewhere in the summer of this year, GP gave (and stil does!) great value, but i had no feelings what so ever of this reveal tbh. Maybe because i have not seen any games running on this to properly hype me ?

Think i'll just wait until the PS5 has been shown, and when both company's show some games running on it, and what their plans for the future are with the console's.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
I was gonna buy one for Elite (like I bought an X1X for Elite). So well, I'm still gonna buy one unless they botch up something.

I "need" a nextgen console and I'm happy with Xbox right now 🤷‍♀️

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm interested, but it comes down to games and what Sony offers in response. I haven't had as much time for gaming lately and I don't know if I need two consoles. MS needs to prove to me that it has a lot to offer.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Is it just me or do alot of people have gaming PC's now all of the sudden? Where the fuck did all these PC gamers come from? Its trippin me out, Fr, Fr..

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
I'm still uncertain what it even is, there needs to be a lot more communication and demonstration which I'm sure will happen over the course of 2020. It was a really weird tease though and is far from "selling" me

Easy Rider

Nov 2, 2017
yes Sony and Nintendo's next gen software definitely looks fantastic. Especially that one with the guy. You know.

You do know or should know their first party studio's franchises and track record though, and wouldn't be unwise to assume they will keep pumping quality stuff for existing and new franchises. On the other hand Microsoft's first party offerings are in my opinion much weaker in both quality and quantity and I assume this won't change in the short or mid term.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm still uncertain what it even is, there needs to be a lot more communication and demonstration which I'm sure will happen over the course of 2020. It was a really weird tease though and is far from "selling" me
I think a lot of media outlets got it and explained it, DF also has a great video of it in the form of a DF direct.

Hale-XF11

Dec 8, 2017
No, I'm sticking with PS, especially since I already own a PSVR headset which is forwards compatible and I spend a lot of time in VR. MS is going a different route than where my interests are so far.

DrowsyJungle

Oct 25, 2017
Considering my pc has a 5820K & 1070. To get Series X performance I'd have to have a new build...which will cost a good chunk of change. I'll probably just get the console skip the PC build for a while.

Puffball

Jan 16, 2018
Hell I've been putting money away for both next gen consoles for a couple months now so I'm aiming to have both. However, Xbox has me the most excited. They seem to be centered much more on gaming than previous gens. Add in Gamepass and Xcloud and you have me very excited to see what exactly has in store for next gen.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
Not at all. I can play xbox games on a PC, and honestly I don't have a lot of time nowadays to have multiple platforms. I plan on sticking to Playstation.

It seems like it's going to be a great console, though. Hellblade looked amazing.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not at all.

Too early to tell anyway but MS could make a 2TF more powerful console than Sony and it still wouldn't matter to me much. There are very few games to justify a new console jump.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Yes but I get all new hardware Day 1 anyway. Plus I'm locked into Gamepass Ultimate until June 2022 so I'm set.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No. Hellblade II should be good but I need to see a lot more than one game before I'll buy an expensive new console.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Phil Spencer can't do anything to sell me a Series X because I play on PC and all the xbox games I like are on there.

If anything, I like the Xbox ecosystem better this way. So for me, that's a plus for Xbox. Just not the console.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
The Senua trailer sold me. Like, goddamn, I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a new generation of consoles.

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox One is a giant pile of shit, having the base model has been a struggle to try and get it working when it's many problems comes rise to inconvenience my session so I jumped to PS4. Couple that with MS gave up having even the slightest bit of interesting software that could compete with Sony's killer line up, without a doubt this console needs to be retired and forgotten.

That being said, besides the Series X having the most worrying name terminology since the Wii U, Microsoft is finally putting money towards software that isn't just fucking Gears, Halo and Forza 5000: The Forzening Awakens. While we yet to see any fruits of their mass studio acquisition and seeing their previous history with their studios being murky at best, to quote Django, "You had my attention, but now you have my curiosity."

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
What information has there been to sell me on? We know its name, we know what it looks like, and a few hardware details. Why would just the few morsels of information have me slavering to spend $400+ on a new console?

Right now the best I can say for it is that I could buy it to replace my previous Xboxes.

Oct 1, 2019
Yes. MS seems committed to their gaming division with all the acquisitions and expansions that they've been doing. Plus, that Hellblade 2 trailer was amazing! Definitely getting and Xbox next gen.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Really looking forward to seeing what special edition consoles look like. The vertical option gives much more freedom to do a full wrap around design.

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
User Banned (2 Weeks): Personal attacks, platform warring, long history of platform wars

Can I have your job? I have no problem understanding basic information provided to me regarding the hobby I follow closely

Your video about the game awards was embarrassing. Phil Spencer literally came out right after the reveal and explained everything.

Last edited:

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
I like the design, but a cool black box is useless without great software.

'They need to show off they are committed to releasing amazing games from their first party studios. I need to see the games, not just a nice "in-engine" trailer.

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
With a couple years of Gamepass left before I have to buy any more and a rapidly aging gaming PC, if I can some decent money for my One X, I'll happily pick up a Series X at launch.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Not yet, once we start seeing games, it'll be easier to decide. Really hoping for a fable game done right. Peter M. promised so much to young me.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User banned (1 week): portbegging, platform wars, previous related infractions
Microsoft should bring their games to PlayStation. That's the only way I see myself supporting their ecosystem. Ori and Cupheqd should come now that Xbox live is allowed in PS4. Console sales shouldnt matter to them as long as I use their serivice.

Benjamin1981

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They really don't have to sell me on the Series X. The fact that i don't have to pay for the first party launch games and i can use my Elite Series 2 controller is enough. Basically i just have to buy the box and i'm good.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Hope to not offence anyone, but it convinced me my recent pc rig with an 2080 GTX is the best alternative to another xbox.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
I like the design, but a cool black box is useless without great software.

'They need to show off they are committed to releasing amazing games from their first party studios. I need to see the games, not just a nice "in-engine" trailer.
Was hell blade not running in engine real time?

And on topic, hell yes I'm buying the sx at launch. Will try to get a ps5 too, but worst case that waits a bit.